Master Chief Collection Compensation FAQ

Hi folks!

As per 5/30/2015, the compensation offered by 343 for the Master Chief Collection is now available. I have updated this FAQ with the latest details on what is available, who is eligible and how to get it. Most of this has been detailed in this recently updated FAQ, but I thought I would outline the details of it as quite a few people seems to be confused about the specifics. Hopefully this will help clear some things up for everyone. I do recommend reading that FAQ before proceeding to read through this one.

What compensation is being offered?

• In-Game Nameplates and Avatars - 1 month free Xbox Live - Halo 3:ODST Campaign (Firefight not included) - Remnant - Halo 2 Anniversary map remastered by Certain Affinity, the team that remastered the other 6 H2A mapsWho is eligible for this compensation?

• Everyone has access to Remant, no matter when they started playing MCC. It is available in rotation like the other H2A maps - For the other items, you have to have played the Master Chief Collection while connected to xbox live at least once between launch (11th November 2014) and 19th December 2014. As far as I know, this could be campaign, forge, multiplayer, or whatever. If you weren’t connected to xbox live, It’s very likely that you are not eligible as there would be no guarantees of tracking this on your accountI bought MCC before December 19th but didn’t play it until after, am I eligible?

• You will not be eligible I am afraid. As per FAQ, you need to have actually played the game before the cut-off point. Submitting physical evidence of purchase would be a very lengthy process, with no easy way of determining 100% validity. Having the game tracked on your account is the most solid proof you can really haveWhen will we receive our compensation?

• The in-game name plates and avatars should already have been released to everyone. If you find you still do not have them, you can contact B is for Bravo and he will check with the team for you. If you have twitter, you can also send a message to @Brav. Alternatively you could try hard resetting your Xbox or possibly re-installing the game (I add this in lightly and only because I have read reports on the forums of players finding their missing content after a reinstall). - The free month of Xbox live began its roll out somewhere around the 12th of 13th of January 2015 and should have reached everyone. Keep reading if you still haven’t received yours for any reason - ODST and Remnant were made available as of the **5/30/2015 content update**I haven’t received my free month of Xbox Live yet, what do I do?

• If you still haven’t received your free month, you should contact 343i / Xbox Live Support. As above, I recommend contacting B is for Bravo [Community Manager] in the first instance or one of the community co-ordinators / producers - TashiGaf or Unyshek****How will I know when I have the free month of Xbox Live?

• If you have a Xbox Live Gold subscription you can visit http://commerce.microsoft.com and check your renewal dates. You will want to go to the XBL Gold Subscriptions page and then click the ‘view history’ link. It should show you something like this where it details out your current subscription - when it began and when it ends. That is my account and you can see the one month has already extended my 13 month subscription to July 2015. - If you don’t have a Gold subscription, you should get a message via Xbox Live (see FAQ) - Some users have received their free month in the form of a redeemable Xbox Live Code. You may need to refer to the section further down on expired messages for help if your message expiredI am eligible to get ODST, but I downloaded the update and it wasn’t there. Where is it?

• The content update that was released was only for bug fixes and UI changes to support ODST. The game itself requires a Xbox Live Code that would have been sent to your account. You can check your messages on Xbox One or on Xbox.com to see if it is there or if you have another account, you can check there tooI redeemed my ODST code and it says it’s installed, but I can’t find it anywhere?

• As per the FAQ, you can find ODST sitting under the Halo 3 campaign missionsI received my code for ODST / free month of XBL, but I accidentally deleted the message / the message expired, what can I do?

• If you make a post over in this Xbox Support forum, someone there will be able to help you out - For information: Xbox Live messages auto expire after 30 days. If you ever receive a code via one of these messages, make sure to either write it down or store it somewhere like a SMS message or a secure pastebin.I am not eligible for the compensation / bought MCC after December 19th, can I still get ODST?

• As stated in the updated FAQ, you can pick up ODST from the Xbox Store for the extremely small price of $5. Personally, I have to say this is a steal. ODST is a great campaign and to get it 60fps / 1080p for $5 is pretty awesomeI read that I only have until June 30th to redeem my code, is that correct?

• No, no one’s code expires on the June 30th, but the Xbox Live Message that is in your inbox will expire. All XBL messages have a standard expirey time of 30 days from when they are received. After 30th of June, if for any reason you haven’t redeemed the code yet or your message got deleted somehow, you can contact Xbox Support in this Xbox Support forum. The support guys over there can help you get a new code as long as your account is marked as being eligibleIs Firefight be included with ODST?

• No, Firefight is not included with ODSTIf you have any questions please feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer, do try and keep this topic clear though. It’s primarily to help people, if you have issues with how the compensation is being handled, you don’t like it, your game isn’t working, etc, I would appreciate if you made those posts/topics in the correct / respective forum. Thanks :slight_smile:

For those curious which Avatars/Nameplates are offered as compensation:

Avatars (Gold Spartan and beyond)
Nameplates (Starting with Gold Helmet and below)

I made one of these a while ago, actually. Not many read it, but I’m glad to see that something similar was stickied. :slight_smile:

Why would I even believe that ODST will work?

