March 'Audio' Inside Infinite coming next week

What do you think the audio team will talk about?

Audio.

Seriously though it’d be a nice treat to see a weapon audio demonstration in-game, I feel like seeing the weapon model using the sound would convey more than just an .mp4 snippet.

Hopefully we’ll get some more info about the soundtrack, how adaptive will it be? Maybe even something to listen to. Another track from each composer and interviews would be cool.

I’d like them to have a section about voice acting, maybe have Steve and Jen on there to say something. They should also confirm Jeff Steitzer.

To be honest I’m just not a fan of a lot of the sounds in the gameplay demo, so I’m not very interested of hearing them talking about those things, like audio-hitmarkers, new plasma pistol sound, human weapon sounds, shield recharge etc. There is just nothing they can say that will interest me in those things.

They should also dive deeper in how they use sound to bring the world to life.

I’m not sure what they’ll talk about, but I’m definitely excited. H5 is one of the best sounding games I’ve ever played imo. That’s not knocking on any of ther other Halo’s, as their sound design has always been on point.

If there’s one thing that I have really enjoyed from 343’s games, it’s been the sound design though. With a nice pair of headphones you’re listening to a masterpiece.

Wow it felt like we just got those new campaign screenshots last month, where’s time going.

I would love for them to maybe showcase a bunch of weapon sounds, actually in the game and not just the audio recording. We haven’t gotten one of those “Behind the Scenes” of how they make the audio in a while, so even though that’s not much detail, that could be a possibility. Hopefully there’s some more screenshots of the world, and maybe they will release another soundtrack from Infinite.

Soundtrack and weapons have had the most exploration already, so that would make the most sense for further discussion in the Q&A. It would be nice if they throw in a year with a new song (but don’t get your hopes up).

One thing that I’ve always been a little curious about is the audio on GUI and menus. How to you design sound effects for something that is almost entirely abstract? What are real world references for menu sounds? Menus change so much during development, how many iterations of sound do they go through? What do they use to make the sound?
It’s a purely arbitrary fascination but it intrigues me nonetheless.

I would love to see if they have a system implemented for different audio sounds based on whether you are indoors or outdoors. That way when we fire a gun in a long hallway it would have that awesome booming echo sound and would be very different from shooting a gun in the wipe open. Battlefield has always had awesome audio in that regard so I hope Halo can do something similar. I would also love to see little clips of them actually shooting guns in game, even if it’s just them firing the guns in a random blank Forge space.

> 2533275032862638;1:
> What do you think the audio team will talk about?

I’ll preface this by saying that I am an audio engineer by trade, but I must admit that I don’t have a lot of interest in this months Inside Infinite. Seems like we will likely learn very, very little about the game. Audio is a key part of the equation, but unless they are revealing more soundtrack stuff I’m doubtful this will peak that much interest.