Master chief and the cryo sleep

what was master chief dreaming about when sleeping for 4 years in the cryo sleep?

I actually wonder this myself, we still don’t know Humanities (halo-universe wise) most miraculous capabilities are.

For all we know, nothing in Halo 4 even happened and Cortanas rampancy was a catalyst for a dream.

> I actually wonder this myself, we still don’t know Humanities (halo-universe wise) most miraculous capabilities are.
>
> For all we know, nothing in Halo 4 even happened and Cortanas rampancy was a catalyst for a dream.

Was it all a dream?

I wanna know why he wasn’t naked. Then again, they ignored that little fact in Halo Wars and even Halo: CE.

Knowing the Domain, or actually how much we DON’T know of it, he could have tapped into Absolute Record and written these events off because Cortana had been his psychological pillar for over… How many years? Even before he was put on a campaign to protect her.

This is all raw speculation, but it would not be far fetched if a cryosleep had complex cerebral effects.

my only guess is this.

correct me if i am wrong, but the concept of cryogenics is essentially to flash freeze a living thing, slowing the bodily functions to a barely notable, yet still functional state. if that were the case, i don’t think you would be asleep; the term “sleep” is used as a reference to the notable lack of activity, but you do not actually enter a state of sleep. since the mind discards memories during sleep (those memories randomly mingle or collide during the discarding process, causing us to view dreams so easily forgotten, often times), and cryo does not really equate to sleep, logic would state that you do not dream in cryo.

just my take.

> Knowing the Domain, or actually how much we DON’T know of it, he could have tapped into Absolute Record and written these events off because Cortana had been his psychological pillar for over… How many years? Even before he was put on a campaign to protect her.
>
> This is all raw speculation, but it would not be far fetched if a cryosleep had complex cerebral effects.

The Domain was destroyed when the Halos fired because it was a Precursor invention.

Cryo-sleep in the Halo universe is quite similair to any other Sci-Fi universe.

The description is quite interesting and in forward unto dawn they explain some details about it.

First you get injected with a substance, which stops the flash freeze process from destroying your cells.

The flash freeze process itself is quite interesting: The sudden flash freeze stops every process in your body, including aging, the only thing going on is your brain.

John-117 is in earth years around 48 years old, but in physical age he is more like 30.
Sergeant Johnson was 80 years old.

It’s similair to sleeping.

Since a cryo sleep can last for 4 years, it can give some problems, think of lack of situational awareness, dizzyness and even nausea.

I do not think that Halo 4 was all a dream, because the events in spartan ops would not have happened.

Frozen Sheep