March Hotfix

After going through the March Hotfix notes, I kind of wanted to ask other players about it.

I did read about buffs to the H5BR and the Carbine, both of which I think were very necessary. But what do you think? Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?

> 2533274944752684;1:
> Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?

Of course it did, and I could give you plenty of examples. But I remember reading something about how they needed to roll out this hotfix sooner than expected because an issue with the local server app was affecting HWC tournaments. Hopefully after all this HWC stuff is over with, they can focus on fixing the other things about Halo 5 that are in desperate need of attention.

> 2533274944752684;1:
> After going through the March Hotfix notes, I kind of wanted to ask other players about it.
>
> I did read about buffs to the H5BR and the Carbine, both of which I think were very necessary. But what do you think? Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?

Yeah, actually doing something about the crappy BR.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> > 2533274944752684;1:
> > Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?
>
> Of course it did, and I could give you plenty of examples. But I remember reading something about how they needed to roll out this hotfix sooner than expected because an issue with the local server app was affecting HWC tournaments. Hopefully after all this HWC stuff is over with, they can focus on fixing the other things about Halo 5 that are in desperate need of attention.

Wasn’t that a delay for the release date by a week? So it released on the 7th instead of the end of February?

> 2533274824050480;3:
> Wasn’t that a delay for the release date by a week? So it released on the 7th instead of the end of February?

Quoting from the March 1st community update:

> These weapon changes were wrapped up and checked in to our internal build as of about two weeks and the original intent was to hold release until after the Halo World Championship concluded. Unfortunately, a critical issue was discovered with the Halo 5 Local Server app at the Orlando and London HaloWC events that requires us to escalate the release of this game update. A fix for this issue was identified earlier this week and the team is currently planning to ship the game update on Wednesday, March 7. Our plans are dependent on an expedited certification pass so there’s always a chance we might run into unexpected issues that delay release. That said, the team is working as quickly as possible and currently has every intention of getting this update out prior to the start of next week’s HaloWC event in Sydney, Australia.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> > 2533274944752684;1:
> > After going through the March Hotfix notes, I kind of wanted to ask other players about it.
> >
> > I did read about buffs to the H5BR and the Carbine, both of which I think were very necessary. But what do you think? Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?
>
> Yeah, actually doing something about the crappy BR.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> > > 2533274944752684;1:
> > > Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?
> >
> > Of course it did, and I could give you plenty of examples. But I remember reading something about how they needed to roll out this hotfix sooner than expected because an issue with the local server app was affecting HWC tournaments. Hopefully after all this HWC stuff is over with, they can focus on fixing the other things about Halo 5 that are in desperate need of attention.
>
> Wasn’t that a delay for the release date by a week? So it released on the 7th instead of the end of February?

I honestly don’t know what the fuss about the BR’s range is all about, but hey, I don’t use that thing much so I might just be ignorant. What I can’t look past is them not buffing the bull-Yoink- Fuel Rod Cannon. God that thing sucks.

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2533274824050480;3:
> > Wasn’t that a delay for the release date by a week? So it released on the 7th instead of the end of February?
>
> Quoting from the March 1st community update:
>
>
> > These weapon changes were wrapped up and checked in to our internal build as of about two weeks and the original intent was to hold release until after the Halo World Championship concluded. Unfortunately, a critical issue was discovered with the Halo 5 Local Server app at the Orlando and London HaloWC events that requires us to escalate the release of this game update. A fix for this issue was identified earlier this week and the team is currently planning to ship the game update on Wednesday, March 7. Our plans are dependent on an expedited certification pass so there’s always a chance we might run into unexpected issues that delay release. That said, the team is working as quickly as possible and currently has every intention of getting this update out prior to the start of next week’s HaloWC event in Sydney, Australia.

Ahh I see. Must have combined in my head the details of the community update where a targeted release date of the end of February was mentioned with the text of the update above.

They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn

> 2533274820208774;7:
> They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn

If we’re replacing rockets, I’d say replace them with a Railgun rather than a redundant Sniper Rifle.

> 2533274944752684;8:
> > 2533274820208774;7:
> > They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn
>
> If we’re replacing rockets, I’d say replace them with a Railgun rather than a redundant Sniper Rifle.

The idea was to remove anti vehicle weapons since its just slayer spartan vs spartan
They should add the beam rifle

> 2533274820208774;9:
> > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > 2533274820208774;7:
> > > They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn
> >
> > If we’re replacing rockets, I’d say replace them with a Railgun rather than a redundant Sniper Rifle.
>
> The idea was to remove anti vehicle weapons since its just slayer spartan vs spartan
> They should add the beam rifle

The thing is that anti-Vehicle weapons also make great Spartan v. Spartan weapons. Beasts like the Rocket Launcher and the Railgun are more reliable and much more fun to use than something like a Beam Rifle. They add to the Slayer experience and the importance of power weapon control.

It’s for noobs, and the splash damage makes it more cheese.
So No. Maybe if it was UNSC Marines vs Spartans, but it’s not, so No.

> 2533274820208774;7:
> They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn

Even I can tell how ridiculous that idea is, and I don’t even play slayer. You think weapons like rockets shouldn’t be on slayer maps because they’re anti-vehicle weapons? How is that even a good reason to lower the diversity of weapons on slayer maps and increase the redundancy of the sniper weapon spawns? BenTennysonOMNI is exactly right, anti-vehicle weapons can also make great anti-Spartan weapons, so that argument is just plain silly. You might as well say sniper rifles shouldn’t be on slayer maps because they can do a lot of damage to vehicles.

And your other reason is that it’s for noobs? No, they don’t remove weapons because they’re “for noobs”, because the idea is that it takes skill to have enough map control to be able to use the weapon that doesn’t take skill to use. It’s surprising how many people don’t even grasp that simple concept. To be honest, you sound like you’re just upset that someone killed you with rockets.

> 2533274944752684;1:
> After going through the March Hotfix notes, I kind of wanted to ask other players about it.
>
> I did read about buffs to the H5BR and the Carbine, both of which I think were very necessary. But what do you think? Did this patch leave things out that you believe were paramount?

Overall, I thought it was a step forward. More work to do though.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274904158628;12:
> > 2533274820208774;7:
> > They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn
>
> I don’t even play slayer.

> 2533274820208774;14:
> > 2533274904158628;12:
> > > They should remove rockets from slayer maps and replace it with a 2nd sniper spawn
> >
> > I don’t even play slayer.

Cherry-picking quotes from Nate doesn’t reflect well on you Oragami.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274820208774;14:
> > 2533274904158628;12:
> >
> > I don’t even play slayer.

+1

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>

What a joke, you are the type to nuke a single solider.
March hotfix is fine. Cant wait to go back to MCC.

Feel free to use the pinned threads if you want to discuss the recent weapon tuning