Master Chief Statue on White House lawn.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If you could all do me a solid and sign this

[CLASSIFIED]

Lets get someone we know who has our back at the White House.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Bumping for awesomeness.

Don’t let me down Halo Community.

LOL is that for real

Is this legit?

“He deserves more praise for what he has done.”

Are you kidding? He’s a video game character. He’s done nothing. Seriously pick any soldier that is or has ever served in the military and make a statue of them instead; they deserve it more than any fictional character does.

This will not happen at this rate, unfortunatly, but if theres 21,000 people who see this thread who actually will sign it could happen. One could dream though. I won’t vote because I’m 12 and I don’t want to make an account for this only.

This is dumb…I love Halo, but Master Chief is a fictional character. I would rather a statue be built of an actual soldier.

cOLD. Just saying.
OT: I still don’t think a fictional supersoldier should be on the lawn of the US White House.

You hold no concept of international relations if you support this. The world already sees the US as a bunch of fat slobs, like we really need to slap a statue in front of the President’s house to solidify that fact.

We don’t even take care of the vets we have but lets ignore that fact and build a statue glorifying a fictional soldier.

I agree with the guys above; this is borderline disrespectful and very much one of the reasons people don’t take gamers seriously.

Actually, this would not happen anyways. Everyone outside of the Halo community wouldn’t allow a fictional video game character to built on the lawn of the White House. It’s absurd…

Master Chief symbolizes what every soldier should aspire to be. Not a huge super soldier, no, but somebody who is willing to sacrifice anything and everything to protect the cause that they believe in.

At it’s core, this actually isn’t a terrible idea at all. Although it’s never going to happen.

And to all you people who are saying that ANY soldier is more worthy of a statue, let me just point out that the army is a huge joke. A good chunck of them are just high-school screw ups who needed something to make money off of. Sorry, the truth hurts, and my own brother is an example of that, so don’t say I’m a hater.

> This is dumb…I love Halo, but Master Chief is a fictional character. I would rather a statue be built of an actual soldier.

Than make a petition for it.

Japan can make a Gundam suit, I don’t see why we can’t have a statue of the chief.

Is it absurd, or is it the future? Don’t mock progress. Thomas Edison failed over 1000 times but changed the future. It’s worth it.

> Master Chief symbolizes what every soldier should aspire to be. Not a huge super soldier, no, but somebody who is willing to sacrifice anything and everything to protect the cause that they believe in.
>
> At it’s core, this actually isn’t a terrible idea at all. Although it’s never going to happen.
>
> And to all you people who are saying that ANY soldier is more worthy of a statue, let me just point out that the army is a huge joke. A good chunck of them are just high-school screw ups who needed something to make money off of. Sorry, the truth hurts, and my own brother is an example of that, so don’t say I’m a hater.

I will call you a hater. What kind of American can say that the Army is a joke? There are a lot of great men and women serving in the army. Sure, there are some screw ups in the military, but don’t give a group a name because of a few people.

On the other hand, no, MC is a fictional character…what is wrong with people?

> > This is dumb…I love Halo, but Master Chief is a fictional character. I would rather a statue be built of an actual soldier.
>
> Than make a petition for it.
>
> Japan can make a Gundam suit, I don’t see why we can’t have a statue of the chief.

BECAUSE JAPAN IS MORE REVOLVED AROUND TECHNOLOGY AND GAMING. America is not like Japan. I don’t need to make a petition for it, because it will never happen. Grow up.

> Is it absurd, or is it the future? Don’t mock progress. Thomas Edison failed over 1000 times but changed the future. It’s worth it.

You can’t honestly say there will be a monument or statue dedicated to a fictional video game character in the presence of a national monument or the president of the United States house, can you? Come on…

It’s somewhat offensive to all active duty military that you think master chief is this important.

> I will call you a hater. What kind of American can say that the Army is a joke? <mark>There are a lot of great men and women serving in the army. Sure, there are some screw ups in the military</mark>, but don’t give a group a name because of a few people.
>
> On the other hand, no, MC is a fictional character…what is wrong with people?

Yeah, there are lots of great soldiers who have my every last bit of respect, but can you really say that the majority of US Army personnel are there because they want to be there to be of service to their country? More over, the rising controversial acts that have become recent among amry personnel has, in my opinion at least, led me to doubt the legitimacy of calling them soldiers. More like hired guns, I guess.

> > I will call you a hater. What kind of American can say that the Army is a joke? <mark>There are a lot of great men and women serving in the army. Sure, there are some screw ups in the military</mark>, but don’t give a group a name because of a few people.
> >
> > On the other hand, no, MC is a fictional character…what is wrong with people?
>
> Yeah, there are lots of great soldiers who have my every last bit of respect, but can you really say that the majority of US Army personnel are there because they want to be there to be of service to their country? More over, the rising controversial acts that have become recent among amry personnel has, in my opinion at least, led me to doubt the legitimacy of calling them soldiers. More like hired guns, I guess.

I understand where you’re getting at and why you would think this, but it’s really a small percentage to the 2 million we currently have in the military.