Mark IV Armour in Halo 4

And no, I’m not referring to the Halo Wars Mark IV armour. I don’t know about you guys, but the Mark IV armour on the cover of Halo: The Cole Protocol is probably the downright sexiest chunk of protective metal I have ever seen. I swear by the Mark IV armour but damn, if 343 put the Cole Protocol Mark IV armour in (with the added machete mind you) I would wear it exclusively.

Linky for Pic

Edit: DERP, just realised my avatar is the picture as well, so… click the link if you want a BIGGER version.

-Yoink!- indeed. The chest is VERY VERY much like the Mark V(B) default armor from Reach. But, I’d love to see that helmet.

- Jason Garwood

might as well have this armour you would have to canonically explain why it would have energy shields but apart from that you would look -Yoink!- in that

I like the armor man.

Cole Protocol Mk. IV= Mk. IV
Halo wars Mk. IV= Mk. IV
The more the merrier methinks.

I’d prefer the ORIGINAL Halo Wars Mark IV. Pic

I think there should be both Cole Protocol and Halo wars Mark IV. It could be like security shoulders, with base, then higher level SECURITY.

I think it should be unlocked in this order

Mark IV Cole Protocol chest
Mark IV Halo Wars helmet
Cole Protocol Shoulders
Halo Wars Shoulders
Cole Protocol Helmet

So it would be like Cole Protocol Helmet and Mark IV Halo Wars helmet would be lower level’BASE’ Maark IV. And as for canon and shield-compatible, we don’t need to explain that…

Well… okay. You get a Mark V helmet, take out the shield generator (Which is quite small) and tape it to the Mark !V’s forehead. Happy? i would be…

> I’d prefer the ORIGINAL Halo Wars Mark IV. Pic

Mark IV ``

> I like the armor man.
>
> Cole Protocol Mk. IV= Mk. IV
> Halo wars Mk. IV= Mk. IV
> The more the merrier methinks.
[/quote]
Actually the original Mark IV looked like this. According to Halsey’s Journal, the Mark IV went through a number of models/designs during its lifetime. It’s possible that the Cole Protocol version is even a different permutation (like the EVA is).

The Grenadier Helmet in Reach is also Mark IV. That’s why I specified which Mark IV I’d like; there are so many permutations.

I hope we’re talking Armory Items here, because then you wouldn’t neccisarily need an canonical explimation as to why the Mark 4 now has shields. The explimation would instead be " Because it just looks so darn good!" That’s how I felt with the mark VI and IV and CQB. It’s OK to have some rediculous items in Halo, as long as it dosn’t affect gameplay. like Grunt Birthday Party and such.

> I hope we’re talking Armory Items here, because then you wouldn’t neccisarily need an canonical explimation as to why the Mark 4 now has shields. The explimation would instead be " Because it just looks so darn good!" That’s how I felt with the mark VI and IV and CQB. It’s OK to have some rediculous items in Halo, as long as it dosn’t affect gameplay. like Grunt Birthday Party and such.

I’d really like to see them try to come up with a canonical reason for the Grunt Birthday Party.

Now we know the armor.

Yeah, The Mk. IV armor on the “Cole Protocol” cover is freakin awesome. If that’s what they have for the Limited Edition of Halo 4, You’ll know which version I’ll be buying.

> > I hope we’re talking Armory Items here, because then you wouldn’t neccisarily need an canonical explimation as to why the Mark 4 now has shields. The explimation would instead be " Because it just looks so darn good!" That’s how I felt with the mark VI and IV and CQB. It’s OK to have some rediculous items in Halo, as long as it dosn’t affect gameplay. like Grunt Birthday Party and such.
>
> I’d really like to see them try to come up with a canonical reason for the Grunt Birthday Party.

Grunts party tremendously before battle and they stuff their masks with confetti before going into battle for luck!..?
OT: Yes.

I would much rather prefer my good old Mark V armor.

Link

I agree. The best part is that we don’t need a canonical explanation for the shields because War Games is a simulation.

> And no, I’m not referring to the Halo Wars Mark IV armour. I don’t know about you guys, but the Mark IV armour on the cover of Halo: The Cole Protocol is probably the downright sexiest chunk of protective metal I have ever seen. I swear by the Mark IV armour but damn, if 343 put the Cole Protocol Mark IV armour in (with the added machete mind you) I would wear it exclusively.
>
> Linky for Pic
>
> Edit: DERP, just realised my avatar is the picture as well, so… click the link if you want a BIGGER version.

Yes. This is probably the only armour I want more than EVA or SPI. I liked the book and loved the cover art.

The armour is -Yoink!- and we need to see the full form of it. Plus its classic style is a good contrast to the GEN2 style.

I agree, when I first saw that I was like dayummm.

We don’t really know what one shoulder looks like and we don’t know about the lower chest and legs. I’m assuming them to be similar to Mark V though.

EDIT: I’m honestly not sure if the shoulders are symmetrical or asymmetrical. Its such an odd angle.

> I think there should be both Cole Protocol and Halo wars Mark IV. It could be like security shoulders, with base, then higher level SECURITY.
>
> I think it should be unlocked in this order
>
> Mark IV Cole Protocol chest
> Mark IV Halo Wars helmet
> Cole Protocol Shoulders
> Halo Wars Shoulders
> Cole Protocol Helmet
>
> So it would be like Cole Protocol Helmet and Mark IV Halo Wars helmet would be lower level’BASE’ Maark IV. And as for canon and shield-compatible, we don’t need to explain that…
>
> Well… okay. You get a Mark V helmet, take out the shield generator (Which is quite small) and tape it to the Mark !V’s forehead. Happy? i would be…

This is a smart idea. We get both armours and its still an interesting unlock scheme.