Maps you would love to return to halo 4?

Halo 3 had the best maps yet. I’d love it if 343 brought back maps such as high Construct (It is forerunner so maybe?) Or High ground! comment below which maps your wish to return! :slight_smile:

None.

I am really bored of playing the same maps over and over again. I love playing on Blood Gulch, Guardian, Wizard, Beaver and the classic maps as much as the other guy but how many times do we have to relive the past? It’s going to be hard to accept new maps because we are so entrenched in the idea that it’s classic maps or bust but it’s something we have to do.

Honestly, i rather have 343 create their own unique maps from scratch and not rely on past glories to carry Halo forward. It certainly let them stand apart from Bungie’s Halo and I for one, do not miss how Halo 3 had an over abundance of fusion coils (however fun it was to kill people standing beside them).

Though they shouldn’t ignore good map design and why the classic maps were so beloved. Above all else, they should be fun and competitive right out of the box. Simply rehashing the same thing over and over again isn’t going to end well (classic maps work well for the game they were in. Remakes can’t capture that spirit quite as well, if at all).

Snow bound and guardian were my favs.

the pit

Halo 3 - Avalanche, Pit, Guardian, construct, Rat’s Nest and Foundry.

> None.
>
>
> I am really bored of playing the same maps over and over again. I love playing on Blood Gulch, Guardian, Wizard, Beaver and the classic maps as much as the other guy but how many times do we have to relive the past? It’s going to be hard to accept new maps because we are so entrenched in the idea that it’s classic maps or bust but it’s something we have to do.
>
> Honestly, i rather have 343 create their own unique maps from scratch and not rely on past glories to carry Halo forward. It certainly let them stand apart from Bungie’s Halo and I for one, do not miss how Halo 3 had an over abundance of fusion coils (however fun it was to kill people standing beside them).
>
>
> Though they shouldn’t ignore good map design and why the classic maps were so beloved. Above all else, they should be fun and competitive right out of the box. Simply rehashing the same thing over and over again isn’t going to end well (classic maps work well for the game they were in. Remakes can’t capture that spirit quite as well, if at all).

This.

With forge, a lot of classic maps can be remade, usually not as good and look like -Yoink- (Hopefully 4s forge will actually give us more colors to work with) but they can be fan made. Also halo 1, 2, 3 maps were created without AAS in mind, not saying AAs are bad just saying old maps work differently with them.

So it would be better if 343 created there own maps with the past great maps in mind (I miss terminal maybe not the best but I thought it was unique for 1 CTF).

Im pretty sure they confirmed no remakes

Now that Sprint is a native skill I doubt we will see many classic maps. Perhaps we could get some large ones…like Sandtrap or Valhalla, but everyone having Sprint would break most of the small to medium maps.

Just for the love of all that is good, DO NOT PUT ZEALOT IN HALO 4!!!

-_- …That is all.

> Now that Sprint is a native skill I doubt we will see many classic maps. Perhaps we could get some large ones…like Sandtrap or Valhalla, but everyone having Sprint would break most of the small to medium maps.
>
> <mark>Just for the love of all that is good, DO NOT PUT ZEALOT IN HALO 4!!!</mark>
>
> -_- …That is all.

Zealot by far (and IMO) is one of the few tolerable maps in Reach. Not exactly great but leagues above Sword Base and The Cage.

Just as a sub topic does anyone know roughly how many maps they’re going to ship 4 with??

> Just as a sub topic does anyone know roughly how many maps they’re going to ship 4 with??

I believe the number was 10 maps at launch, not including Forged ones.

In addition to DLC, we’ll have 19 (three map packs with three maps each) maps for Halo 4. More if you add in Forge.

Buying the Limited Edition in way, is pre paying for the map packs. So when they release, you’ll have them instead of having to buy points for them.

No old maps! at all! new is good

SIDEWINDER!!! GIVE. ME. SIDEWINDER D8<

On a side note, I think some variation of Blood Gulch is bound to make an appearance.

I kind of want them to focus all map resources on new ones.

BUT, if I HAD to pick some?

My top 3:

Standoff from Halo 3
Highlands from Halo: Reach
Ascension from Halo 2

I’d only want Ascension if it was an EXACT remake.

Battle Creek. Id like to see sort of a Halo4 style re-imagination of Battle Creek, with the same awesome local game experience, but with a fresh new slightly or maybe quite a bit different look, but overall same concepts.

There is no better map for playing with friends in the same room then Battle Creek. Playing online was fun to.

Infinity from Halo CE (pc). I can’t even count how many times my team got steamrolled on that map. It was such a great map for vehicular battles. I think it would cater to a lot of the people wanting large vehicular maps.

Or Death Island, another Halo CE (pc) map. That was s’mores one i’d play for hours and hours.

Guardian, Pit, Lockdown