March Playlist Update Discussion

Please use the following threads for specific feedback, and this thread for general feedback and requests. Thanks!

Grifball Feedback
Infection Feedback
Evade Feedback
Bleedthrough Feedback
Team Hotshot Feedback
BTB Heavies Feedback
Team Objective Feedback

Literally the worst update I have ever seen for this game.

Removing a good playlist.

Replacing it with an inferior playlist

Removing Evade from Objective gametypes

But leaving Armor Lock

Getting rid of bleedthrough so that Sprint double melee comes back.

Before I wanted to thank you for your hard work, but this update makes me sick.

Those are my thoughts.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. You made Objective teams of 5.

Why would you do that? How is that beneficial in any way?

Removing Bleedthrough/Squad Slayer (our only pure slayer option with no Armor Lock) is a complete joke. I’m just waiting to get pinched and wake up.

I’m disappointed in the March update but “makes me sick”? Some of you posters need to stop with the theatrics. Make your opinions heard but remember that it is just a game.

Two weeks ago you said something about updates to Invasion, and then you haven’t said a word about Invasion for two weeks, what gives? TU would be awesome in Invasion, as would be some community maps.

Totally loving the continuing ignorance of Arena. I like how you guys take no interest in listening to members of the community. Instead, I totally love the arbitrary changes you have made that have only resulted in discontent!

> I’m disappointed in the March update but “makes me sick”? Some of you posters need to stop with the theatrics. Make your opinions heard but remember that it is just a game.

So you’re doing the, “This isn’t a big deal. Get over it.” thing.

Guess what. For someone that actually cares what they are playing and actually takes note of what is good and bad about this game, these changes are a big deal.

I honestly don’t see why I should play this game anymore after some of these changes.

You can ignore what changed, but telling me that I shouldn’t care is crossing a line.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!!

That’s for whoever decided to remove Squad Slayer.

> > I’m disappointed in the March update but “makes me sick”? Some of you posters need to stop with the theatrics. Make your opinions heard but remember that it is just a game.
>
> So you’re doing the, “This isn’t a big deal. Get over it.” thing.
>
>
> Guess what. For someone that actually cares what they are playing and actually takes note of what is good and bad about this game, these changes are a big deal.
>
> I honestly don’t see why I should play this game anymore after some of these changes.
>
>
> You can ignore what changed, but telling me that I shouldn’t care is crossing a line.

Where did I say that i’m ignoring? I’ve stated my disappointment in other threads. It is just a game and if you allow it to disappoint you that much, re-evaluate yourself.

Just because you are so vibrantly angry doesn’t mean you are right about anything. Why get angry? I have better things to worry about.

I’m crossing the line? Grab your balls and stop with the theatrics.

This is by far the worst update ever. Remove Evade but AL will still be there WTF. Squad Slayer gets removed for Super Slayer witch will have Team Slayer gameplay in it with TU settings, so basicly Super Slayer will be 5vs5 or will it be 4vs4 ,AL and all the realy bad Forge maps from TS?

If this infact is 100% real then its adios Reach for me and many of my buddys. Squad Slayer is basicly one of the best playlists in Reach where we dident have AL and the bad Forge maps from TS.

> Oh yeah I almost forgot. You made Objective teams of 5.
>
> Why would you do that? How is that beneficial in any way?

Because it’s nice to have different playlists for different party sizes. With a TU Team Slayer implemented to replace Squad, they made one of the least populated team playlists 5v5. Though honestly, I would like to have some slayer thrown in there because playing Objective for too long is kind of painful. There is Flag Slayer, however.

Please, don’t tell me melee bleedthrough is gone, please someone, tell me that this isn’t true.

No one is ever completely happy with a playlist update. There was no way that 343 could make both sides of the title update debate totally happy. Having two separate playlists seems to be a fair compromise.

I can understand the removal of bleedthrough from the title update on some levels (there were problems that needed to be addressed), but it does seem to lessen the impact of calling the settings “title update”. Is this a tacit admission that you (343) have no intention of tweaking the settings further? Not criticism, just a question.

I would’ve liked to have seen more community maps added in to all playlists and not just a couple.

I don’t agree with the removal of Squad Slayer either.

Ok, so the -Yoink!- get their Broken Vanilla Team Slayer playlist, with broken AL, whack Bloom in full force, and the players with any semblance of a clue will have to play “Super Slayer”, even further dividing the player base - Great

Remember when everyone was sprinting around going for double pummels all the time? We all complained because it was limited, and 343 swooped in and applied Bleedthrough, which was a godsend (In regards to melees) because it punished players who sprint and double meleed. Well now we’re back to square one, and it’s limited.

