Master Chief Red & Blue

Idk about you guys, but seeing this Chief in Red and Blue is something I can really get used to. I always liked the most recent rendition of MC, but seeing him in these colors really made me realize how great of a job 343 did with his armor. I hope they don’t change too much of anything and this is what we look at during multiplayer team modes.

Depends if we play as Spartan IVs in multiplayer or not, and if this is the new default armour for all Spartans or not.

> 2535419441797248;2:
> Depends if we play as Spartan IVs in multiplayer or not, and if this is the new default armour for all Spartans or not.

Oh yh, I forgot the last two games we played as the IVs as default armor. Was hardly memorable, but that should change seeing how the focus is on the MC again. Even in Reach we played as default Noble Six, so hopefully that makes a return. No more putting chief armor in some rank lock or special pack etc

Oh that blue looks so good!

Edit: I’m also jumping into the wagon of having this armour being the default for everyone. I think it’s perfect for it really.

Honestly, I know I’m gonna be disappointed because there is such a slim chance of this happening, but I would really love for this game to be more open world and rpg(ish), like Mass Effect is the way I always describe it to friends. Like you start with your base set of armor, but then throughout the game you get the chance to upgrade, customize, and possibly even change out your armor and equipment. I think it would be amazing personally, it would make the game so much more than just a “go to point A and kill these guys, go to point B and hold it for a little, end mission” sort of linear gameplay we’ve had for the past almost 20 years.

> 2533274837720524;5:
> Honestly, I know I’m gonna be disappointed because there is such a slim chance of this happening, but I would really love for this game to be more open world and rpg(ish), like Mass Effect is the way I always describe it to friends. Like you start with your base set of armor, but then throughout the game you get the chance to upgrade, customize, and possibly even change out your armor and equipment. I think it would be amazing personally, it would make the game so much more than just a “go to point A and kill these guys, go to point B and hold it for a little, end mission” sort of linear gameplay we’ve had for the past almost 20 years.

Ehh Idk about all that, but I think it would just be simpler for 343 to include the option to play as your multiplayer character in Campaign.

I wouldn’t mind some minor changes to the armor (that are discussed in other topics) but it would be definitely an improvement over recent new armor styles. So I would like to see it as a default armor set in multiplayer.

> 2533274821174589;3:
> > 2535419441797248;2:
> > Depends if we play as Spartan IVs in multiplayer or not, and if this is the new default armour for all Spartans or not.
>
> Oh yh, I forgot the last two games we played as the IVs as default armor. Was hardly memorable, but that should change seeing how the focus is on the MC again. Even in Reach we played as default Noble Six, so hopefully that makes a return. No more putting chief armor in some rank lock or special pack etc

SPARTAN IV is not the name of the armor, it’s a name for the generation of SPARTAN project, the armor that SPARTAN IVs wore were gen II armor sets whereas the armor in the picture is a model of gen III.
Meaning that there are different models of armor like Mark, EVA, EOD & so on but they have different variations based on what generation of armors they belong to, generation of SPARTANs has pretty much nothing to do with armor design.

So all SPARTANs could have upgraded to gen III class armor sets but I doubt it with the war & EMP going on and whatnot.

But as for multiplayer I doubt 343i would use old (as in H4/H5g) models in their new game instead of what they have created currently.
Multiplayer doesn’t really need to be some canon setting IMO for it’s just a restrictive reasoning to a mode that should be more about gameplay, competition & interaction with other players.

Yup this looks sick and i agree this should be the default armor.

Pretty sure this is going to be an unlockable. If not the one for getting to SR152 or whatever max is.

If this is the armour that everyone loves, they’re gonna make you work for it.

As in Halo 4 and 5, the fan-made screenshots you’re presenting seem a bit too pastel for my tastes. A bit more intensity like in Halo 3’s Red and Blue team armors would be nice color-wise. Just my personal take. As for the armor overall? I’ve voiced this on other threads, but I would call it awesome, not perfect. I think the bits of the suit we saw last year hinted at a better overall design more directly reminiscent of the original MkVI present in Halo 2 and 3, minus the visual influences of “The Package” and FUD that’ve made their way into it since.

The part about that that’s the biggest shame is that if I’d just seen this and never the 2018 reveal tech demo announcement, I’d be 110% on board with this design. I also think it looks a bit better without the 117 on the chest and with a slightly darker shade of green after having seen a handful of other fan edits.

Can we expect more playable characters in infinite do we think?