Marathon will tie in to Halo 4.

Remember all the crazy conspiracy theories after the halo 3 Legendary ending. Well, they may have some substance, as Microssoft has unwittingly revealed.

I was on the GOW forum asking if there should be a Legacy Unlock for Bulletstorm in GOW Judgement when someone pointed out that Microsoft has said they only allow such unlocks for in the same series.

Well, in Halo Reach we could unlock Marathon nameplates!

I know it’s a longshot (GOW3 PUN!), so let the conspiracy commence!

Or is it just double standards and a sign that Microsoft like Bungie more than Epic!

So do you think Marathon will crossover with Halo 4?

Marathon was Bungie’s game. I do really doubt it’ll in anyway tie into Halo 4.

bungie’s nameplate method was just an email address-gamertag connection. unlike the epic forums.(in fact, why would anyone want to risk ban from a gears game by using their gt on there? pretty sure they close constructive criticism threads, and slap you with an infraction for “trolling”)

> bungie’s nameplate method was just an email address-gamertag connection. unlike the epic forums.(in fact, why would anyone want to risk ban from a gears game by using their gt on there? pretty sure they close constructive criticism threads, and slap you with an infraction for “trolling”)

Actually the GOW forum is a pretty friendly place. People give away codes, and I’ve had loads of help with achievements1

The lores would conflict with each-other far too much.
Regardless, I await the new Halo and Marathon game with much anticipation!

> Remember all the crazy conspiracy theories after the halo 3 Legendary ending. Well, they may have some substance, as Microssoft has unwittingly revealed.
>
> I was on the GOW forum asking if there should be a Legacy Unlock for Bulletstorm in GOW Judgement when someone pointed out that Microsoft has said they only allow such unlocks for in the same series.
>
> Well, in Halo Reach we could unlock Marathon nameplates!
>
> I know it’s a longshot (GOW3 PUN!), so let the conspiracy commence!
>
> Or is it just double standards and a sign that Microsoft like Bungie more than Epic!
>
> So do you think Marathon will crossover with Halo 4?

No, they are different universes.

There are lots of nods to Marathon in Halo;
Keyes has the Marathon logo on his tunic in Halo:CE.
The UNSC has Marathon class cruisers in it’s Navy.
The Monitors, such as 343 Guilty Spark, have the Marathon symbol in and around their eyes.
Some multiplayer maps, like Foundation and Gemini from Halo 2, are almost carbon copies of maps from the Marathon series.

These are just a few of the references…

Marathon is Bungie’s property, 343i can’t use it. At all. Like in the original Halo CE, the Marathon logo was on the PoA. In Anniversary, it was changed. And in the Halo CE logo, the Marathon symbol was in the background. In Anniversary, it was changed to a Monitor.

No, it won’t tie in. I thought it would eventually, but Bungie said no to the tie in between Halo and Marathon. Bungie just made it like that and they knew about it. Marathon is the father of Halo since there are a lot of reference and inspiration.

I wonder whether Bungie gave 343 their ideas for the future of the story, or whether 343 just scrapped it, because I think if Bungie was still in charge they might have crossed over.