March on Stormbreak is broken

did the idiots at 343 even test this map properly? I lose on this -Yoinking!- map every game. Who ever captures the fortress wins the -Yoinking!- game automatically since all bosses spawn near the middle. Its also impossible to re-capture the fortress since its so big and full of hiding spots.

Warzone is complete garbage and flawed heavily, seems like 343 didn’t test anything out in the 4 years of making halo 5.

Funny how the map you constantly lose on is the broken one.

Warzone isn’t as broken as you’re saying it is, take a break for a while and then come back.

I love Warzone and it plays perfectly fine for me

Actually the fortress is worthless imo. The only advantages it offer relate to the 2 small bosses that spawn on the cargo dock. These bosses take effort and time to kill and aren’t worth much. It’s much more advantageous to hold both armories. If you can secure the armories you have quick access to elites at shipping bay, stealth elite in the tunnel, Knights at tunnel entrance, sight lines to the legendary banshee, soldier commandos, hunters, and it’s not difficult to cut the fortress off from traveling to the warden in the tunnel.

So literally, the only boss advantages lie with the wraith and knight that spawn at the fortress cargo dock.

I hate to say it but you’re playing the map wrong. Then again, Stormbreak is my favorite so I may be biased.

> 2533274846637118;1:
> did the idiots at 343 even test this map properly? I lose on this -Yoinking!- map every game. Who ever captures the fortress wins the -Yoinking!- game automatically since all bosses spawn near the middle. Its also impossible to re-capture the fortress since its so big and full of hiding spots.
>
> Warzone is complete garbage and flawed heavily, seems like 343 didn’t test anything out in the 4 years of making halo 5.

I’ve been in matches where I’ve had both armories and the enemy team had the fortress and won. I’ve held the fortress and lost. Lochagos is a real issue in that its a very large amount of points up for grabs at the very beginning of the match.

Plus, even as flawed as stormbreak is it’s still better than Arc.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Actually the fortress is worthless imo. The only advantages it offer relate to the 2 small bosses that spawn on the cargo dock. These bosses take effort and time to kill and aren’t worth much. It’s much more advantageous to hold both armories. If you can secure the armories you have quick access to elites at shipping bay, stealth elite in the tunnel, Knights at tunnel entrance, sight lines to the legendary banshee, soldier commandos, hunters, and it’s not difficult to cut the fortress off from traveling to the warden in the tunnel.
>
> So literally, the only boss advantages lie with the wraith and knight that spawn at the fortress cargo dock.
>
> I hate to say it but you’re playing the map wrong. Then again, Stormbreak is my favorite so I may be biased.

^^^This guy gets it. It’s probably my favorite as well. He just does a much better job than I do of saying “why”.
:slight_smile:

It doesn’t help that people can help lock another team out of points by constantly using the plasma pistol on the legendary banshee pilot and force him to disappear out of the map. But other than that, I actually enjoy the map overall.

> 2533274846637118;1:
> did the geniuses at 343 even test this map properly? I lose my mind on this amazing map every game. Who ever captures the fortress wins the game automatically since all scout warthogs spawn near the middle. Its also impossible to re-capture the fortress since its so big and full of scout warthogs.
>
> Warzone is complete epicness and perfect, seems like 343 did test anything out of the ordinary in the 4 years of making halo 5.

Fixed your post.

Its easy to win if they have the fortress if you can take the other armory (Which is usually fairly easy). Since it’s a lot harder for them to get Warden. Plus if you just stay away from the middle base (goes for any map) then they have to come to you and easily get killed. Pretty simple stuff.

I think that 343 tested the map on where the 2 teams would be going to win.

I’ve won numerous games without having the fortress and I feel like the only map that having the middle base control has an advantage on bosses would be apex

Grabbing Lochagos and Fortress basically grants you victory. The only thing you have to major sure is that you always have two people in your Armory to catch those who go through the Tunnel.

Two Armories > One Fortress, but Your Armory and Fortress > Two Armories. Half the map becomes your territory.

Once you get that under control, you can almost win the game regardless of if you get the other two legendary bosses or not.

> 2533274833081329;11:
> Grabbing Lochagos and Fortress basically grants you victory. The only thing you have to major sure is that you always have two people in your Armory to catch those who go through the Tunnel.
>
> Two Armories > One Fortress, but Your Armory and Fortress > Two Armories. Half the map becomes your territory.
>
> Once you get that under control, you can almost win the game regardless of if you get the other two legendary bosses or not.

I’ve never understood this roll-over mentality but I hear it all the time. If the enemy gets Lochagos and caps fortress, all you have to do is grab the other armory and make sure your team kills the Banshee pilot. At this point, the two legendary bosses negate each other on the scoreboard, you’re earning points for 2 bases while the enemy is earning 1, and you have easier routes to all but 2 bosses.

If at 1:30 in the game and the enemy kills Lochagos and begins to cap and you believe you’re going to lose, you’ve created a self-fulfilling prophecy. You will lose.

If you’re still not convinced, think of it this way: literally every WarZone map has 3 legendaries. So why is Lochagos singled out as being the ultimate game-changer?

> 2533274909139271;7:
> > 2533274846637118;1:
> > did the geniuses at 343 even test this map properly? I lose my mind on this amazing map every game. Who ever captures the fortress wins the game automatically since all scout warthogs spawn near the middle. Its also impossible to re-capture the fortress since its so big and full of scout warthogs.
> >
> > Warzone is complete epicness and perfect, seems like 343 did test anything out of the ordinary in the 4 years of making halo 5.
>
>
> Fixed your post.

We need an HCS skin for scout hogs so we can have MLG scout hogs!