Master Chief doesn't exactly have to die at the end of the new trilogy...

So, I went to see the new Harry Potter yesterday. I’m not a fan, but my friends wanted me to go…so I went. It was pretty good when I knew what was going on, but what I especially liked was the ending. It skipped ahead 19 years and showed Harry and his friends when they were older and had kids of their own. That got me thinking about Chief. At first, when people made threads about what should happen to Chief at the end of the trilogy, I always thought that he should die. Even still, I don’t see that as a bad idea. However, I think it’d also be nice if he lived and they had a little segment at the end of everything with him finally at peace. They don’t show his face, but he’s in normal clothes. No more war, he can finally live without the tragedies of war. Dying could put him at just as much peace, if not more then staying alive, but I still think it’d be nice.

spoiler alert: You mean you didn’t read the books?? :wink:

Sorry, but I cannot condone allowing the Chief to live at the end of the trilogy. Not unless you clone him. He deserves a death fitting of a Spartan. He has done too much to slowly fade away. Sam, Jorge, William, Kurt… the greats go down fighting and taking down as many as they can on their way.

Heavy is the heart of experience. The Chief should not live remembering others. We should live to remember him.

he should return to his home planet, and maby see his parents if they survived

> he should return to his home planet, and maby see his parents if they survived

His home planet got glassed with almost everybody on it. His parents are most likely dead.

I think the Chief should die at the end. Why? It would give everybody closure and would be much more fitting for him than sitting around doing nothing. Spartans were created to fight wars and almost all of them have died fighting.

An ambiguous ending is best.

Chief survives, it’s a happy ending and simultaneously disappointing.
Chief dies, it’s a sad ending and also disappointing.
Chief’s fate unknown, legend is preserved and discussion never ceases.

But I do agree that he should participate in an epic battle before the conclusion to Halo.

> An ambiguous ending is best.
>
> Chief survives, it’s a happy ending and simultaneously disappointing.
> Chief dies, it’s a sad ending and also disappointing.
> Chief’s fate unknown, legend is preserved and discussion never ceases.
>
> But I do agree that he should participate in an epic battle before the conclusion to Halo.

:slight_smile:

John becomes part of the Domain?

> > he should return to his home planet, and maby see his parents if they survived
>
> His home planet got glassed with almost everybody on it. His parents are most likely dead.
>
> I think the Chief should die at the end. Why? It would give everybody closure and would be much more fitting for him than sitting around doing nothing. Spartans were created to fight wars and almost all of them have died fighting.

even so he could return to his glassed home, and his parents might have survived by very slim chance, i mean come on the majority of the civilians in new alexandria got out allive. im sure some people had to escape from other worlds

I’m tired of main characters I like dying. I don’t want MC to go, but as a user said above, I wouldn’t mind an ambiguous ending at all, either.

MC should only die if it’s a death deserving of him.

I have mixed feeling on whether the Chief should die. If he does I hope its not a lame death. But Im leaning towards seeing chief live and bring peace to the halo universe.

> I have mixed feeling on whether the Chief should die. If he does I hope its not a lame death. But Im leaning towards seeing chief live and bring peace to the halo universe.

Which will then go the way of Castlevania and continuously choosing new guys to be the protagonist.

double post

> > I have mixed feeling on whether the Chief should die. If he does I hope its not a lame death. But Im leaning towards seeing chief live and bring peace to the halo universe.
>
> Which will then go the way of Castlevania and continuously choosing new guys to be the protagonist.

I dont know wether that would be good or not. But chief should stay the face of halo.

> spoiler alert: You mean you didn’t read the books?? :wink:

Uh, yes, I’ve read the books. It doesn’t have anything to do with Chief’s death…

@Madcat…Yes, definitely a deserving death unlike Johnson. I mean c’mon! It’s Sergeant Major Avery Johnson and he dies from a laser beam to the head by 343 Guilty Spark?! That was so lame. Johnson shouldn’t died honorably on the battlefield not by some dumb AI, imo.

I honestly felt he was going to die at the end of H3. And after finishing the campaign and seeing him not return to Earth, was content with that ending. Then the post credits cinematic played, and i was… well i dunno how i felt, but it didn’t feel all that right. Still i had pictured him floating around in space to slowly die. Then H4 was announced. Again, didn’t feel right.

He should already be dead, i mean really. Unless this next trilogy blows my mind as far as story is concerned, i may lose interest in this universe i so vastly enjoy currently, and have enjoyed since 2001.

I liked an earlier idea that his fate is unknown. It would make him all the more legendary, because “Spartans don’t die, they’re just missing in action”.

NOOOOOOO screw harry pot head this is halo chiefs too bad -Yoink- to die dont kill the chief.

Have his mind meld with a Forerunner and let him go off with the other Forerunners. They’re still around.

I dont want the Chief to die at the end. I would like to see him in a few future trilogies, either as a Main Character or Side Character. When you have a character as Badass as the Chief, there really is no death fitting for them.

You cant take him out with an explosion because he has survived too many already.
Gunfire wont work because hes too experienced.
Spaced is too weak
Outrun wont work as he has luck on his side, and has taken down millions of Covenant who have charged at him.

Nothing is really a fitting death for him. Keep him alive as a side character, It makes the fans happy because their character is still alive, and it makes Microsoft Happy because they can use him again in books, and games. Not to mention that Fanfiction writers can still use him if he is alive