Marty O'Donnell at E3... For Halo Possibly?

Marty O’Donnell just tweeted that he will be at E3 for something. Hopefully he is working at 343!

Link

Wouldn’t contracts make that impossible? It would be cool though if he would come on stage with Bonnie Ross and make a jab at Bungie for being -Yoinks!-, oh how the great have fallen.

What do you mean? Who does he have a contract with?

Marty for halo hype?!

That would be cool.

I doubt he’ll be involved in H5. Knowing him, he wouldn’t settle for anything less than lead composer, which isn’t fair on Jinnouchi.

Please tell me he did all the music for Johns missions

He could be working on Part of Halo 5 and 6 with a co-composer lead like he had with Michael Salvitori

> 2533274846706692;3:
> What do you mean? Who does he have a contract with?

I’m assuming he can’t go back to Microsoft after the ten year license expirred. It seems weird to leave and come back between one game and ten-year contracts, assuming he was bound by it and not just Bungies game devs.

I think Marty was never under contract, just another Bungie employee

> 2533274932540799;6:
> I doubt he’ll be involved in H5. Knowing him, he wouldn’t settle for anything less than lead composer, which isn’t fair on Jinnouchi.

While Jinnouchi is good, he is no match against Marty. Nothing will ever hit the halo feel in music as close as Marty hit it, because Marty created the halo feel in music. It would be wise to promote Marty as lead composer while having Jinnouchi be his co composer.

> 2533274898131165;11:
> > 2533274932540799;6:
> > I doubt he’ll be involved in H5. Knowing him, he wouldn’t settle for anything less than lead composer, which isn’t fair on Jinnouchi.
>
>
> While Jinnouchi is good, he is no match against Marty. Nothing will ever hit the halo feel in music as close as Marty hit it, because Marty created the halo feel in music. It would be wise to promote Marty as lead composer while having Jinnouchi be his co composer.

I’m pretty sure Jinnouchi would be happy to work with Marty since he is studying his work and trying to create his own version with the feel of martys

343i already has a head composer and he’s great at that! Marty would likely settle for nothing less than the head and Jinnouchi being demoted seems like it would be a -Yoink- move.

Besides he hasn’t expressed any interest (nor disinterest to be fair) in composing for Halo again. If he does though that be pretty cool, but I just don’t see it happening.

Did Joe Staten show interest in writing for halo and voicing a grunt again? Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274846706692;12:
> > 2533274898131165;11:
> > > 2533274932540799;6:
> > > I doubt he’ll be involved in H5. Knowing him, he wouldn’t settle for anything less than lead composer, which isn’t fair on Jinnouchi.
> >
> >
> > While Jinnouchi is good, he is no match against Marty. Nothing will ever hit the halo feel in music as close as Marty hit it, because Marty created the halo feel in music. It would be wise to promote Marty as lead composer while having Jinnouchi be his co composer.
>
>
> I’m pretty sure Jinnouchi would be happy to work with Marty since he is studying his work and trying to create his own version with the feel of martys

ArtooFeva summed it up. Wouldn’t be fair just to effectively demote Jinnouchi, who, to be fair, did all of the best stuff in H4, as well as some great snippets for various H5 promotional things.

> 2533274932540799;15:
> > 2533274846706692;12:
> > > 2533274898131165;11:
> > > > 2533274932540799;6:
> > > > I doubt he’ll be involved in H5. Knowing him, he wouldn’t settle for anything less than lead composer, which isn’t fair on Jinnouchi.
> > >
> > >
> > > While Jinnouchi is good, he is no match against Marty. Nothing will ever hit the halo feel in music as close as Marty hit it, because Marty created the halo feel in music. It would be wise to promote Marty as lead composer while having Jinnouchi be his co composer.
> >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure Jinnouchi would be happy to work with Marty since he is studying his work and trying to create his own version with the feel of martys
>
>
> ArtooFeva summed it up. Wouldn’t be fair just to effectively demote Jinnouchi, who, to be fair, did all of the best stuff in H4, as well as some great snippets for various H5 promotional things.

Yes but again they could be co-composing together as partners

WAIT, no one’s considering this: Jinouchi will still do the games music, marty will do the Spielberg production’s music! Eh?

Halo Wars 2 main composer, BELIEVE.

> 2533274894863132;17:
> WAIT, no one’s considering this: Jinouchi will still do the games music, marty will do the Spielberg production’s music! Eh?

Maybe, he could just be working on another game though :frowning:

Sorry guys Frankie confirmed on Neogaf it’s not Halo :confused: