Mark VI in Halo 4.

I recently watched ‘Vote Fever’ by Roosterteeth. It displayed the MK VI. I don’t think it translates well in to the game, with the other armour. The necks look weird with it, and it’s just… too tall, and the rest of the armour is so bulky.

Is it just me? Opinions?

> I recently watched ‘Vote Fever’ by Roosterteeth. It displayed the MK VI. I don’t think it translates well in to the game, with the other armour. The necks look weird with it, and it’s just… too tall, and the rest of the armour is so bulky.
>
> Is it just me? Opinions?

I think it looks fine. WHats reallysad is there is no Mark V

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=mark+v+halo&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS497US497&biw=1241&bih=584&tbm=isch&tbnid=9Gk7GjTYYliY8M:&imgrefurl=http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/File:CurrentMarkV.png&docid=6YnYfVmFk_H6gM&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/e/e8/CurrentMarkV.png&w=350&h=350&ei=N_CHUJrMKs2I0QG7x4CoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=283&vpy=235&dur=1904&hovh=226&hovw=226&tx=136&ty=180&sig=110633369862031802916&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=131&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:116

Can we see some pics of Mark VI In Halo 4?

well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.

Actually, after looking at some pictures, it only looks bad in the player customization menu. It looks fine when in the actual game.

Edit: in-game screenshot vs menu for comparison: halo4nation.com

> well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.

Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-

<mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>

You’re right. In game it looks fine, but in the video, and customizing with it, it looks silly. And MK V was already outdated-looking and too thin for Reach, I couldn’t imagine what it would look like now. Yikes. I’m looking forward to the Warrior helmet…

> > well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.
>
> Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-
>
>
>
> <mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>

The fact that 343 is continuing Master Chiefs story, putting 1 Remake map in the game, and bringing back the Battle Rifle shows they do care about “tradition”.

Besides, if you were paying attention recently you would realize that 343i wants to have as many game modes such as Campaign, War Games, Spartan ops, revolve around the story. I’m sure they have a valid reason why they didnt put Mark V or, another loved helemt, ODST in the game.

> > I recently watched ‘Vote Fever’ by Roosterteeth. It displayed the MK VI. I don’t think it translates well in to the game, with the other armour. The necks look weird with it, and it’s just… too tall, and the rest of the armour is so bulky.
> >
> > Is it just me? Opinions?
>
> I think it looks fine. WHats reallysad is there is no Mark V
>
> http://www.google.com/imgres?q=mark+v+halo&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS497US497&biw=1241&bih=584&tbm=isch&tbnid=9Gk7GjTYYliY8M:&imgrefurl=http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/File:CurrentMarkV.png&docid=6YnYfVmFk_H6gM&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/e/e8/CurrentMarkV.png&w=350&h=350&ei=N_CHUJrMKs2I0QG7x4CoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=283&vpy=235&dur=1904&hovh=226&hovw=226&tx=136&ty=180&sig=110633369862031802916&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=131&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:116

What is Caboose gonna wear now? Maybe they kept the Mark V and ODST secret…

> > > well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.
> >
> > Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-
> >
> >
> >
> > <mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>
>
> The fact that 343 is continuing Master Chiefs story, putting 1 Remake map in the game, and bringing back the Battle Rifle shows they do care about “tradition”.
>
> Besides, if you were paying attention recently you would realize that 343i wants to have as many game modes such as Campaign, War Games, Spartan ops, revolve around the story. I’m sure they have a valid reason why they didnt put Mark V or, another loved helemt, ODST in the game.

  1. chief sells better
  2. BR is useless next to the DMR since it is no longer a 4sk
  3. Valhalla? yay more camp the middle hill with the laser? Its nice but meh.

Oh yes I know about this desire. It still wouldn’t matter if they added Mark V and ODST since they dont effect gameplay. <mark>Also if you were paying attention they are adding a BUNCH of helmets from reach (EOD, toasterhelmet, and carters helmet) which are just as old as Mark V and ODST. Your point is invalidated by that alone.</mark>

They added one helmet that already looks dated with what they’re doing with Halo 4, why add another?