They’re taking out Squad Slayer (The no AL Playlist) to make room for ‘Super Slayer’ (Completely lame Playlist name), because 343 didn’t have the balls to apply the TU update across the board. The majority of people complaining were AL abusers, and Double Beatdown enthusiasts who would rather derp around with their AR’s then ever dream of picking up a DMR.

Updating Grifball and infection? But not getting the newest settings for MLG? What is this nonsense? (Although this could be MLGs fault, I dunno).

BTB now might as well be called (Vehicle Wars).

No word on Arena update? And objective is gonna be 5v5 (Obviously to fill the void of the lack of squad)

Seriously, this is just limited, and I think it stems from 343 listening TOO much to the vocal minority that don’t have a clue, but want their voice heard of all others.

Wheres the new forge maps? Where the arena love? Wheres new MLG gametypes/maps?

I am dissapoint 343. Back to Tribes I go

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Ok, so the LOLDefaultReach crybabies get their Broken Vanilla Team Slayer playlist, with broken AL, whack Bloom in full force, and the players with any semblance of a clue will have to play “Super Slayer”, even further dividing the player base - Great

Remember when everyone was sprinting around going for double pummels all the time? We all complained because it was limited, and 343 swooped in and applied Bleedthrough, which was a godsend (In regards to melees) because it punished players who sprint and double meleed. Well now we’re back to square one, and it’s limited.

They’re taking out Squad Slayer (The no AL Playlist) to make room for ‘Super Slayer’ (Completely lame Playlist name), because 343 didn’t have the balls to apply the TU update across the board. The majority of people complaining were AL abusers, and Double Beatdown enthusiasts who would rather derp around with their AR’s then ever dream of picking up a DMR.

Updating Grifball and infection? But not getting the newest settings for MLG? What is this nonsense? (Although this could be MLGs fault, I dunno).

BTB now might as well be called (Vehicle Wars).

No word on Arena update? And objective is gonna be 5v5 (Obviously to fill the void of the lack of squad)

Seriously, this is just limited, and I think it stems from 343 listening TOO much to the vocal minority that don’t have a clue, but want their voice heard of all others.

Wheres the new forge maps? Where the arena love? Wheres new MLG gametypes/maps?

I am dissapoint 343. Back to Tribes I go

If Halo 4 is like these updates in anyway the Halo series is dead IMO.

RIP Halo

I’m honestly dissapointed in 343.

Worst update ever. I’m not jumping to conclussions, just let me tell why.

1. You add two joke playlist, remove 2 real playlists, and update 2 other joke playlists.
  2. You tell us that bleedthrough is gone, what is that supposed to mean? From both shooting and melees? because if you did that, you guys just went a step backwards in the wrong direction.

Hey wait…

> We have also taken some steps to give foot soldiers a better experience; <mark>slight changes to geometry provide more cover, speed has been upped to 110%</mark> (which is not a huge difference but it’s enough to make you slightly more resistant to the impending chaos going on around you), and many standard Infantry kills are rewarded with a bonus point.

Please don’t say that it’s only for that heavy gametype, TU gametypes need that since the killtimes are faster than vanilla Reach.

Just for the record, they aren’t gonna give more stats to sites like MetaHalo and HaloTracker… so disappointed

HT rank is what keeps me playing this rankless game…

> Oh yeah I almost forgot. You made Objective teams of 5.
>
> Why would you do that? How is that beneficial in any way?

Reach does actually work better with 5v5, especially objective, and I won’t mind the change provided they add maps that suit it, like Affinity and Wayont.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Congratulations 343, this update has made many people, including myself, lose all faith in you. Why the hell would you removed Squad Slayer? It was TU why replace it with some playlist that sure as hell will never be as good as Squad. Same thing with Anniversary Squad, some people don’t like the Anniversary settings, in Anniversary Squad they can still enjoy the maps Now they’re stuck with FFA and BTB. Sure Heavies is nice, but the cons are seriously outweighing the pros here.

Removing bleedthrough? Again, why? Thanks for turning this game back into a boxing match (cough sprint double melee cough) Removing Evade, seriously, I had no problems with it, it must be because you (whoever is maintaining the playlists) is listening to every person on your forums, none of which actually know what would be good for this game because they’ll all casuals and can’t ADAPT, adapt works both ways kiddies.

Why is Arena going unnoticed? Why isn’t MLG v7? Why do you people continue making terrible updates to cater to all the derps and either completely ignoring or kicking every more competitive/smart player in the balls?

It’s obvious 343 can’t be bothered to TU everything, and pretty much slap everyone that is pro-TU, because they listen to all the idiots on here.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Now that I’ve calmed down I’d like to thank the Waypoint matchmaking team for being on the ball and realizing that removing the best slayer playlist, ruining the TU gametype, and screwing up the Objective playlist were the changes that would carry this game successfully into the future.

I’ll just stop playing this game, until things get better.

This is the worst, update, ever…