Marine role in campaign

I know that we have seen Locke on his own confronting chief, but I’m throwing this out there. At some point, Locke and co may well decide that since they’re going up against Chief and all his lovely buddies, they’ll need a wee bit of help - this might manifest itself in a level or two where we have to fight through marines and spartan 4s. We were told we were going to shocked by the campaign. Slaughtering the people we’re fighting to protect would be something 343 could well be considering. Quite a cruel twist of fate if it were to happen. And more fuel to the fire for hunting the chief. The only thing that might make this somewhat unlikely is Buck’s comment about people having to find out. I can see John taking the offensive against ONI possibly, depending on how badly ONI are trying to bring him in. If it happens, we might have a few humans to kill. Not a nice feeling. Anyone else thinking along these lines?

That would completely erase the aspect of innocence the Chief has left. Currently he has simply gone “AWOL” and we are still able to take his side on the grounds that he is on an all-import an mission. If he were yo suddenly slaughter hordes of men and women just because, then he really would become the villain, which I’d not what the story is going to be about. So no.

As much as I’d love to gun down some S-IV’s I don’t see it happening.

Here is a quote by the ESRB regarding Halo 5

> This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a super soldier (Locke) searching for a missing character. Players use pistols, machine guns, grenade launchers, and futuristic weapons to kill alien and human enemies in frenetic combat.

Whilst this could refer to Warzone, in which Marines are placed on teams, it does open up the possibility that marines, Spartan IVs, as well as other human enemies might be present in Halo 5 campaign.

And no, it does not mean killing other players in multiplayer, as this is the first Halo game to date to feature “kill… human enemies” in the ESRB rating.

We already do it all the time… Wait, is it just me?

> 2533274820430915;3:
> As much as I’d love to gun down some S-IV’s I don’t see it happening.

So you’re saying you’d start shooting Buck as soon as you gain control of Locke? :stuck_out_tongue: