Master Chief...Cortana...

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Something occurred to me today whist driving…it was the midst of a late afternoon rain shower, there was fog rolling in…a classic dreary ride home. Get to the point right?

The Master Chief, has always had a run of luck, even from a child. He was able to rise to the top of many games he played with other kids, some even bigger than he was. During his career, he faced many obstacles…Spartan induction, Col. Akerson, loss of team-mates, the Covenant, The Flood…a truly impressive medal chest to say the least.
Cortana, flashed cloned from the mind of the most progressive and intelligent ONI scientist has to offer. Dr. Halsey. Little needs to be mentioned about her career, other than, both, the Dr. and Cortana…have had just about the same amount of luck as John.
Now, we’re getting started…The Diadact. A cunning and exacting military leader. Little is truly known about him, other than he was an imposing force to reckoned with…
The Librarian, we know little of her as well…save for the fact, that she was the most intelligent and respected Lifeworker, the top of her guild.

Now, the tie in…John and the Diadact share some very interesting…coincidental similarities. The “original” Didact was entombed in a Cryptum soon after the first firing of Halo…John was entombed in cryo-sleep after the presumed destruction of Installation 00…both were expert tacticians in military practice, both shared an uncanny affinity for luck and both were “grounded or centered” by a companion, be it, The Librarian or Cortana.
Similarly, The Librarian and Cortana/Dr. Halsey, were unquestionably experts in their respective fields, both had always had a way to preserve memories and experiences, both were able to manipulate technology in a way that best suited their needs.

Here’s the kicker…at the end of Requiem, 343GS/cloned 343 stated, I know where she is and I will find her…making reference to The Librarian…Cortana/Halsey and all through the main story, made reference to John about his decision to fire the Halo array…a “Geas” of the Diadact…

Could it be, that after everything, Cortana/Halsey/The Librarian and John/Diadact are infact, directly related to the hand of the Librarians’ work and her insight as to the events of the future after the events of the first Firing?

Please discuss.

Won’t deny that somewhere down the line of human history John and Halsey’s ancestors may have had some tampering. Also, it’s not 343 Guilty Spark in any way shape or form, just a nit pick.

You thought of this while you where driving that sounds safe.
Yes, I always felt that the four are connected.

Thank you for bring some thought full circle, and informing me sir.

There are some very strong parallels between the pairs. I definitely wouldn’t find it surprising if there was a large Forerunner connection.

> MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
>
> Something occurred to me today whist driving…it was the midst of a late afternoon rain shower, there was fog rolling in…a classic dreary ride home. Get to the point right?
>
> The Master Chief, has always had a run of luck, even from a child. He was able to rise to the top of many games he played with other kids, some even bigger than he was. During his career, he faced many obstacles…Spartan induction, Col. Akerson, loss of team-mates, the Covenant, The Flood…a truly impressive medal chest to say the least.
> Cortana, flashed cloned from the mind of the most progressive and intelligent ONI scientist has to offer. Dr. Halsey. Little needs to be mentioned about her career, other than, both, the Dr. and Cortana…have had just about the same amount of luck as John.
> Now, we’re getting started…The Diadact. A cunning and exacting military leader. Little is truly known about him, other than he was an imposing force to reckoned with…
> The Librarian, we know little of her as well…save for the fact, that she was the most intelligent and respected Lifeworker, the top of her guild.
>
> Now, the tie in…John and the Diadact share some very interesting…coincidental similarities. The “original” Didact was entombed in a Cryptum soon after the first firing of Halo…John was entombed in cryo-sleep after the presumed destruction of Installation 00…both were expert tacticians in military practice, both shared an uncanny affinity for luck and both were “grounded or centered” by a companion, be it, The Librarian or Cortana.
> Similarly, The Librarian and Cortana/Dr. Halsey, were unquestionably experts in their respective fields, both had always had a way to preserve memories and experiences, both were able to manipulate technology in a way that best suited their needs.
>
> Here’s the kicker…at the end of Requiem, 343GS/cloned 343 stated, I know where she is and I will find her…making reference to The Librarian…Cortana/Halsey and all through the main story, made reference to John about his decision to fire the Halo array…a “Geas” of the Diadact…
>
> Could it be, that after everything, Cortana/Halsey/The Librarian and John/Diadact are infact, directly related to the hand of the Librarians’ work and her insight as to the events of the future after the events of the first Firing?
>
> Please discuss.

