March Inside Infinite - All Audio & New Info!

Hey all! The March edition of Inside Infinite just dropped! Here’s the link & here’s all the details (I’ll update as I read, I’m not a audio expert so I’m not going to go into super deep details with technical subjects but feel free to discuss and clarify of that stuff:D )

• Changed Direction from Halo 4&5 with sound effects. They heard the feedback and wanted audio to be more suitable to the nostalgic look & feel for Infinite. - The new audio system detects gun sounds on a frame by frame basis. Prioritises them in a threat order and outputs the sounds for each gun. If a shot is aimed at a player then it’ll be louder for that player than shots that are not as immediate in danger - Infinite BR sound - The team have been working on creating a ambient sound space on Zeta halo. Sounds used to be placed by hand in older games, now these sounds are more easily appropriately placed with the new tech they have available. - Forerunner interior sound stage - Making Halo Infinite - Piano Pounding - 3 Minute Sound Samples from Halo Infinite - Image of new Banished weapon the “Skewer” - Audio teams are still working on sequencing music, mixing weapon sounds and fixing bugs. - The audio team have been making music for multiplayer menus, match intro’s & match outro’s. Whilst music in match will be kept to a minimum. - They haven’t forgotten about everyone’s favourite Halo MP announcer either…Jeff Steitzer is returning !? - The maps for MP have voxels. These voxels allow sound to travel from wall, floor and objects to find the fastest way to the player. - Campaign music will be there to support story elements and events during the campaign experience. They’re hoping to make a good mix of music, weapons and audio voiceover - Music has been inspired by the original trilogy as they want to bring that nostalgic feel back into the music whilst also making it new and exciting - Seems that The Banished will be able to use a multitude of weapons other than their own. The Banished can use SPNKR Rocket Launchers.What are your thoughts? Let’s discuss!
    I’m always hyped for more Halo news :smiley:

With each new Insider who launches I feel more and more excited.

> 2533274842428280;2:
> With each new Insider who launches I feel more and more excited.

Same! This blog is super super interesting and I’m so intrigued by what they’ve told us so far. I’m alwayssss craving more

The Skewer seems like a Banished railgun. That fires a very large spike instead.

Anyone else love the look of the Skewer? Not audio related but it looks incredible.

New BR sounds much heavier, I love it!

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Anyone else love the look of the Skewer? Not audio related but it looks incredible.

It looks to me like a successor to the spiker. Same design language but with more emphasis on the rifle.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Anyone else love the look of the Skewer? Not audio related but it looks incredible.

Yes! That thing looks incredible. I really want to get my hands on it.

Lots of awesome / interesting stuff… keeping the excitement levels bubbling along.

Loved that they spend two weeks in Tasmania (home). The Devils are awesome creatures… but they can make some horrific sounds. If you’ve ever tried camping around some angry (or amorous) devils… sigh.

I am absolutely loving that Piano video, dry ice make some of the coolest sounds when you record it. That and the BR sound BEEF, that thing is gonna crunch hard in the game, great stuff!

> 2533274813317074;10:
> I am absolutely loving that Piano video, dry ice make some of the coolest sounds when you record it. That and the BR sound BEEF, that thing is gonna crunch hard in the game, great stuff!

For sure! I was really hoping to hear the BR in this blog and I’m soooo happy we go to! It sounds beautiful. Death has never sounded so good.

Really great blog this month! I really love the new sounds for the BR. Also after listening to the piano video im sure the flood will be back. I hope we get more on that later this year

I may have missed it but was there any mention of what we can expect in the next few months of Inside Infinite? They had previously detailed what each month’s topic was but today was the last of their foreshadowing.

> 2533274923985254;13:
> I may have missed it but was there any mention of what we can expect in the next few months of Inside Infinite? They had previously detailed what each month’s topic was but today was the last of their foreshadowing.

I believeeeee next month is PC. I think? They mentioned it in the Feb or Jan blog I believe.

> 2533274923985254;13:
> I may have missed it but was there any mention of what we can expect in the next few months of Inside Infinite? They had previously detailed what each month’s topic was but today was the last of their foreshadowing.

April’s Inside Infinite will be about the PC version of the game. They did not reveal what May’s update would be about which surprised me a little bit but maybe that means they have a bigger announcement planned for that month? Best not to get my hopes up too high though…

> 2533275003965470;12:
> Really great blog this month! I really love the new sounds for the BR. Also after listening to the piano video im sure the flood will be back. I hope we get more on that later this year

After you’ve said that, you’re right. It does sound very “floody”. It sounds very aggressive and mysterious. With the game set on Zeta Halo too…it’s gotta be.

> 2585548714655118;9:
> Lots of awesome / interesting stuff… keeping the excitement levels bubbling along.
>
> Loved that they spend two weeks in Tasmania (home). The Devils are awesome creatures… but they can make some horrific sounds. If you’ve ever tried camping around some angry (or amorous) devils… sigh.

That info every two weeks is fantastic. It’s keeping me on my toes.
And yes! I love how the audio team is really making a good effort to get good sound sourcing. That level of commitment gives me hope that the team are really passionate about what they’re creating.

> 2533274830294676;7:
> > 2533274927740213;5:
> > Anyone else love the look of the Skewer? Not audio related but it looks incredible.
>
> It looks to me like a successor to the spiker. Same design language but with more emphasis on the rifle.

I’m definitely getting a Spiker looking vibe from it too. With it being brute in origin it could be very inspired by that look and feel.

> 2533274919781308;4:
> The Skewer seems like a Banished railgun. That fires a very large spike instead.

That would be awesome! I can imagine a Spartan getting absolutely smashed by a giant spike.

I love how similar the ambient sound effects are to CE’s more ambient music tracks! Having that be dynamic throughout parts of the world will be wonderful!

Generally everything here sounds fantastic. A drastic improvement over 4 and 5’s cheesier audio design, but not necessarily the same retro-game style as classic Halo. It’s new, but powerful and impactful. Realistic yet fantastical.

I love this audio.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> I am absolutely loving that Piano video, dry ice make some of the coolest sounds when you record it. That and the BR sound BEEF, that thing is gonna crunch hard in the game, great stuff!

I agree! Most of those dry ice sounds reminded me of a pack of flood in the distance ready to attack!

Sounds like Jeff Steitzer is returning as well!

> Of course, we didn’t forget about the fans’ favorite Halo MP Announcer voice in there as well!

Thanks OP for compiling everything in one post. Makes the discussion focused and organized. Now my thoughts:

• I’m really excited for this new audio technology, this really feels like a next-gen feature that makes a whole lot of difference.
  • The new sound reverb for the Battle Rifle is a substantial improvement over the Halo 5 one, and btw the new Battle Rifle sounds amazing and powerful.
  • The nearly 3 minute Halo Infinite sound FX sample they provided in the update is a delight to the ears. Lots of good new sounds there.
  • I was expecting some detailing on the soundtrack too, but hopefully we will get there at some point.
  • They confirmed Jeff Steitzer as the Halo anouncer back to Halo Infinite which is great. I hope they bring back his voice also in Warzone matches, since he was absent in Halo 5 maybe because of the audio system they had back then. Now with the new audio technology I hope we can have his voice back without compromising the ambient/ combat audio.
  • It is a personal thing, but it is a bit unconfortable to read 343 devs constantly trashing on Halo 4 and Halo 5 on every opportunity they can. I can’t stress enough how great the audio / soundtrack for Halo 4 and 5 are, and I believe Halo 5’s audio quality is a massive improvement over previous games. I guess Halo Infinite will have even better audio, but they really don’t need to do that all the time.