> 2635141924837371;4:
> Why would I even believe that ODST will work?

The ODST campaign will work just fine until the next MP update resets your progress.

This is a great post/thread but it is seriously annoying that the person (stckrboy) posting it does not work for 343. I mean it is great that he spends the time answering others but where the H343 are the 343 people in answering any questions? Such as the million: “where is my month of gold” in the forums?

Seriously, why are 343 and MS so silent?

why no ODST firefight?? :frowning:

> 2533274888136829;6:
> This is a great post/thread but it is seriously annoying that the person (stckrboy) posting it does not work for 343. I mean it is great that he spends the time answering others but where the H343 are the 343 people in answering any questions? Such as the million: “where is my month of gold” in the forums?
>
> Seriously, why are 343 and MS so silent?

Thanks. I do this because I enjoy helping out :slight_smile: Would be nice to see a bit more 343 presence on the forums ( from anyone really, though I know one employee has been working really hard supporting the halo channel). Hopefully after things settle with MCC, we can see a presence returning :slight_smile:

> 2659268351402518;7:
> why no ODST firefight?? :frowning:

Good chance that it’s to keep the development time low. Dropping another matchmaking experience into the mix at this point probably isn’t the best idea, as nice as that night be. Same reason that Spartan ops doesn’t have match making I guess

I guess for 3fail3, 1 month of free xbox live = almost 3 months worth of frustrations from trying to play their broken game. Yay.

> 2533274881563422;9:
> I guess for 3fail3, 1 month of free xbox live = almost 3 months worth of frustrations from trying to play their broken game. Yay.

But ODST is a pretty big bonus. (Still want Reach…)

At first I thought “what kind of halo is this?!?” but by about 1/3 of the way through it grew on me. I never replayed it due to lack of time so I am looking forward to it again.

Seems I can’t immediately edit the OP (I’ll see about that later), but I did finally get my message from Xbox Live this morning. My account subscription was updated some time last week.

I’m wondering, how have you all been recieving your free month? More interested to hear from those who are not Gold subscribers or didn’t have an active subscription. Did you recieve a code a in your message?

ODST without firefight?

. . .

. . . I mean, are they joking?

It’s kind of awesome that it was an automatic addition to my LIVE instead of them sending me a code in my inbox. I absolutely cannot wait until ODST comes out. Really looking forward to playing that again!

> 2533274813317074;11:
> Seems I can’t immediately edit the OP (I’ll see about that later), but I did finally get my message from Xbox Live this morning. My account subscription was updated some time last week.
>
> I’m wondering, how have you all been recieving your free month? More interested to hear from those who are not Gold subscribers or didn’t have an active subscription. Did you recieve a code a in your message?

Well I had just bought a 2nd 360 so I was using the 30 day live card that came with that console. (Even though I had a 12 month paid card, not yet opened, that was bundled with my Xbox One. The 12 month card was not opened because I was spending most of my time on The Last of Us (remastered) and TR:DE)

So to answer your question I got a code in a message. That might have been because of the trial 30 day card (starting when my MCC pre-order arrived) or because at this point that expired (before the MP really started to work).

I still will not use the new 12 month card until it is really fixed or I run out of unused 2 day codes (from Reach, COD AW, etc) which is actually pretty soon…

im i supose to cry 4 FAQ s?

I have not gotten anything yet and was never able play online even though I purchased day 1 like most!! When I first started the game it crashed and exited before the menu screen and then 3 times after that (days apart) it would just take me back to the title screen when I selected Match Making… I was finally able to at least play on December 20 match making didn’t even work good.

Would like to say on behalf of all the people that purchased halo mcc on xmas day that I am massively disappointed! My daughter and I chose xbox over ps4 because of the halo franchise. So you can only imagine how upset she was xmas day when the game she had been waiting weeks to play didn’t work and only really started working to a playable standard a couple of days ago! Not a finished standard either, just barley playable! Not good enough! So for my £45(!) I have had to wait a month to recieve an unfinished game? Now to add insult to injury I find out that I don’t qualify for the compensation because I purchased the game a few days after the qualification date! I have been ripped off, simple as that and the fact that I and thousands of people like me get nothing for this massive inconvenience is disgusting.

Hahaha, ODST doesn’t include Firefight?
“Yeah guys, I know your mad and all, but we’ve got free ODST for you! What’s that? No, that’s right, the game mode with the most replay value and the incredible cool feature of medals in co-op multiplayer will not be included.”

My god :v

I think right now, getting the campaign of ODST ported is what will take the least amount of time to get out to everyone. Posted this further up:

> Good chance that it’s to keep the development time low. Dropping another matchmaking experience into the mix at this point probably isn’t the best idea, as nice as that night be. Same reason that Spartan ops doesn’t have match making I guess

I’m hopeful that we might see Firefight drop by the end of the year

No one wants ODST! A better compensation would be to remaster more than one map. I literally could think of a hundred better things to compensate the community. As a long time gamer and fan of the Halo series for a decade I am apauled by this. To be honest the only reason I bought ODST was for the Recon armor and the Mythic disc. Im not saying its a bad game its just not what the community deserves as compensation.