mass quit in competitive multiplayer

Can someone briefly explain in halo 5 rank competitive play exactly how many quitters are you getting out of 10 games. I’m getting on average at least 5 making my games almost auto wins. I’m simply wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

I would say out of every 10 games I play at least 4 or 5 of them will have a quitter on 1 team. Sometimes I don’t think it is quitters though. I got lagged out twice yesterday myself while doing well. On the other hand I had 3 out of 4 on my team quit in a game last week and leave me to get slaughtered until time ran out.

Quitting (and possibly lag outs) is out of control in Halo.

def. a strong 40%+ on the average

100% quitting for the other team at the start of the game when they see my gamer tag

i agree I’m in silver/gold and I’m getting probably 4-5/10 games someone quits or lags out. Im sorry in advance/hindsight for those that are lag outs, but i report most of them. drives me nuts because never seems like its on the other team.

I’m at about 4-5 games there are quitters on. Yesterday was the lost painful one, Team Arena Slayer had two drop out at the very beginning. I was sure that my only team mate would go to but he stayed and suffered with me till the end.

Some maps, you can bet money one or more people will quit. Overgrowth was the worst for this a while back. Overgrowth and Plaza still get lots of quits. Tryant gets lots of quits. There is another too that gets lots of quits.

Really none.

I find about 1 quite right every 12-15 games. Both bad if you ask me. I seem to be lucky

Seems more prominent in slayer gametypes from my experience. People seem to stick it out in objectives for a chance at a comeback.

I see a quitter in probably 30%-40% of my games.

Maybe if 343 would add a participant medal people wouldnt feel bad about losing and wont quit as offen…

> 2533274962052570;1:
> Can someone briefly explain in halo 5 rank competitive play exactly how many quitters are you getting out of 10 games. I’m getting on average at least 5 making my games almost auto wins. I’m simply wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

The other day I had my other 3 team mates quit in the Slayer Playlist. It was me against 4 other players. T’was not very fun. Quitters are so lame.

It’s a game, we play to have fun. Some people have fun by winning or kicking a**. If they feel that they aren’t having fun, then by all means, let them quit. Their game (license) and they can do as they please (short of cheating).

No amount of punishment will ever stop it from happening. People are psychologically programmed to respond better to incentive over punishment anyway.

> 2535430028147310;14:
> It’s a game, we play to have fun. Some people have fun by winning or kicking a**. If they feel that they aren’t having fun, then by all means, let them quit. Their game (license) and they can do as they please (short of cheating).
>
> No amount of punishment will ever stop it from happening. People are psychologically programmed to respond better to incentive over punishment anyway.

i’m talking about quitting in the beginning of the game I may not have made that clear or not

> 2533274913126156;4:
> 100% quitting for the other team at the start of the game when they see my gamer tag

If I ran into you I wouldn’t quit I would fight my hardest.

I don’t really get that many … but I had one game where this guy had 3 team mates leave, instead of quiting he stuck throughout the match.

What about a semi-permanent XP Decrease or RP Decrease. For example (the game sees you voluntarily hit the quit button) Your XP has been decreased by 15% over the next 24 hours, Your RP have been decreased by 10% for the next 12. Longer times and/or higher percentages for repeat offenses, but like your credit, if you are repeat quitting then you decide to clean up your act you start at full XP/RP Again, maybe like each Season. To address the counter argument which is “Well, there are just some instances where things come up and you have to quit.” If it is something important enough that you have to quit it shouldn’t matter to you what the consequences are.

Your burrito is done in the microwave: Probably shouldn’t quit

Someone in your family is in need of your help be it an emergency or time is of the essence: Probably worth taking the heat

Prioritize your reasons to leave the game. If you lag out or your internet goes down, talk to 343 or your ISP. This is just a solution to those guys that get pissy and just rage quit or something better comes along.

> 2533274807468284;17:
> To address the counter argument which is “Well, there are just some instances where things come up and you have to quit.” If it is something important enough that you have to quit it shouldn’t matter to you what the consequences are.

Exactly! That’s why I believe that a stringent “ban hammer” should remain in place, and I wouldn’t mind seeing habitual quitters receive a permanent XP/RP penalty, also.

As i have said many times before, I have completed almost 2000 Halo 5 matchmaking games since launch day and I have yet to find a compelling reason to quit in the middle.

I dont think that will work. If these quiters were that concerned with their xp/req points i dont think they would be quitting repeatedly. If they are people that play arena most of the time the req points are pretty much useless anyways. And from my experience a lot of these quitter are LOW ranking people that could possibly be trolls with smurf accounts.

But its not fair when you live out in the boonies and you lag out. Happened to my sons gamertag a few times today once when they were just about to win He did not quit and I was watching him play. And then just as I was about to say hey you better not start up another game or stupid 343 will bann you BANG Banhammer message popped up. Other games there is no issue. He plays all day and nothing no lag no drops but we go and play Halo 5 and happens every stinking time. Its gotten so bad that my 16yo who is an Avid Halo Fan and everything is branded Halo not wanting to play the game or read the books any more. Ever Since Bungie left it just has not been the same and I do not see it getting any better. But we should not get in trouble for lagging out in the middle or end of the game.

Harrover Clan