Master Chief shoul not have been in Halo 5

This is just my opinion trying to make sense of the nonsense.

I was replaying the campaigns leading up to Halo 5 just as a refresher and after playing Halo 5. I was scratching my head on what went wrong with Halo 5 and the only reason I can come up for the story is that the real Master Chief Died in Halo 4 when he activated the nuke at point blank range: The whole idea does not bother me at all, at least he died saving humanity one last time along with Cortana and at least it was a heroic death. This beats the lame story of Halo 5 and his limited involvement where he is useless and ends up needing to be saved.

The other reason I think this is the case is the new head writer is not a good game writer especially for halo. He might be fine with comic books but the people in charge at 343 should have known better than to let him write anything after the Spartan Ops nonsense. Writing for comics is not the same as writing games or books since that also utilizes drawings another form of communication beside writing. I know there are similarities, but a doodle is nowhere the same as a video or interactive game. Also I have noticed that the mindset of a comic book writer is not the best fit for a broader audience medium. This stems from the fact that the comic book writer just keeps extending the life of a character just to keep the drawing model the same. All this is a problem and it shows in Halo 5 and the general reception.

They should have made Halo 5 completely about Locke and left Master Chief out of it completely. That way people will stop confusing Halo 5 with a real Halo game.

Multiplayer is fine it has its issues for some people, but it is a decent entry in the Halo universe.

Thanks for your opinion.

Ok, so I’m trying to determine if you’re being delibrately satirical in the sense that you don’t like Halo 5, and are attempting to convey that information with the most preposterous arguments possible, or you actually believe that the ideas that you have spewed onto the forums is the real truth that can’t possibly be wrong.

> 2533274950478805;3:
> Ok, so I’m trying to determine if you’re being delibrately satirical in the sense that you don’t like Halo 5, and are attempting to convey that information with the most preposterous arguments possible, or you actually believe that the ideas that you have spewed onto the forums is the real truth that can’t possibly be wrong.

No, not the truth I don’t write for 343, I just dislike Halo 5 campaign, it hurts my brain at how ridiculous it is. Therefore I have come up with my own end for the Master Chief, because a decent death is better than disrespect for a character.

I think the game was just fine, and I actually enjoyed Spartan Ops. the lore and backgrounds are finally making it out from the books and movie shorts/animations and into the actual game. this Halo was pretty enjoyable for me, not the best sure, but as someone who has read a few of the books and watched and read every bit of lore and back story in the Halo Universe it was a pretty logical game that simply required an understanding of the universe outside of the game itself to understand what’s going on

> 2533274800988973;5:
> I think the game was just fine, and I actually enjoyed Spartan Ops. the lore and backgrounds are finally making it out from the books and movie shorts/animations and into the actual game. this Halo was pretty enjoyable for me, not the best sure, but as someone who has read a few of the books and watched and read every bit of lore and back story in the Halo Universe it was a pretty logical game that simply required an understanding of the universe outside of the game itself to understand what’s going on

I have more of an issue with how characters are handled. Master Chief and all the Spartan-IIs are all genius level intellects that have been enhanced. Also it is a big point of lore that what make Master Chief the best is his luck. Now knowing those two things what the hell happened with Master Chief acting like a moron or is he a love-sick teenager. Don’t even get me going on the amateurish writing and cheesy unearned one liners from Osiris. The weak premise that is Cortana going bad and even betraying 117 is even more preposterous.
I have also read watched and played everything halo which is why it bothers me.

> 2533274833423612;6:
> > 2533274800988973;5:
> > I think the game was just fine, and I actually enjoyed Spartan Ops. the lore and backgrounds are finally making it out from the books and movie shorts/animations and into the actual game. this Halo was pretty enjoyable for me, not the best sure, but as someone who has read a few of the books and watched and read every bit of lore and back story in the Halo Universe it was a pretty logical game that simply required an understanding of the universe outside of the game itself to understand what’s going on
>
>
> I have more of an issue with how characters are handled. Master Chief and all the Spartan-IIs are all genius level intellects that have been enhanced. Also it is a big point of lore that what make Master Chief the best is his luck. Now knowing those two things what the hell happened with Master Chief acting like a moron or is he a love-sick teenager. Don’t even get me going on the amateurish writing and cheesy unearned one liners from Osiris. The weak premise that is Cortana going bad and even betraying 117 is even more preposterous.
> I have also read watched and played everything halo which is what bothers me. Eg. I like the fact of the armor abilities because they are there in the books since Halo The Flood.

eh I can kind of see your point, but he had/has a connection with Cortana that runs fairly deep. I mean the man had spent so many years alone with her its really the closest things he’s probably been to having some form of love. If anything though I feel we should have played more of MC to see his side of the story in this game. He starts out following her like a puppy and then all of a sudden is confronted by Osiris for the second time and he’s all like “yea I know shes crazy I’m gonna stop her”. Also I think the deeper premise is not that Cortana is going mad or betraying Chief, but simply trying to force him into accepting the mantle of responsibility even if it makes her the “bad guy” as it is what humanity is destined to do and if they dont take the mantle then who will?. at least thats what I got from it.

but as I said I enjoyed this Halo, wasnt the best, and I can understand your opinion although I dont entirely agree.