> > > > well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.
> > >
> > > Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > <mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>
> >
> > The fact that 343 is continuing Master Chiefs story, putting 1 Remake map in the game, and bringing back the Battle Rifle shows they do care about “tradition”.
> >
> > Besides, if you were paying attention recently you would realize that 343i wants to have as many game modes such as Campaign, War Games, Spartan ops, revolve around the story. I’m sure they have a valid reason why they didnt put Mark V or, another loved helemt, ODST in the game.
>
> 1) chief sells better
> 2) BR is useless next to the DMR since it is no longer a 4sk
> 3) Valhalla? yay more camp the middle hill with the laser? Its nice but meh.
>
> Oh yes I know about this desire. It still wouldn’t matter if they added Mark V and ODST since they dont effect gameplay. <mark>Also if you were paying attention they are adding a BUNCH of helmets from reach (EOD, toasterhelmet, and carters helmet) which are just as old as Mark V and ODST. Your point is invalidated by that alone.</mark>

Its all about the story and the details. If I’m correct, in the armory of Halo 4 it shows a description of those helmets you listed, and gives an explanation as to why they are in the game.

For Example, from the description of the Commando, Carters helmet, it seems that it is an updated version of the previous one. And considering the Toasterhelmet, During the time period Halo 4 takes place, it seems to now be widely used and manufactured.

The fact that Mark V isnt in the game may mostly mean that its not used during the time Halo 4 takes place. The only reason I see for putting it in the game is for Nostalgia…but, I’m pretty sure after the game comes out people will

I just dont like that the underskin is the armor color… Does anyone know if we can make it black??? still looks good… just a bit weird.

Nevermind it was just sarge, the rest have it black. LOOKS SWEET!!! CANT WAIT i love mark VI

And i am pretty sure Rooster Teeth has an alpha build because the Dmr is still the alpha build one without the iron sight at the end.

I’d be nice if you can wear master chief’s latest armor :confused:

> I recently watched ‘Vote Fever’ by Roosterteeth. It displayed the MK VI. I don’t think it translates well in to the game, with the other armour. The necks look weird with it, and it’s just… too tall, and the rest of the armour is so bulky.
>
> Is it just me? Opinions?

roosterteeth used a filter so thats why the armor looks weird

> > > > well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.
> > >
> > > Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > <mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>
> >
> > The fact that 343 is continuing Master Chiefs story, putting 1 Remake map in the game, and bringing back the Battle Rifle shows they do care about “tradition”.
> >
> > Besides, if you were paying attention recently you would realize that 343i wants to have as many game modes such as Campaign, War Games, Spartan ops, revolve around the story. I’m sure they have a valid reason why they didnt put Mark V or, another loved helemt, ODST in the game.
>
> 1) chief sells better
> 2) BR is useless next to the DMR since it is no longer a 4sk
> 3) Valhalla? yay more camp the middle hill with the laser? Its nice but meh.
>
> Oh yes I know about this desire. It still wouldn’t matter if they added Mark V and ODST since they dont effect gameplay. <mark>Also if you were paying attention they are adding a BUNCH of helmets from reach (EOD, toasterhelmet, and carters helmet) which are just as old as Mark V and ODST. Your point is invalidated by that alone.</mark>

Except that unlike Mark V and ODST, EOD, Commando, and whatever helmet you call “toaster helmet” never had fully remodled upgrades designed.

Reach’s Mark V EOD upgraded into, well, Halo 3’s Mark VI EOD. Which upgraded into Halo 4’s Mark VII EOD. Just like Mark V Recon upgraded into Mark VI Recon, and Mark VII recon.

So Halo CE’s Mark V Mjolnir, upgraded into Mark VI Mjolnir, then into Mark VII Recruit I’m assuming.

ODST being a separate armour system didn’t upgrade into “Mark x” variants, rather it simply upgraded from ODST, to Air Assault, which I’m going to guess ODSTs all wear during the events of Halo 4.

What that tells me, is that the sheer fact that they are dipping back one generation for the Mjolnir variant IS them acknowledging tradition with the fans.

> > I recently watched ‘Vote Fever’ by Roosterteeth. It displayed the MK VI. I don’t think it translates well in to the game, with the other armour. The necks look weird with it, and it’s just… too tall, and the rest of the armour is so bulky.
> >
> > Is it just me? Opinions?
>
> roosterteeth used a filter so thats why the armor looks weird

The shape of the armour just doesn’t look right. The helmet is ok, but still looks short and fat. And the shoulders and chest look completely messed up. The Arms and Legs look alright though I suppose.

> > well you must remember that the Mark V is outdated now. and the mark VI looks wierd because we are so used to looking at the new one.
>
> <mark>Well it just goes to show how little 343 cares about tradition</mark>. Not even the slightest nod to the game that started it all. Instead iconic helmets liek EOD are sooooo much more important -__-
>
>
>
> <mark>also all helmets work the same in MP so it wouldnt matter if its “outdated” or not</mark>

Ok and them excluding the MK.V proves WHAT exactly?

Just to let people know.

You can get the Mark VI helmet from previous games, but not the Mark VI MC wears in H4.