Maps.

I really hope the maps for this game turn out ok. The maps for reach were horrible, every single one. All designed for horrible jet pack-sprint play. Every map from halo 1-2-3 was just pure boss. Did the map creators for the previous halos fall off a cliff like honestly. Basically i just want more peoples opinions on the maps for the previous games and what kinds of maps you want in halo 4. I would love to see a map where it’s raining and thunderstorming, a snow map and like someone said a jungle map. We need colorful environments, reach maps were like grey and ugly.

All the Reach launch maps were horrible. When you design a game around gimmicks like Sprint and Jetpack you don’t really have to make the map flow well because the AA’s are just going to break them anyway… The only launch map that I enjoyed at all was Reflection and that is a remake. If the maps are anything like Defiant or Anniversary we should be ok. The maps need varying themes. If they are all regular maps with blue skies and green grass I’ll puke.

> All the Reach launch maps were horrible. When you design a game around gimmicks like Sprint and Jetpack you don’t really have to make the map flow well because the AA’s are just going to break them anyway… The only launch map that I enjoyed at all was Reflection and that is a remake. If the maps are anything like Defiant or Anniversary we should be ok. The maps need varying themes. If they are all regular maps with blue skies and green grass I’ll puke.

snow and jungle is needed

I would love to see another snow map and jungle sounds awsome, something new that would work great.

I made a thread about map themes a little while back. Click

I love snow maps. :slight_smile:

I loved the Halo 2 map Relic, it is one of my all time favourites, its open yet theres the structure in the middle 2 sniper rifles where the 2 teams battle it out for the both of them. Id like to see more open maps like Relic bought back to Halo 4, if this happens then ill be happy !

343 PLEASE BRING BACK GAURDIAN, THE PIT, CONSTRUCT AND SOME NARROWS. OR AT LEAST MAKE THEM EASY TO FORGE DAMN IT

I would love to see another jungle map for example de mission 343 guilty spark from HALO CE ANNIVERSARY

I like the setting of Standoff on the savanna, same with The Pit. Ghost Town had a cool location too.

Bring back Valhala, The Pit, Standoff, and Highrise.

Then do maps with mixed environments, 1/3 close quarters, 1/3 BTB, 1/3 Medium span.

I have faith in you 343, please recover from Bungie’s mistake.

I really don’t know what to think about the last Halo Bulletin.
Maybe 343i is just trolling, but if not High Ground, Gost Town and Standoff are in the map-pool. I, personally, didn’t like these maps, because I played MLG maps the most, because they are just perfecty balanced and the best maps. Anyway I liked 80% of Halo 3 maps, because they were nearly symmetrical and well balanced, too.

And Halo 3 had just perfect Big Team maps where you could fly with a Hornets or a Banhees, drive with a Warthog, a Scorpion, a Ghost, a Wraith or a Mongoose. In Reach there are only a few good Big Team maps and the good ones are from the community.

I really hope for better maps, without AA’s and without that Reach flow. The only good maps are the Anniversary maps, because they have the typical Halo flow.

> Bring back Valhala, The Pit, Standoff, and Highrise.

Highrise? Do you mean High Ground?

The only map I really enjoy in Reach that came with release is Powerhouse, while the others are just ok. Everything that came in the map packs were great though, both those made by Bungie and Certain Affinity.