Master Chief and Halo 4 VS. COD Franchise

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why master chief is awesome and COD is weird.

Master Chief - awesome soldier of fortune, independent, individual, “do what he wants” (and still save earth) kick a22 rebel bad a22.

• Fights aliens in space with cool weapons, armor, jet packs, and tech in the future.

COD - follow orders to reenact a war that is actually happening fighting a people that actually exist. Weird. uh yes.

We have very little to discuss if anything at all.

Let the Flame war begin.

CoD has nothing to do with Halo 4’s epicness.

>

That is not how I would describe chief.

I forsee a block in this posts future.

> I forsee a block in this posts future.

I welcome it!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

Maybe it will get blocked, but I wanted to see what people thought of master chief.

Pope said to my description - “That is not how I would describe chief.”

Which is interesting to me because I thought that everyone felt the same about him.

Pope, how would you describe him? Or, how would everyone else describe him.

>

Soldier of fortune implies mercenary. Maybe it’s a connotation, but it’s still an implication imo. He may “do what he wants” but his mission always comes first so it’s not about what he wants, it’s about what’s best for the mission. And rebel? I don’t recall him rebelling against anything ever. The Spartan II’s initial purpose was to put down rebels. Chief follows orders.

>

wait, so the year is about 2014 and we’re currently fighting world war 3 all because of 1 russian terrorist. wow i need to get out more…

there is no point to this thread…

What is the point of this thread? LOL

I for one enjoy both franchises and don’t understand the need to constantly bash one or the other.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

Eh… Ok, well, I just imagined him as an army of one, more of the individualistic spirit, but I totally get your point.

> wait, so the year is about 2014 and we’re currently fighting world war 3 all because of 1 russian terrorist. wow i need to get out more…

Red dawn, anyone?

> > wait, so the year is about 2014 and we’re currently fighting world war 3 all because of 1 russian terrorist. wow i need to get out more…
>
> Red dawn, anyone?

That’s actually pretty funny.

reported for spam.

There’s enough ‘Halo vs cod’ threads as it is…

Thank you for this very informative and useful discussion. And how is your description on MC anything like how he actually is? “Does what he wants while still saving Earth” Yea Master Chief would die before failing any mission including bringing Captain Keyes covenant popcorn.

Master Chief is in actual fact Mr Reece from Person of Interest :o