Marathon multiplayer?

What if there was a mode/gametype in Halo 5 called marathon where it was round based but each round is a different gametype and the first to 3 wins, wins the whole game. So you would play a round of slayer, and after that round you play one-bomb assault, then the next round is CTF, the next being oddball, and the final round being breakout for example, if it goes to the fifth round. Every two weeks you could have rotating gametypes for the mode to keep it fresh. This is just something I thought about real quick and would like to hear your opinions on if this is a good or bad idea and if there is something you would change to improve this idea.
And finally if you reply, BE CONSTRUCTIVE, don’t type anything in a negative tone, let’s try to keep this civilized.

I think it’s too long of a game type. It would be something more suitable for a ‘group’ or ‘team’ game type. If you could go in solo, chances are you would get crappy teammates, making a three game (or more) marathon, worthless and you would quit. Or THEY would quit. Etc.

> 2535433357507289;2:
> I think it’s too long of a game type. It would be something more suitable for a ‘group’ or ‘team’ game type. If you could go in solo, chances are you would get crappy teammates, making a three game (or more) marathon, worthless and you would quit. Or THEY would quit. Etc.

That’s fair but I also think it would encourage people to form a team and test their skill as a team throughout a variety of game modes, considering that 343 has been adamant about squad based combat for Halo 5.

> 2533274868818056;3:
> > 2535433357507289;2:
> > I think it’s too long of a game type. It would be something more suitable for a ‘group’ or ‘team’ game type. If you could go in solo, chances are you would get crappy teammates, making a three game (or more) marathon, worthless and you would quit. Or THEY would quit. Etc.
>
>
> That’s fair but I also think it would encourage people to form a team and test their skill as a team throughout a variety of game modes, considering that 343 has been adamant about squad based combat for Halo 5.

As much as this would be a semi-decent game type, there are just too many issues, unless SPECIFICALLY for clans or the like.

I think you’re right about this being a clan-only sort of gametype

Perhaps meeting somewhere in the middle between your idea and the gametype “Medal Madness”. Give 5-8 minutes for each game type, first to 2 victories win. Might be a little more doable.