Maps that suck

Take out Pegasus in general.

Any specific reason why? Feedback is always welcomed, but saying that a map sucks, remove it, doesn’t really help anyone. What do you like / not like about it, what would you change, what do you think should change?

If I might lend my own opinion to this thread and express why I don’t like Pegasus…

It is essentially spawn-kill central. Most of the spawns seem to take place in the immediate vicinity of that narrow stretch between the top back red corner, and the bottom blue one. And once the game has begun, and you find yourself at the mercy of the other team, what you get is several minutes of getting killed right off the spawn, again and again and again, and in a game that will punish the ever-loving shiet out of you if you decide you don’t want to be psychologically violated for several minutes at a time, you’re basically forced to sit there and endure it. It’s not fun. It is too small, and too open, it invites this kind of inevitable one way beating.

The fact that the maps in general are somewhat designed around being able to clamber everywhere, it becomes even harder to make a comeback or participate in any meaningful way. And that same narrow stretch, and that circular highpoint that overlooks both the bottom blue spawn, and that flat area, low and to the right of the top red corner is great for what in the case of this map would amount to cross-mapping. Which given one of the two areas it overlooks, means that the spawn-killing can continue in the event that anyone at the top can’t hit those below.

Now it isn’t all bad. Provided a team can actually seize control of the top red corner, it is possible to make a comeback, if your team is good enough…but then it’s just more of the same isn’t it? Same torture different whipping boy.

For this, and similar reasons I suspect, this map is not overly popular. It’s likely to either be great, or terrible depending on your typical experience on that map, but I’m inclined to think that for most players, it is not an ideal map to play on.

> 2533274808874789;3:
> If I might lend my own opinion to this thread and express why I don’t like Pegasus…
>
> It is essentially spawn-kill central. Most of the spawns seem to take place in the immediate vicinity of that narrow stretch between the top back red corner, and the bottom blue one. And once the game has begun, and you find yourself at the mercy of the other team, what you get is several minutes of getting killed right off the spawn, again and again and again, and in a game that will punish the ever-loving shiet out of you if you decide you don’t want to be psychologically violated for several minutes at a time, you’re basically forced to sit there and endure it. It’s not fun. It is too small, and too open, it invites this kind of inevitable one way beating.
>
> The fact that the maps in general are somewhat designed around being able to clamber everywhere, it becomes even harder to make a comeback or participate in any meaningful way. And that same narrow stretch, and that circular highpoint that overlooks both the bottom blue spawn, and that flat area, low and to the right of the top red corner is great for what in the case of this map would amount to cross-mapping. Which given one of the two areas it overlooks, means that the spawn-killing can continue in the event that anyone at the top can’t hit those below.
>
> Now it isn’t all bad. Provided a team can actually seize control of the top red corner, it is possible to make a comeback, if your team is good enough…but then it’s just more of the same isn’t it? Same torture different whipping boy.
>
> For this, and similar reasons I suspect, this map is not overly popular. It’s likely to either be great, or terrible depending on your typical experience on that map, but I’m inclined to think that for most players, it is not an ideal map to play on.

I don’t agree with this for a couple of reasons.

  1. despite holding the high ground (red tower) the other side of the map still spawns an OS (over shield) every few minutes.
  2. pishing a team out of red tower is not impossible. I’ve done it many times with my squad.
  3. I don’t exactly see how holding red tower is a spawn trap. Yes you have the advantage, yes you have the high ground. But spawning blue on the other side of the map doesn’t mean, take five steps and die.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Any specific reason why? Feedback is always welcomed, but saying that a map sucks, remove it, doesn’t really help anyone. What do you like / not like about it, what would you change, what do you think should change?

Getting Spawned trapped at Car or OS.
Not allot of options when getting out of spawned trapped. Map movement is terrible.
Lightfifle spot is hard to Push-up under full control, when they both have sniper and rockets.
Put an Option for Back route or add a lower layer for an escape route on Car.
Sniper should be Replaced with Railgun/or Fuel Rod.
Rockets should be taken out
OS should be moved to rocket spawn.

na the map is fine as it is. Maps like Rig and Stasis need work on since you can cross so easily in that.

