Master Chief No Longer Being The Only Spartan

in campaign.

This was recently confirmed in the Wallmart GameCenter video: Link

What do you guys think of this? I personally HATE this. Master Chief being alone with Cortana for Halo 4-6 would have really made the games better in my opinion. It would give the feel that ‘It’s just you and your trusted friend who is going slowly insane, against an ancient, old, feared threat’ It would have given the games a better plot and setting, and would have improved character developments a lot.

This is just my opinion, what do you guys think?

Well for me, I believe that having more Spartans just seems better overall. It’s been asked by the community many times before too.

Having more Spartans doesn’t mean Master Chief and Cortana won’t get enough screen time/character development. If you look at Halo 2 or Halo 3, the Arbiter was in it for large portions at a time and people still loved the campaign.

Besides, Master Chief has never been much of a talker, in the same Halo 4 video interview that you linked, Frankie mentioned that they want to delve into the characters more not by having Master Chief become a talking machine (which would seem way too out of character), but by having the characters around the Chief react and play out the things that occurred. So having more characters, Spartans even, will be beneficial to the plot.

Lore-wise, it wouldn’t make sense for the Master Chief to remain the sole Spartan forever. The rest of the Spartan IIs, IIIs, and the new IVs have to come into play sometime.

Chief can’t take down an evil threat all by himself.

I think more its great to have multiple spartans in game, without it being a prequel or prelude.

What happens when Cortana goes rampant?

Master Chief was never the LAST Spartan. In the book First Strike MC found Spartans when he went back to Reach. Some of those Spartans survived until the end of the Human-Covenant War. You just never saw them because they were trapped in Onyx.

> Master Chief was never the LAST Spartan. In the book First Strike MC found Spartans when he went back to Reach. Some of those Spartans survived until the end of the Human-Covenant War. You just never saw them because they were trapped in Onyx.

In the Games Campaigns. :stuck_out_tongue:

He can have spartan buddys …

> What happens when Cortana goes rampant?

When AIs go rampant they usually don’t think properly and eventually die. But since Cortana was exposed to the Gravemind and figured out all the stuff about the Halos, we don’t know what’s going to happen to her.

> > What happens when Cortana goes rampant?
>
> When AIs go rampant they usually don’t think properly and eventually die. But since Cortana was exposed to the Gravemind and figured out all the stuff about the Halos, <mark>we don’t know what’s going to happen to her.</mark>

Watches Halo: Legends Origins

Doesn’t look good.

> > Master Chief was never the LAST Spartan. In the book First Strike MC found Spartans when he went back to Reach. Some of those Spartans survived until the end of the Human-Covenant War. You just never saw them because they were trapped in Onyx.
>
> In the Games Campaigns. :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends on what Spartan group you’re talking about. Yes, in Halo 1-3 you never see a Spartan II or III but if you’re talking about Spartan Is you’re wrong because Sgt. Johnson is a Spartan I.

We’ve known since Halo 2 that there were more Spartans alive.

MC will always be the coolest one

I think we can explore John’s character through the other Spartan IVs that he is going to meet. Like Frankie said they see John as hero comeback from the dead and I can’t wait to see how John and Cortana react to that.

Chief has never been the only spartan, hes just been the only spartan in the games story. There are other spartans around doing stuff during the events of halo 1-3 , Master Chief is just the most active.

probably just referring to the spartan 4’s/spartan op’s, i really hope no other spartans are in the campaign.

I don’t really like considering Spartan IVs as Spartans. I mean Spartan IIs and IIIs start training when they’re 6 and Spartan IVs are just a couple of soldiers volunteering.

I’m looking forward to it. I find meeting other Spartans as the Chief more stimulating than the same old scenario of Chief on his own with just Cortana as his ally with a handful of marines.

> I don’t really like considering Spartan IVs as Spartans. I mean Spartan IIs and IIIs start training when they’re 6 and Spartan IVs are just a couple of soldiers volunteering.

yeah its taking the intensity away from the spartans, spartan 4’s just being soldier volunteers removes deepness and the darkness away from what spartans originally were, 6 year old kids breed into fighting machines.

You dont take down a galaxy spanning massive evil by yourself. That’s dumb. I’d rather see the entire galaxy get involved, literally.

If only one guy is involved it really doesn’t make the enemy seem all that bad now does it?

That being said, I do feel the spartan-IVs are indeed diluting the value of the spartan name, however I can forsee scenarios where they’d be pretty damn cool, and even necessary going into the future (we all know how worthless unarmored humans are against the flood…)