It would be hilarious if Halsey and Master Chief’s families were distantly related somehow XD

I think it’s radical. But I’m not going to dismiss it. I’m pretty sure Bear said that MC isn’t lucky “just because”. And that he was going to explain it in the Forerunner Trilogy.

Bra…GS343 /Chakas and GS are one in the same…they were soon cloned after the the Halo/Mendicant uprising. Later on GS, cloned himself to stay rampancy.

Slayer: yes, it was safe. No not really…but yes it was. When it cones to Halo…anytime is safe. Remember…Believe.

> I think it’s radical. But I’m not going to dismiss it. I’m pretty sure Bear said that MC isn’t lucky “just because”. And that he was going to explain it in the Forerunner Trilogy.

Tso…your response is more than acurate. It is in fact more than true…my personal belief is…that John and Diadact are one in the same, as in planned according to The Great Lifeworkers’ work. As for Hasley, she may be a direct desendent of Her, that allowed John to re-assume his/their…task. Being that, John stepped into the role of the Promethian.

Edit…sorry…Tao, damn touch screen!

> Thank you for bring some thought full circle, and informing me sir.

Indeed…good sir. This seris, Halo, is full of conjecture and re-routing. The full end may never be known…but, at the very least…we have a hero…to…admire.

You know, i thought EXACTLY the same thing. we must be laid out by the Librarian too! Just kidding, but seriously, I thought that too. Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> Won’t deny that somewhere down the line of human history John and Halsey’s ancestors may have had some tampering. Also, it’s not 343 Guilty Spark in any way shape or form, just a nit pick.

SHUT THE -Yoink- UP!

This one thread is so complex. That, and a few other topics like this are mind blowing. haha

> You know, i thought EXACTLY the same thing. we must be laid out by the Librarian too! Just kidding, but seriously, I thought that too. Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

The real interesting thing about it is that, how certain events play out and force the response of the action prior to the event taking place…ie: recognition of John as Forerunner and his ability to use Forerunner tech with no prior knowledge.

All humans have that some more than others, mostly spartans.

> Bra…GS343 /Chakas and GS are one in the same…

Not really. I could liken it to Halsey and Cortana…however that doesn’t make them the same person. Even a cloned person wouldn’t really be the same as the person they were cloned from. Genetically they would be, but that doesn’t include personality, body type, metal functionality, etc.

Point is, 343 Guilty Spark and the other Monitors could be built from Chakas, but that doesn’t mean Chakas is them too. Kinda like how Boba Fett isn’t really Jango Fett.

> they were soon cloned after the the Halo/Mendicant uprising.

Source.

> Later on GS, cloned himself to stay rampancy.

Source.

> > Bra…GS343 /Chakas and GS are one in the same…
>
> Not really. I could liken it to Halsey and Cortana…however that doesn’t make them the same person. Even a cloned person wouldn’t really be the same as the person they were cloned from. Genetically they would be, but that doesn’t include personality, body type, metal functionality, etc.
>
> Point is, 343 Guilty Spark and the other Monitors could be built from Chakas, but that doesn’t mean Chakas is them too. Kinda like how Boba Fett isn’t really Jango Fett.
>
>
>
> > they were soon cloned after the the Halo/Mendicant uprising.
>
> Source.
>
>
>
> > Later on GS, cloned himself to stay rampancy.
>
> Source.

Cobra, fair enough…i get your direction, however, in Requium, its lster eluded that 343 did clone himself, call it good/bad split good(Chakas) is one now looking for librarian while bad is proper 343(main os for monitor).

That’s a pretty interesting idea. It’s kind of likely that John has some sort of Geas, considering the fact that whenever he operated any sort of Forerunner technology in the books, he got an odd feeling of familiarity. Whether it’s a strong influence or not is the real question, though.

I’m not sure if it was intentional, though the Librarian’s prediction and planning skills were uncanny, over the course of 100,000 years, there’s no telling who’s going to be born when, and what’s going to be going on at that point in time. Unless they have some sort of device that allows them to see the future (which hasn’t been mentioned), then I’m going to have to say that this one is out of the Librarian’s plan. It could have been watered down through the generations, certain people could have accidentally been implanted with a geas by coming too close to one of her devices, etc. Or, she could be alive and well still and is still influencing humanity’s actions.

I guess it’s a bit early to flesh out the specifics of it all, but I wouldn’t be surprised if John at least had something influencing him.

> Cobra, fair enough…i get your direction, however, <mark>in Requium, its lster eluded that 343 did clone himself, call it good/bad split good(Chakas) is one now looking for librarian while bad is proper 343(main os for monitor).</mark>

Where is your source for that information?