Master Chief May Get New Armor...?

What I can gather from the trailer, and has been stated many times before, it seems that the Chief is missing many parts of his armor, and it is in terribly bad shape, (i.e. his cracked visor) so we can infer that by the end of the game, or even in a game after Halo 5, (or whatever it will be called), that he will get a new set of armor.

I would personally love to see the Mark 6 armor design he had from Halo 2 and 3 but just in amazing new HD. I like the new design, but I just can’t shake the fact that it breaks canon, he just didn’t have that armor when he went into the cryo pod.

But that is probably only a dream, so I want to know…What do you think is the future of the Chief’s look?

> What I can gather from the trailer, and has been stated many times before, it seems that the Chief is missing many parts of his armor, and it is in terribly bad shape, (i.e. his cracked visor) so we can infer that by the end of the game, or even in a game after Halo 5, (or whatever it will be called), that he will get a new set of armor.
>
> I would personally love to see the Mark 6 armor design he had from Halo 2 and 3 but just in amazing new HD. I like the new design, <mark>but I just can’t shake the fact that it breaks canon, he just didn’t have that armor when he went into the cryo pod.</mark>
>
> But that is probably only a dream, so I want to know…What do you think is the future of the Chief’s look?

Nanotechnology apparently man, nanotechnology is apparently the reason his armor changed. 343i could’ve told this a bit better, but it is what it is. As for new armor, who knows. He may have a sentimental attachment to his armor now given what Cortana did to it and with Cortana dead and all.

> I like the new design, but I just can’t shake the fact that it breaks canon, he just didn’t have that armor when he went into the cryo pod.

MC’s new dudes have been canonically explained.

> Nanotechnology apparently man, nanotechnology is apparently the reason his armor changed. 343i could’ve told this a bit better, but it is what it is. As for new armor, who knows. He may have a sentimental attachment to his armor now given what Cortana did to it and with Cortana dead and all.

And DC beat me too it…

If 343 is smart, they’ll play on that sentimental attachment and have him reluctant to upgrade when given the option to (some Forerunner equivalent or new MJOLNIR) or sacrificing to keep it or part of it.

[deleted]

> with Cortana dead and all.

I refute this point. Cortana will be back in some form, human or ai, in Halo 5 or after.

> > with Cortana dead and all.
>
> I refute this point. Cortana will be back in some form, human or ai, in Halo 5 or after.

Facts say otherwise.

>
> I refute this point. Cortana will be back in some form, human or ai, in Halo 5 or after.

I would hope so too, and was in denial for some time, however she is proven to be dead.

I hope that MC continue with her actual armor… I don´t wanna be MC with a new armor, 343 don´t know to do beautiful designs.

> I hope that MC continue with her actual armor… I don´t wanna be MC with a new armor, 343 don´t know to do beautiful designs.

Lol you kind of contradicted yourself here. My only complaint about their new design is the Elites, mainly Jul.

Considering 343 took the time to reimagine the real Mk VI design in multiplayer, I wish they had stuck with that suit for Halo 4’s story at least. Spruce its detailing and proportions for the Chief character model and I believe it would’ve worked quite well.

> Considering 343 took the time to reimagine the real Mk VI design in multiplayer, I wish they had stuck with that suit for Halo 4’s story at least. Spruce its detailing and proportions for the Chief character model and I believe it would’ve worked quite well.

They wanted to show off their artwork. He looks far better IMO and to alot of others.

Don’t get me wrong; his new armor is nice. But for the sake of being consistent with the game’s predecessor, give him his original armor instead of using the terribly executed nanobots explanation.

Sure, give him the new armor when he reaches the Infinity and call it GEN2 Heavy or Mk VII. Just don’t do it out of nowhere. I don’t believe he had a BR near his cryo tube either, but an AR. The small details are always nice.

