Marty, Kazuma or...??

Who do you think the Halo: Infinite composer is? I personally don’t think (based on the reveal music) that Marty is making a return, it just sounded a lot more like Kazuma.

So who do you think? Let’s discuss!

The trailer music for Infinite probably was composed by Kazuma, as at the time of the trailer, Kazuma was still 343i’s in-house music composer. However, about a month after the trailer released, Kazuma left 343 to work freelance. So while it’s possible some of the music in Infinite will have been composed by him, it’s almost certain that 343 will need to bring in someone else to finish the music.

Given that Marty was an original composer of Halo’s music, it’s to be expected that future composers to write for the series will take inspiration from his work. But Marty hasn’t said anything about coming back to Halo; he’s got his own game studio with a game in development, so it’s not like he’s freelance and I doubt he has time for other contracts.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> The trailer music for Infinite probably was composed by Kazuma, as at the time of the trailer, Kazuma was still 343i’s in-house music composer. However, about a month after the trailer released, Kazuma left 343 to work freelance. So while it’s possible some of the music in Infinite will have been composed by him, it’s almost certain that 343 will need to bring in someone else to finish the music.
>
> Given that Marty was an original composer of Halo’s music, it’s to be expected that future composers to write for the series will take inspiration from his work. But Marty hasn’t said anything about coming back to Halo; he’s got his own game studio with a game in development, so it’s not like he’s freelance and I doubt he has time for other contracts.

I getcha, I didn’t even know he left. I hope to see some great talent come in!

I wouldn’t mind to see Tom Salta doing the Soundtrack for Halo Infinite.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> The trailer music for Infinite probably was composed by Kazuma, as at the time of the trailer, Kazuma was still 343i’s in-house music composer. However, about a month after the trailer released, Kazuma left 343 to work freelance. So while it’s possible some of the music in Infinite will have been composed by him, it’s almost certain that 343 will need to bring in someone else to finish the music.
>
> Given that Marty was an original composer of Halo’s music, it’s to be expected that future composers to write for the series will take inspiration from his work. But Marty hasn’t said anything about coming back to Halo; he’s got his own game studio with a game in development, so it’s not like he’s freelance and I doubt he has time for other contracts.

Do you think this tweet could have potential for anything or it’s just old friends catching up?

> 2533274815711361;5:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > The trailer music for Infinite probably was composed by Kazuma, as at the time of the trailer, Kazuma was still 343i’s in-house music composer. However, about a month after the trailer released, Kazuma left 343 to work freelance. So while it’s possible some of the music in Infinite will have been composed by him, it’s almost certain that 343 will need to bring in someone else to finish the music.
> >
> > Given that Marty was an original composer of Halo’s music, it’s to be expected that future composers to write for the series will take inspiration from his work. But Marty hasn’t said anything about coming back to Halo; he’s got his own game studio with a game in development, so it’s not like he’s freelance and I doubt he has time for other contracts.
>
> Do you think this tweet could have potential for anything or it’s just old friends catching up?

Can’t old friends just meet for coffee without some major conspiracy?

But seriously, I see no hidden meaning behind that tweet.

> 2533274817408735;6:
> > 2533274815711361;5:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > The trailer music for Infinite probably was composed by Kazuma, as at the time of the trailer, Kazuma was still 343i’s in-house music composer. However, about a month after the trailer released, Kazuma left 343 to work freelance. So while it’s possible some of the music in Infinite will have been composed by him, it’s almost certain that 343 will need to bring in someone else to finish the music.
> > >
> > > Given that Marty was an original composer of Halo’s music, it’s to be expected that future composers to write for the series will take inspiration from his work. But Marty hasn’t said anything about coming back to Halo; he’s got his own game studio with a game in development, so it’s not like he’s freelance and I doubt he has time for other contracts.
> >
> > Do you think this tweet could have potential for anything or it’s just old friends catching up?
>
> Can’t old friends just meet for coffee without some major conspiracy?
>
> But seriously, I see no hidden meaning behind that tweet.

I also think it’s just old friends meeting again.

> 2533274883624877;4:
> I wouldn’t mind to see Tom Salta doing the Soundtrack for Halo Infinite.

Agreed, if there’s someone other than Marty I’d like to compose Halo Infinite’s soundtrack, it’s Tom Salta.

> 2533274883624877;4:
> I wouldn’t mind to see Tom Salta doing the Soundtrack for Halo Infinite.

Yea, the theme he made for Halo: Online is beautiful!

Marty mentioned a few months back that 343 hasn’t asked for him, and he’s open to it. Obviously it won’t happen, hopefully I’m proven wrong

> 2535465244443936;10:
> Marty mentioned a few months back that 343 hasn’t asked for him, and he’s open to it. Obviously it won’t happen, hopefully I’m proven wrong

Where did he mention this? Any tweets or…?

> 2533274868782860;11:
> > 2535465244443936;10:
> > Marty mentioned a few months back that 343 hasn’t asked for him, and he’s open to it. Obviously it won’t happen, hopefully I’m proven wrong
>
> Where did he mention this? Any tweets or…?

An AMA on reddit

> 2535465244443936;12:
> > 2533274868782860;11:
> > > 2535465244443936;10:
> > > Marty mentioned a few months back that 343 hasn’t asked for him, and he’s open to it. Obviously it won’t happen, hopefully I’m proven wrong
> >
> > Where did he mention this? Any tweets or…?
>
> An AMA on reddit
> https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4cd2gy/hi_im_marty_odonnell_audio_director_and_composer/

Thanks for the link, remember though, this was 2 years ago. A lot can happen between then and most likely fall 2020 lol.

Both, would be nice.

> 2533274815711361;5:
> Do you think this tweet could have potential for anything or it’s just old friends catching up?

There was nothing more to that tweet than friends catching up. As noted above, Marty has his own game studio now called Highwire Games. They’re currently making a PSVR game called Golem (and the music is pretty awesome)

> 2533274813317074;15:
> > 2533274815711361;5:
> > Do you think this tweet could have potential for anything or it’s just old friends catching up?
>
> There was nothing more to that tweet than friends catching up. As noted above, Marty has his own game studio now called Highwire Games. They’re currently making a PSVR game called Golem (and the music is pretty awesome)

That’s right. I also figured it was just old friends catching up, but I had forgotten about Marty’s new studio. Thanks for the reminder.

I doubt Marty is coming back, at least for Infinite. He went to a new studio after Bungie fired him and is still there. I believe they confirmed Kazuma has done at least some of the soundtrack so I’m pretty sure he did the trailer’s music.

I’d like Marty, Kazuma, and Neil Davidge to collaborate. I really enjoyed the H4 soundtrack. Of course that could turn into too many Chiefs, er, chefs in the kitchen.

There is already an Audio thread that deals with this topic.

> 2535411919953126;19:
> There is already an Audio thread that deals with this topic.

Where?