Master Chief Run Harder Than Mythic

Ever since Halo 3, I have been trying to defeat the campaigns on legendary, from beginning to end, without dying once. The idea is to complete the missions like Master Chief (who obviously didn’t die). All skulls are off and you are allowed to save the game but if you die you have to start over from the first mission.

In Halo 3 the farthest I got was the end of the ark. In Reach (Noble 6 run) I made it to the end of pillar of autumn. I was soooo close in Reach but a plasma grenade launcher brute got me when I choked and missed a snipe. In Halo 4 I have made it to the middle of shutdown.

Obviously this challenge is not as difficult as what Master Chief had to face because Master Chief had to fight through very intelligent enemies where as we have to face stupid ai. But I don’t use skulls because they create challenges Master Chief wouldn’t face.

This run is MUCH more difficult than the mythic run. I have played the campaign at least 20 times trying to complete the Master Chief run in every Halo game from Halo 3.

I’m thinking maybe if I post this, the Master Chief run could become a popular alternative to the Mythic run.

I don’t think anyone has ever completed this run in any Halo game. I am very skilled at this game but I have given up on trying to complete it in Halo 4. Maybe Halo 5 will work out for me.

I challenge anyone to complete the Master Chief run. I am confident in my skill that no one will complete it but I would love it if someone did!

I assume no skipping/glitching?

Ya. Master Chief did not have the opportunity to glitch/skip so the same applies in the Master Chief run. (Unless you skip legitimately by sneaking past enemies, which in my experience is a bad idea)

Well, that definitely sounds like one helluva challenge. I’m intrigued and might try it, but I’ll be surprised if I ever do.

You might want to tell Tyrant about this, he made the Mythic/Legendary walkthrough thread at the top of this forum. If anyone can do it I’m sure he can.

if your trying to say your run idea is harder than LASO your mistaken, and you do know there is a skull that restarts the level when you die

> if your trying to say your run idea is harder than LASO your mistaken, and you do know there is a skull that restarts the level when you die

In his you need to restart the Campaign, that’s a much bigger deal. And with glitches/skips not allowed I imagine this would be quite the challenge for even the best LASO runners.

Trust me, this is much harder than LASO. There is no skull that starts the game over from prologue. the iron skull you speak of restarts the mission you died in.

I am intrigued by this. Running through the game as realistically as possible. Not that I could ever do it, I can barely make it through the campaign on legendary.

Spice it up a little.

If I were playing with the mindset that I’m Chief, I’d kamikaze as much as I can.

Also, note his signature weapon (the AR).

Take this challenge into consideration. Obviously, Chief wouldn’t abandon the use of his guns. But he should be efficient without them as well. Try and mix the combat, don’t rely on a gun all the time.

Sounds interesting, especially for me who got only XBL Silver now, and can’t look for any eggs and stuff in Spartan Ops -.-

I try this on normal and heroic first, though. Heroic is considered the most realistic experience, so I would say that a “Master Chief Run” would normally be on Heroic.

Although most of of the settings are most “normal” on normal. I mean, on Heroic you have only 75% of the shields on normal and so on.

Question is, how should I show that I completed it? I don’t have any capture thingy :frowning:

Haha this is a nice idea, but if I were ever to attempt it I’m sure it’d just be the once. -Yoink- getting to midnight, crashing your Jet (harrier thing) and having the commitment to start again from dawn :stuck_out_tongue:

Especially since there is literally no way to prove that you’ve done this

> I don’t think anyone has ever completed this run in any Halo game. I am very skilled at this game but I have given up on trying to complete it in Halo 4. Maybe Halo 5 will work out for me.

Back when all I did was play campaign I used to be able to run through CE on Legendary without taking any health damage. I’ve since tried doing this in CEA but it seems much more difficult than I remember.

i would say to whoever came up with that this if it is harder than Mythic then they should first do Mythic then we can talk.
i tend to listen more to folks that already have a feather on their cap rather than no cap at all.
Mythic Grand Master

You know what would be even harder? Playing from Reach to Halo 4 and if you die you have to start all the way back at Reach.

That would suck!

As someone who beat Halo 3 and ODST Mythic, I can say that it’s really not difficult. At all. I mean, it’s just a matter of skipping this area, glitching that spawn, etc. etc.

> Ever since Halo 3, I have been trying to defeat the campaigns on legendary, from beginning to end, without dying once. The idea is to complete the missions like Master Chief (who obviously didn’t die). All skulls are off and you are allowed to save the game but if you die you have to start over from the first mission.
>
> In Halo 3 the farthest I got was the end of the ark. In Reach (Noble 6 run) I made it to the end of pillar of autumn. I was soooo close in Reach but a plasma grenade launcher brute got me when I choked and missed a snipe. In Halo 4 I have made it to the middle of shutdown.
>
> Obviously this challenge is not as difficult as what Master Chief had to face because Master Chief had to fight through very intelligent enemies where as we have to face stupid ai. But I don’t use skulls because they create challenges Master Chief wouldn’t face.
>
> This run is MUCH more difficult than the mythic run. I have played the campaign at least 20 times trying to complete the Master Chief run in every Halo game from Halo 3.
>
> I’m thinking maybe if I post this, the Master Chief run could become a popular alternative to the Mythic run.
>
> I don’t think anyone has ever completed this run in any Halo game. I am very skilled at this game but I have given up on trying to complete it in Halo 4. Maybe Halo 5 will work out for me.
>
> I challenge anyone to complete the Master Chief run. I am confident in my skill that no one will complete it but I would love it if someone did!