I hate all of the remakes

> 2533274875692639;5:
> > 2533274813317074;2:
> > Any specific reason why? Feedback is always welcomed, but saying that a map sucks, remove it, doesn’t really help anyone. What do you like / not like about it, what would you change, what do you think should change?
>
>
> Getting Spawned trapped at Car or OS.
> Not allot of options when getting out of spawned trapped. Map movement is terrible.
> Lightfifle spot is hard to Push-up under full control, when they both have sniper and rockets.
> Put an Option for Back route or add a lower layer for an escape route on Car.
> Sniper should be Replaced with Railgun/or Fuel Rod.
> Rockets should be taken out
> OS should be moved to rocket spawn.

I disagree with this

> 2533275008405049;8:
> > 2533274875692639;5:
> > > 2533274813317074;2:
> > > Any specific reason why? Feedback is always welcomed, but saying that a map sucks, remove it, doesn’t really help anyone. What do you like / not like about it, what would you change, what do you think should change?
> >
> >
> > Getting Spawned trapped at Car or OS.
> > Not allot of options when getting out of spawned trapped. Map movement is terrible.
> > Lightfifle spot is hard to Push-up under full control, when they both have sniper and rockets.
> > Put an Option for Back route or add a lower layer for an escape route on Car.
> > Sniper should be Replaced with Railgun/or Fuel Rod.
> > Rockets should be taken out
> > OS should be moved to rocket spawn.
>
>
> I disagree with this

This infamous Carbine spawn can become a trap, and is the worst spawn in the whole game. The game doesn’t register if an enemy at red nest is looking right at the spawn with a sniper rifle, and this can break a game if that team is positioned well enough to force that spawn.
Pushing Red Nest can become quite daunting, especially when they have both power weapons and/or shotgun. Red Nest itself is the spot to be to gain a lead on Pegasus .It is the only spot on the map that has direct access to both Sniper and Rocks, with Shotgun close by and a back up Light Rifle. The only time anyone leaves is if they are running out of ammo or do not have the ability to contest in CQC.

That being said the map isn’t terrible, just needs a few light tweaks, mainly just remove that singular death spawn and maybe some weapon rotation. If the Light Rifle at Red Nest were to be switched with the carbine in…well Carbine Room, this could help the balance a little bit. As of right now the weapon placement favors Red Nest with all tier 2 and 3 weapons on that half of the map.

In my opinion, the map itself is not that bad, but the weapon placement would need to be changed. Indeed, red tower has a too direct access to sniper and rocket, and having control of red tower gives a really great (too much?) advantage over the opposing team. Maybe a sniper where OS is could balance a little bit a match, or something else, I don’t know, but clearly something could be made with weapon settings to even out the map, and eventually the games.

SNPR

> 2533274810191683;9:
> > 2533275008405049;8:
> > > 2533274875692639;5:
> > > > 2533274813317074;2:
> > > > Any specific reason why? Feedback is always welcomed, but saying that a map sucks, remove it, doesn’t really help anyone. What do you like / not like about it, what would you change, what do you think should change?
> > >
> > >
> > > Getting Spawned trapped at Car or OS.
> > > Not allot of options when getting out of spawned trapped. Map movement is terrible.
> > > Lightfifle spot is hard to Push-up under full control, when they both have sniper and rockets.
> > > Put an Option for Back route or add a lower layer for an escape route on Car.
> > > Sniper should be Replaced with Railgun/or Fuel Rod.
> > > Rockets should be taken out
> > > OS should be moved to rocket spawn.
> >
> >
> > I disagree with this
>
>
> This infamous Carbine spawn can become a trap, and is the worst spawn in the whole game. The game doesn’t register if an enemy at red nest is looking right at the spawn with a sniper rifle, and this can break a game if that team is positioned well enough to force that spawn.
> Pushing Red Nest can become quite daunting, especially when they have both power weapons and/or shotgun. Red Nest itself is the spot to be to gain a lead on Pegasus .It is the only spot on the map that has direct access to both Sniper and Rocks, with Shotgun close by and a back up Light Rifle. The only time anyone leaves is if they are running out of ammo or do not have the ability to contest in CQC.
>
> That being said the map isn’t terrible, just needs a few light tweaks, mainly just remove that singular death spawn and maybe some weapon rotation. If the Light Rifle at Red Nest were to be switched with the carbine in…well Carbine Room, this could help the balance a little bit. As of right now the weapon placement favors Red Nest with all tier 2 and 3 weapons on that half of the map.

Sniper replace with Fuel-Rod
And Rockets for OS