> Don’t get me wrong; his new armor is nice. But for the sake of being consistent with the game’s predecessor, give him his original armor instead of using the terribly executed nanobots explanation.
>
> Sure, <mark>give him the new armor when he reaches the Infinity and call it GEN2 Heavy or Mk VII.</mark> Just don’t do it out of nowhere. <mark>I don’t believe he had a BR near his cryo tube either, but an AR</mark>. The small details are always nice.

True, they could of done that. And yes he did go to sleep in the cyro with an AR next to it as well as woke with one.

> Don’t get me wrong; his new armor is nice. But for the sake of being consistent with the game’s predecessor, give him his original armor instead of using the terribly executed nanobots explanation.
>
> Sure, give him the new armor when he reaches the Infinity and call it GEN2 Heavy or Mk VII. Just don’t do it out of nowhere. I don’t believe he had a BR near his cryo tube either, but an AR. The small details are always nice.

^ This. I have always hated the nanobots theory. I mean seriously, they may as well have said it was due to fairies and pixie dust….Waiting until he got onto the infinity would have been such a better, more solid, and consistent story as opposed to ‘nano-technology’.

> > Don’t get me wrong; his new armor is nice. But for the sake of being consistent with the game’s predecessor, give him his original armor instead of using the terribly executed nanobots explanation.
> >
> > Sure, give him the new armor when he reaches the Infinity and call it GEN2 Heavy or Mk VII. Just don’t do it out of nowhere. I don’t believe he had a BR near his cryo tube either, but an AR. The small details are always nice.
>
> ^ This. I have always hated the nanobots theory. I mean seriously, they may as well have said it was due to fairies and pixie dust….Waiting until he got onto the infinity would have been such a better, more solid, and consistent story as opposed to ‘nano-technology’.

While I agree they could of waited till Infinity, I wouldn’t stoop as low as to compare it to Peter Pan.

It’s pretty safe to say that by the end of halo 5 or during the game, he will eventually be given the final stage of mjoliner armor, mark vii. It’s the only other armor that is left in the mjoliner armor class and is the most powerful for a spartan-2. I like the theory that he won’t let go of his current armor because of cortana, but I feel he will change by the end of the next halo game into mark vii.

>
> I refute this point. <mark>Cortana will be back in some form, human</mark> or ai, in Halo 5 or after.

Can someone please explain to me how she could come in Human form because I’ve not heard a single explanation that’s more than wishful thinking. I’m also one to believe that’s she dead for sure, but the Human form theory always interested me.

> > > with Cortana dead and all.
> >
> > I refute this point. <mark>Cortana will be back in some form, human</mark> or ai, in Halo 5 or after.
>
> Can someone please explain to me how she could come in Human form because I’ve not heard a single explanation that’s more than wishful thinking. I’m also one to believe that’s she dead for sure, but the Human form theory always interested me.

You humans. Always wanting to cheat death in some way.

I think chief will get some upgrade, but the design for his armor may remain mostly unchanged.

> > > > with Cortana dead and all.
> > >
> > > I refute this point. <mark>Cortana will be back in some form, human</mark> or ai, in Halo 5 or after.
> >
> > Can someone please explain to me how she could come in Human form because I’ve not heard a single explanation that’s more than wishful thinking. I’m also one to believe that’s she dead for sure, but the Human form theory always interested me.
>
> You humans. Always wanting to cheat death in some way.
>
>
> <mark>I think chief will get some upgrade, but the design for his armor may remain mostly unchanged</mark>.

exactly :slight_smile:

> What I can gather from the trailer, and has been stated many times before, it seems that the Chief is missing many parts of his armor, and it is in terribly bad shape, (i.e. his cracked visor) so we can infer that by the end of the game, or even in a game after Halo 5, (or whatever it will be called), that he will get a new set of armor.
>
> I would personally love to see the Mark 6 armor design he had from Halo 2 and 3 but just in amazing new HD. I like the new design, <mark>but I just can’t shake the fact that it breaks canon, he just didn’t have that armor when he went into the cryo pod.</mark>
>
> But that is probably only a dream, so I want to know…What do you think is the future of the Chief’s look?

Oh I hate that fact to, same with how The Forward Unto Dawn is a completely different ship.