Hello there OP good to see that what my clan has been doing for years now is becoming in effect. I have tired to spread the word around in giving this challenge it it really gives you a feeling of. NO i won’t do this or I have to do that.

I have to say LASO is easier. LASO has you thinking more but not to the point where your life is MC’s. So my record of doing is started back in Halo 2. Around 2005 or early 2006.

Than i did Halo CE and 3, skipped wars because the game is just a bum rush simulator if you ask me. Me and my friends did ODST together. We changed it for that one because an ODST relies on his squad not just one singular person. Halo Reach completed it after very stressful skirmishers. Halo 4 in progress. Each Halo i had one problem that still bugs me.

Letting A.I. die to save myself. At times it is very difficult for some reason to let them die, but you know that if you don’t you are put into jeopardy. You can save a few if you are lucky but, if you ask me i seem to of cared far more for the assistance of the A.I. when i first did this. Looking at one as if they were a true person. Feeling sad over the ones that i let die, and that i didn’t have no more than a few seconds to grieve before the battle would start again. We had to keep moving on otherwise more would be like him and possibly me.

Also one thing that i feel you must do is… use MC as iconic as he is. Do sort of what you feel he would do. Reach you had more freedom because Noble 6 was just here to get the job done but at the same time heroing up. JD as well, but tring to use what made the person more iconic.

MC-Power house, prefers automatic human weapons and not leaving people behind. ( but is still a master of every weapon. Chooses the AR over other weapons.

Noble 6-Get rid of the problem so quick that they won’t even know they are dead. ( act fast, and you will be able to get through your foes.)

Thel-Sword, Sword, Sword and never leave men behind.

J.D.-Use cover like never before and watch the sky for grenades.

Well these are my tips to those who wish to try this in ever Halo game besides wars, and Spartan Assault. SA is just because i haven’t played it.

Also a tip for Halo 4 is trick your foes. Every Halo but 4 the A.I. will try to map out what you do before you do it. Halo 4 they just look forward. It is far to easy but shutdown keeps shutting me down. Little to no cover and no places to flank. Sort of a difficulty spike.

One thing that you have to do to make it somewhat fair. Try to forget all the ambushes. Let them slip your mind otherwise it is cheating.

That’s interesting OP, I may give that a try next time I run through my Halo games.

> You know what would be even harder? Playing from Reach to Halo 4 and if you die you have to start all the way back at Reach.
>
> That would suck!

This ^ just blew my mind

I accept this challenge. But first i have to get a new Halo Reach. My campaign doesn’t work all to well. I will start maybe next week to the first day of August. I would start now and do the missions each day they happened to be done. LOL no messing up there, but by reach’s standards i am already behind. So, I will Do this maybe starting at August 1st. Wish me luck and if you die you reset Halo’s!

This should be FUN!

I failed the Halo 3 part. Was doing the warthog run just fine…until a Carrier Form decided to see how far I’d fly if he blew up on the side of my warthog.

> Ever since Halo 3, I have been trying to defeat the campaigns on legendary, from beginning to end, without dying once. […]
>
> I challenge anyone to complete the Master Chief run.

Challenge accepted. Challenge completed..

What you’re talking about is called a full-game single-segment no-deaths run. Which I’ve done for Reach and Cody Miller has done for Halo 2. Cody’s run was featured in the Guinness Book of World Records. No-one has (verifiably) done it for the other games.

You seem to be talking about adding a ‘100%’ or ‘kill-em-all’ modifier to it as well. Which is basically impossible to verify in Halo. Since it’s so hard anyway and interest is low, no-one has bothered to do that. It wouldn’t be much harder (if it all) since you can play more conservatively if you’re going to kill everything. A significant part of the difficulty in a full-game speed run is landing all the tricks and surviving all the skips.

If you wanna do it: go ahead. It’ll take you probably 4 hours a game if you’re doing very well.

> I have played the campaign at least 20 times trying to complete the Master Chief run in every Halo game from Halo 3.

Lol - it takes WAY more than that. I’ve logged playtime in Reach that is equivalent to over 200 playthroughs.

> Haha this is a nice idea, but if I were ever to attempt it I’m sure it’d just be the once. -Yoink!- getting to midnight, crashing your Jet (harrier thing) and having the commitment to start again from dawn :stuck_out_tongue:

Ya know the 2nd smelting room on Pillar of Autumn? Just after where the hunters are? I died there on one attempt. Back to Winter Contingency…

> Especially since there is literally no way to prove that you’ve done this

Untrue. In Reach, Halo 3 and ODST were pretty easy to verify with the linked stats and saved films. With Halo 4 you’d have to live-stream and the stats would help.