Master Chief and Cortana In Love ?

Do you think Cortana Loves Master chief. I know that shes an AI but they do have feelings and the things she says the master chief makes me think that even more. Have you ever seen the scene on Halo:Legends when cortana turns into full size ?

If you read the story of Cortana’s and The Gravemind’s in Halo: Evolutions then you will know that there perhaps could be some sort of signs of companionship. I would not say love at this moment but I think Cortana cares about John as a sort of family figure of sorts.

Possibly, They can read eachother’s minds, so any thoughtful conversations between them we wouldn’t know about. Its shown that John really, really cares, and trusts for Cortana. Shown in Halo 2 when he doesn’t want to leave her behind, and in Halo 3 when he goes to Save her.

If anything, I would call it the beginning steps of a relationship, especially since its only John and Cortana now… Would be instersting to see how Cortana would react if Kelly was brought into the picture again

Cortana? Naah… Kelly? Maybe…

If that’s true,then Master Chief needs a life,and a weapon.

Finally! I’m not the only one who thinks this. XD

Well, not really, I think they’re just good friends, but really, they act like lovers throughout the series that sometimes my friends and I can’t help but make fun of their relationship.

I think its probably John and Linda

I think there can be no doubt she has come to care for him, and likewise for John, he cares about her, she picked him as she saw him become the the soldier that was needed, or something like that, she also thinks he’s lucky,

But love ? Who Knows ? Possibly.

More we need to consider,

Cortana is cloned from Dr Halseys mind, remember that Dr Halsey picked John as a child for the Spartan programme, so there could well be love in some from,

I imagine it’s probably more of a mothers or sisters love though, rather than being in love with him, or him with her.

if they are than master chief is gonna be a -Yoink!- for a pretty long time

> if they are than master chief is gonna be a -Yoink!- for a pretty long time

Yeah but does it matter, she’s plugged into his nervous system, she could probably create pleasures you couldn’t even imagine.

Having an AI in your head would probably be very helpful for a soldier, I would imagine pain control would be another benefit.

Love between them is possible.

> > if they are than master chief is gonna be a -Yoink!- for a pretty long time
>
> Yeah but does it matter, she’s plugged into his nervous system, she could probably create pleasures you couldn’t even imagine.
>
>
>
> Having an AI in your head would probably be very helpful for a soldier, I would imagine pain control would be another benefit.

I dont know weather to be impressed you figured it out, or slightly disturbed at the thought of MC and cortana doing that

Technology solves alot of problems, even scratching that itch. Moral of your troops in a battlefield is probably the most important element in war except for technology.

Depends, Artificial Intelligence is created and programmed to learn, In the story anyways it’s amazing Cortana is alive, in the Halo Universe, Artificial Intelligence only last for up to 3 to 5 years and then they wither away, Cortana was the child persay of three AI’s making her a super Hybrid.

I know thats probably not entirely canon, my memory is not well as I am almost hitting 4…

This is kinda creepy…

Cortana has shown traits unlike other AIs, she also has forerunner in her and dr.halsey. Forunner ancilla seem to have alot longer life than the standard human ai.

At the point of John’s physical death cortana might be able to save him or atleast merge him with hers. This type of soul saving was done throughout the forerunner race with their armor and devices.

I’m convinced that Cortana and Master Chief are in love with each other, but it’s not romantic love we’re talking about here.

I think “love” is too concrete of a word to relate their relationship to at this point. There is some sort of affection there, clearly.

I mean in Halo 3, when John was entering cryo, Cortana said really softly, “I’ll miss you.” Thats deep

Seems like it but I don’t really know.