Maps with Wasps

I have nothing agaisnt wasps being on maps, however, I feel like any map that does should have at least one power weapon capable of being to take it down. There’s a big team map in particular where there are two wasps on each base along with two tanks, yet there are no real power weapons besides the sniper being able to take out the wasp. It’s quite irritating when one player can just fly around in the wasp for half the game unless someone with the sniper shoots it

you can also shoot the wasp with scorpion given you can aim with it? And you can headshot the wasp pilot with sniper rifle without destroying it. Also there is DMR in at least one side of the map which can also be quite effective against the wasp. I cant really think of a map right now that doesnt have a weapon capable of taking down a wasp given you know where to find them, how to use them and that you can use covers for your advantage.

> 2533274803759328;1:
> I have nothing agaisnt wasps being on maps, however, I feel like any map that does should have at least one power weapon capable of being to take it down. There’s a big team map in particular where there are two wasps on each base along with two tanks, yet there are no real power weapons besides the sniper being able to take out the wasp. It’s quite irritating when one player can just fly around in the wasp for half the game unless someone with the sniper shoots it

I found which map you meant it’s called Dispelled and to answer your issue where the sniper spawns there is also a plasma pistol that is between the entrance where the grav lift is in the base and the weapon pad.So it should fix your issue a tad.

In addition of the sniper and plasma pistol at each base, the original non-matchmaking version of Dispelled has a Hydra Launcher in the middle tunnel to help take down wasps. It was removed however by 343 for Matchmaking quality.

> 2533274797303698;4:
> In addition of the sniper and plasma pistol at each base, the original non-matchmaking version of Dispelled has a Hydra Launcher in the middle tunnel to help take down wasps. It was removed however by 343 for Matchmaking quality.

I can definitely see why the decision was made. The hydra may have counteracted the vehicle play a little too much.

But I’ve never played the map with the hydra so I’m just speculating. How do you feel about the decision to remove the hydra?

Well to take the wasp out use your teams wasp, warthog, tank, sniper, plasma pistol, team shoot it with BRs, Light rifles, and I think there is DMRs on the map as well aim for the rotors as that is their weak spot.

Shoot it down with your weapons. Vehicles in this game are paper thin.

In my experience, the issue isn’t with the Wasp. It’s with teams that don’t care to shoot at it with their BR to whittle it down. Everyone plays like “Oh man, that Wasp is killing us! I better not help my team take it down!

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274797303698;4:
> > In addition of the sniper and plasma pistol at each base, the original non-matchmaking version of Dispelled has a Hydra Launcher in the middle tunnel to help take down wasps. It was removed however by 343 for Matchmaking quality.
>
> I can definitely see why the decision was made. The hydra may have counteracted the vehicle play a little too much.
>
> But I’ve never played the map with the hydra so I’m just speculating. How do you feel about the decision to remove the hydra?

I think for Matchmaking it was the correct decision due to the fact there are BR starts. The Hydra was intended with Mag starts in mind for a bit more firepower, it also helped direct more foot traffic into the center. Overall I am very happy with both Versions. I definitely recommend trying Dispelled with Mag Starts on the original version if you haven’t done so yet. :wink:

That Standoff remake has a ton of counters to the Wasp-

-Two Rocket Launchers
-One Splaser
-Two Plasma Pistols
-Two Hydras
-Two Hogs
-Two Chainguns

11 total. That’s the only map I know of that has a Wasp, but I don’t play much BTB because of the companies who, individually, lack skill. At least they make up for it in numbers. You know it’s bad when you need three people to win a fight against one [and that one still lowers all of your shields]

> 2533274803759328;1:
> I have nothing agaisnt wasps being on maps, however, I feel like any map that does should have at least one power weapon capable of being to take it down. There’s a big team map in particular where there are two wasps on each base along with two tanks, yet there are no real power weapons besides the sniper being able to take out the wasp. It’s quite irritating when one player can just fly around in the wasp for half the game unless someone with the sniper shoots it

Grab a hydra and the wasp(S) will be down in seconds.