Marty making a return to halo?

The other day Marty O’Donnell posted a tweet saying. So… Do you still need me? I replied to the tweet by asking if this was a hint he is returning to halo? He favorited it. Now I know it’s just an assumption but what do you guys think?

I think that’s a blind assumption at best if you’re only basing his return on one tweet. He’s working on a soundtrack for some game last time I checked. Is there any other proof of his return besides this? Because all I’ve heard from people is that they want him back, so there’s a chance he can return; which is an invalid reason. Also was the tweet directed at anybody?

> 2535418979567138;2:
> I think that’s a blind assumption at best if you’re only basing his return on one tweet. He’s working on a soundtrack for some game last time I checked. Is there any other proof of his return besides this? Because all I’ve heard from people is that they want him back, so there’s a chance he can return; which is an invalid reason. Also was the tweet directed at anybody?

There has been lots of hints of him coming back though and no it wasn’t.

I’ve seen breadcrumbs and speculation about him returning, but nothing credibly solid to date. Unfortunately it sounds like your interaction (barring any response that might validate it more) falls into that same unsubstantiated bucket.

In any case, I’d love to see him come back, and it’s definitely a possibility given his relationship with Bungie being on the rocks and the fact that Infinite is still a fair ways out. Whether or not he actually makes a return, I think it’s reasonable to assume a lot of his sensibilities will make themselves heard in Infinite’s soundtrack based on the classic art direction on display in the trailer (plus the music used in it: 11/10!)

I think the safe assumption is that he won’t come back in the literal sense; he seems to be exploring some different options right now and as previously mentioned there doesn’t seem to be any rock-solid indications that he’s hankering to get back to writing Halo music. I’d be as psyched as anyone if they announce he’s coming back, but until and unless that day comes, I’ll just be content that they’re seemingly aiming at a homage to his style with the work they’re doing.

I think Marty loves to tease but I don’t think he’s coming back to Halo. This isn’t the first time he posted something like that. When he tweeted a pic of him getting coffee with Jen Taylor and Joe Staten, people went ballistic.

mabey he will be helping out with the project as he has done in the past to give it hat more halo feel like in halo 3 and the past ones

> 2533274817408735;5:
> I think Marty loves to tease but I don’t think he’s coming back to Halo. This isn’t the first time he posted something like that. When he tweeted a pic of him getting coffee with Jen Taylor and Joe Staten, people went ballistic.

This exactly. I make no secrets about wishing for Marty and Steve Vai to return and contribute to the Halo music. However, he does tease, and I won’t view his tweets as more than that. I’ll believe it when and if it happens, but I’m not sure it will. Also, he has his own compny to run from what I’ve read.

After the Infinite trailer Marty also tweeted “Nice music”, which I would love to mean he made it, but could just mean it was similar to his original style.

I don’t think he’s gonna return for infinite but who knows, anything is possible at this point

> 2533274856452175;8:
> After the Infinite trailer Marty also tweeted “Nice music”, which I would love to mean he made it, but could just mean it was similar to his original style.

It was the same audio track, only slightly extended for the title card reveal.