MAPS, will they be interactive?

What I mean as interactive is as follows;

In the map can you for example “double tap A to jump over a ledge” or “press Y to slide down the hill” or “press X to climb the ladder” or “press B to take cover” whether it be around a corner standing or crouching behind a wall?

I am going to assume an unfortunate answer of “No.”

But my reasoning behind why this would make the multiplayer ‘experience’ that much better is because this gives people constant use of their minds and their hands. The action and game feels more real because the environment surrounding you is actually “there” in essence. Now I know Halo has never been about that, but with all of the dramatic and new changes they have already made this Halo looks to be very… new. Similar controls but a completely revamped system of how multiplayer is defined and brings in an element of CoD via skins and load outs.

It is missing however a very enjoyed aspect. One that gears of war and battlefield bathe in - and that is the interactive part of the maps.

Looking at what Halo 4 is bringing to the table this time, it would be almost wrong to stop at what seems to be a very possible change with such a high tech, well-funded developer in 343. They have the talent and capability to achieve this proposal, and I am not sure if others have ever stated this opinion or not but it could be done.

I know Halo does not really fall under a “realistic” type of game but this realism thrown into a scientifically futuristic world would create for an epic experience. People want the experience of the game. That is what makes it so… well entertaining. This may come off as a persuasive essay of sorts but I assure you this is all my opinion and am looking to see what others think about this.

Also, will explosions be more dramatic? i.e. more dirt thrown up in the air and the sounds of shell shock? Again this contributing to a more battle-esque type of experience in the best world - the world of halo -

Thanks for taking the time out to read this, hope to get great responses !!

Ehhhh, i’m not liking this idea. It works well in those games, but if they implemented that into Halo it DEFINITELY would lose a lot of its feeling.

I suppose you have a point, I hope you see what I am getting at though. I still will love the game just thought that would be different.

Do you suppose that explosions and sound effects will be more detailed and dramatic though? I also love the shell shock effect it brings a cool feel to the fight.

an experience like that would be better ventured by a different shooter, just doesn’t fit halo’s style, seeing as Spartans can jump really high anyways for example.

honestly i’d just settle for button-operated doors and gates, kind of like the one from High Ground in Halo 3, only you can close it after it’s open, and you can have it closed on team gametypes instead of free-for-all playlists.

I thought about like the map highground in halo 3 i think its called or that other maps when u press the X button for like opening a gate, i thought thats wat u ment by interactive, to be honest i enjoyed those interactions and well the ones u mentioned, well certainly their cool but in halo, halo is halo lol and thats why we fans(as long as u enjoy it) love it for what it is.

I totally get what all of you are saying, just looking to see all of your opinions. Thanks for the feedback, it was just a thought and idea that seems good in my mind but in game would lessen the fluidity of the gameplay that defines halo for what it is.

I would still like to see cooler effects ( more dramatic explosions with shell shock )

> honestly i’d just settle for button-operated doors and gates, kind of like the one from High Ground in Halo 3, only you can close it after it’s open, and you can have it closed on team gametypes instead of free-for-all playlists.

I loved these, still a good idea, i think.

Agreed, just simple things in the maps to make them seem a little more real and broaden the experience

> Agreed, just simple things in the maps to make them seem a little more real and broaden the experience

how cool would it be to have actual working elevators in maps, with the elevator music and everything.

> > Agreed, just simple things in the maps to make them seem a little more real and broaden the experience
>
> how cool would it be to have actual working elevators in maps, with the elevator music and everything.

lmao yeah that would really heighten the intensity of your game

Some of those things work well in certain games (like sliding in Vanquish) but as others have said, putting them in Halo would make it a completely different game. Now, if they ever do more spin-offs then I think this gameplay would be great for one where you play as a Marine or an ODST, except for the button based cover system. I can’t stand those.

Definitely a no on the climbing ledges and stuff. Halo is a relatively simple game, lets keep it that way. As for stuff like the buttons to open doors like on Standoff and Last Resort, yes.

the most interactive i want a map to be is at about the same level as zanzibar in halo2/3

Lol OK OK guys I see the ideas I have are just not meant for the halo universe. I have been an avid player of halo since halo 2. These were just ideas that seemed like they could add a new element to the experience we will jump into Nov. 6th. However, I am surprised no one has yet to put in any opinion on my grenades question.

Do any of you think that there will be more dramatic explosions, and shell shock?

Love the Idea, but seems a little odd for halo.
maybe customs or forge to make really awesome indiana jones sprint race maps.

> Love the Idea, but seems a little odd for halo.
> maybe customs or forge to make really awesome indiana jones sprint race maps.

that would for sure be fun while fighting off forerunners or covenant ha, I’m sure as halo evolves and technology evolves the gameplay will change in due time.

thanks for the post !

> Lol OK OK guys I see the ideas I have are just not meant for the halo universe. I have been an avid player of halo since halo 2. These were just ideas that seemed like they could add a new element to the experience we will jump into Nov. 6th. However, I am surprised no one has yet to put in any opinion on my grenades question.
>
> <mark>Do any of you think that there will be more dramatic explosions, and shell shock?</mark>

Again, I don’t think those kinds of effects would make sense in a game where you play as a Spartan. You’d need a massive explosion to counter Mjolnir’s protections.

No, it isn’t a good idea to have such interactivity.

A few buttons here and there like in past Halo 3 is okay,.but not too much.

> Interactive maps

I thought the core thing with ‘map interactions’ meant… Will there be switches, doors, bridges etc with the game prompting you to use or open…