Master Chief Propaganda?

The New Mombasa image or the cover of Halo 2 was modified heavily. There were many more Banshees and Phantoms than shown on the original cover. Hunt the Truth is getting more and more interesting… can’t wait for what they show at E3! What are your thoughts on the modded image?

I’m wondering why they edited it so heavily. There are so many details missing on the Halo 2 case. Did they do it to make people think the UNSC were doing better in the war than they actually were?

bump

theories anything?

Pretty interesting. I wonder if 343 edited the pic of the “non edited” version or if that was Bungie’s full image all along.

I would put a theory but I honestly have no ideas. All I can say is that I’m loving Hunt The Truth so far.

They didnt want to show how bad the invasion was. They couldn’t get a better shot in the first place as it’s unlikely chief decided to just pose like a badass for a photo in the middle of a battlefield. They used what they could and modified out what didn’t fit their narrative.

Woah, kind of surprised they would make the art cover of the game a canon piece.

Why was the building with AC cropped out specifically? Is that a know corporation in the Halo universe?

> 2533274866585365;7:
> Why was the building with AC cropped out specifically? Is that a know corporation in the Halo universe?

Probably; ONI was likely just trying to avoid the appearance of plugging a corporation in a piece meant to inspire humanity with the Chief’s act of heroism. It would be a distraction.

I wonder why ONI had Ben change quite alot to that picture, cropping out the Solemn Penance and the dead solider. ONI, you sneaky -Yoinks!-…

Oh wow…that just blew my mind.

Well, it seems like the Master Chief’s Mark VI from Halo 2 is the canon version the model he uses, not the remastering of it or Halo 3’s.
I’m pretty satisfied with that!

Why the picture was edited is pretty obvious… it’s propaganda for UNSC’s war efforts.

Big explosions in the middle of a city? Doesn’t look good.
Overwhelming Covenant forces? Doesn’t look good.
Dead soldier? Looks even worse.
Dirty hero? =dirty war? No one wants to see that.

It really blows my mind that 343i takes such an iconic picture and transforms it that way. And it’s a topic of social and political relevance too.
I love how they incoperate existing characters and themes and add layers to them that just wern’t there initially.

I love that Halo is finally growing up in terms of story telling. Too much of the dark layers and interesting facets have been hidden in the past - the way 343i incoperates the past in the future of the series is fantastic.

> 2533274927111211;11:
> Well, it seems like the Master Chief’s Mark VI from Halo 2 is the canon version the model he uses, not the remastering of it or Halo 3’s.
> I’m pretty satisfied with that!

Halo 3’s is Canon, and the h2A one is literally just higher res, minus color changes. It’s just a better model unlike in ceA where they changed the suits design.

> 2533274894863132;13:
> > 2533274927111211;11:
> > Well, it seems like the Master Chief’s Mark VI from Halo 2 is the canon version the model he uses, not the remastering of it or Halo 3’s.
> > I’m pretty satisfied with that!
>
>
>
> Halo 3’s is Canon, and the h2A one is literally just higher res, minus color changes. It’s just a better model unlike in ceA where they changed the suits design.

Some slight changes here and there, like how the ‘holes’ in the gauntlets were replaced with some weird looking bolts. I would be pretty happy with this if it means the Arbiter seen in Halo 2 classic is the canon look over the remaster, since I don’t like his new look at all…

I believe Halo 3’s model is (canonically) what the prototype armour Team Black used looked like, IIRC.

Halo 2 was propaganda! Bungie fed us LIIIEEESSS! BUNGIE IS ONI.

Why does he say it’s an “infamous picture”? He is used to photo editing for propaganda, it’s his job, this doesn’t make sense.

And you would expect him to be covered of alien blood, instead it’s red as human’s, that’s why they edited it (to answer questions above)

Lol, for a non-setup, real shot of the action in New Mombasa, that shot composition of that picture is incredible.

That marine looks like from Halo Reach.

> 2533274943814993;15:
> Halo 2 was propaganda! Bungie fed us LIIIEEESSS! BUNGIE IS ONI.

Then that means that 343 is Section 3. Bonnie ROss is Halsey. We’re all Master Chief, doing what they say. We’re all being hunted. The conspiracy goes all the way to the TOP.

> 2533275025033012;19:
> > 2533274943814993;15:
> > Halo 2 was propaganda! Bungie fed us LIIIEEESSS! BUNGIE IS ONI.
>
>
> Then that means that 343 is Section 3. Bonnie ROss is Halsey. We’re all Master Chief, doing what they say. We’re all being hunted. The conspiracy goes all the way to the TOP.

Then who’s going to be Locke - the one hunting us? :o