Master Chief and Water

Alright, so we have massive portions of this Halo ring that we get to explore. Parts of this ring has water on it, some shallow, some deep. I’m curious as to how 343 is going to use bodies of water in their missions. Will Master Chief finally be able to go into deeper water without instantly dying, or are we forever stuck with the horrors of H2O?

I always had fun trying to find my way through the water on Halo 3’s Sierra 117. Vision just obscured and what not. You could traverse water forever on Attack on the Control Room as well. Chief didn’t drown in Covenant Corvette coolant pools either.

Cut content from past Halo’s showed developer interest in adding boats; infinite’s game engine trailer showed something moving throughout the water too.

Basically I, like you, also feel it is time we could maneuver ourselves through water for some sort of tactical advantage. Forging swamplands and rivers ingame that don’t instant kill you if it’s too deep would be so wonderful. It would contribute heavily to the open world sandbox.

I do hope we have a some sort of underwater section in the Campaign. Like being in those underwater elevators in Halo 2.

> 2533275013832713;2:
> Basically I, like you, also feel it is time we could maneuver ourselves through water for some sort of tactical advantage. Forging swamplands and rivers ingame that don’t instant kill you if it’s too deep would be so wonderful. It would contribute heavily to the open world sandbox.

I can already imagine it. The Chief sits underwater in a swamp while some marines hide in cover as a brute squadron passes by. The Chief jumps up from the swampwater and starts unleashing hell on the brutes while the marines get the flank on them, causing a decisive victory in battle. Oh, that would be sick.

I think there will be some underwater sections, how in detail will it be, I don’t know. BUT, if I had to take a guess, they will show campaign gameplay with underwater atmosphere at E3 - well at least I think they are NOT going to show the same ring atmosphere as we have been seeing.

We shall see soon!

> 2533274937939153;1:
> Alright, so we have massive portions of this Halo ring that we get to explore. Parts of this ring has water on it, some shallow, some deep. I’m curious as to how 343 is going to use bodies of water in their missions. Will Master Chief finally be able to go into deeper water without instantly dying, or are we forever stuck with the horrors of H2O?

In Combar Evolved you could go wayyyy deep in the water and hang out there, level 4 for sure, good times.

I’ve always wanted a Halo game to explore “maritime”/underwater gameplay. If this gets implemented into Infinite it’ll completely add a whole new aspect to it’s gameplay. I’ve always wanted this to be a thing.

> 2533274937939153;4:
> > 2533275013832713;2:
> > Basically I, like you, also feel it is time we could maneuver ourselves through water for some sort of tactical advantage. Forging swamplands and rivers ingame that don’t instant kill you if it’s too deep would be so wonderful. It would contribute heavily to the open world sandbox.
>
> I can already imagine it. The Chief sits underwater in a swamp while some marines hide in cover as a brute squadron passes by. The Chief jumps up from the swampwater and starts unleashing hell on the brutes while the marines get the flank on them, causing a decisive victory in battle. Oh, that would be sick.

Didn’t Spartan Thorne do this to Jackals in Halo: Escalations. Always thought that was cool.

Outskirts Halo 2 you could also go deep in the water at the beach, I forget if it was only in a vehicle (Warthog/Ghost) though

End the game in a boat run like the warthog run

I’d be ecstatic to see water combat if it were to make an appearance in a future campaign. I usually hate water levels but with Halo’s vehicles and super-soldiers, I feel like there could be a really cool and unique approach to it, especially since the ocean forces a giant open combat area.