Marine confursion

Okay, so in Halo: Anniversary, the “Armoured Marines” seem to look exactly like the Troopers from Halo: Reach. Why didn’t they make them look like the Marines from Halo 3?

Also, if you look at the Pilots of Pelicans (and also the female pilot of the Lifeboat), they all wear the Marine armour from Halo 3. This has me confused. Why did they gives Halo 3’s Marine armour to the pilots and Halo: Reach’s Trooper armour to the Marines.

Why are oranges called oranges? Well they saw oranges first… So what happened when they named the carrot? I don’t know I’m just glad they didn’t call them long pointies.

Thank you, for you very useful post. All my questiones have now been answered. -_-

Because the Reach Marines (not the Army, look at the helmets, the Marines have different ones)were the most recent model and the Halo 3 models were the most recent models for those. 343 is focusing their efforts on Halo 4, not CEA so they didn’t make new models for those characters, that’s why they were older models.

I’d imagine most of the Pillar of Autumn’s Marines were based on Reach at the time of the invasion, so it only makes sense that they would share logistical assets between the Army and the Fleet.

> Because the Reach Marines (not the Army, look at the helmets, the Marines have different ones)were the most recent model and the Halo 3 models were the most recent models for those. 343 is focusing their efforts on Halo 4, not CEA so they didn’t make new models for those characters, that’s why they were older models.

This.

There could also be a canonical reason but this is the technical reason. It’s why the Flood are mostly H3.

If you want to get a story behind it, it’s because all of the Pillar’s occupants were fresh from the planet Reach. The people of Reach wear a sort of greyer armor with tan/brown plating (see: Classic Halo: Combat Evolved), which does sort of continue with the marines in Halo Reach; while the armor of Earth, it’s more green and camouflaged.

But saying that they wanted to use the Reach assets because it was more current isn’t wrong either.

> If you want to get a story behind it, it’s because all of the Pillar’s occupants were fresh from the planet Reach. The people of Reach wear a sort of greyer armor with tan/brown plating (see: Classic Halo: Combat Evolved), which does sort of continue with the marines in Halo Reach; while the armor of Earth, it’s more green and camouflaged.
>
> But saying that they wanted to use the Reach assets because it was more current isn’t wrong either.

Because you know, if you’re from a certain area you’re not allowed to wear a certain kind of camo…

They didn’t have much time to make this game. If they’d had another year or two then they’d probably have original models for everything in the game along with a remake of CE’s multipalyer.

> > If you want to get a story behind it, it’s because all of the Pillar’s occupants were fresh from the planet Reach. The people of Reach wear a sort of greyer armor with tan/brown plating (see: Classic Halo: Combat Evolved), which does sort of continue with the marines in Halo Reach; while the armor of Earth, it’s more green and camouflaged.
> >
> > But saying that they wanted to use the Reach assets because it was more current isn’t wrong either.
>
> Because you know, if you’re from a certain area you’re not allowed to wear a certain kind of camo…

You could say that the forces near Earth have better/newer equipment because most of the weapons and vehicles come from Misriah Armory which is on Mars. Seeing how “big” space is, it’d take a while to equip forces that are further out.

> They didn’t have much time to make this game. If they’d had another year or two then they’d probably have original models for everything in the game along with a remake of CE’s multipalyer.

That don’t fly with me. They were able to give Halo 3’s Marine gear to the pilots in CEA. They could have gave them to the Marines too, just change the textures to a grey-ish colour.

> > They didn’t have much time to make this game. If they’d had another year or two then they’d probably have original models for everything in the game along with a remake of CE’s multipalyer.
>
> That don’t fly with me. They were able to give Halo 3’s Marine gear to the pilots in CEA. They could have gave them to the Marines too, just change the textures to a grey-ish colour.

Good point, I forgot about that.

I guess it was that they just wanted the Marines to look like the Reach Marines.