Maps in SWAT

Any news on getting more maps added back into SWAT? It’s easily my favorite way to play Halo, but it gets really old playing the same few maps again, I had so much more fun when Stasis, Overgrowth, Molten, Riptide, Fathom, and more were still included.

If they are hesitant to put more maps in for competitive reasons, lets have a social version of SWAT with lots of maps and a ranked version with only a few maps.

As far as maps go, so many just seem like the exact same thing as each other, just a different skin. I would love to play ranked/social on some classic maps. Its unfortunate because i feel like halo 3 had many amazing maps, yet in halo 5 i can’t really pin point one map that stands out or that is enjoyable in btb/arena. They are all kinda blah. Halo 5 forge maps should be way more utilized, i have no idea why they aren’t? Maybe there is a reason, would love an answer though. Halo 3 throwback maps were the best maps this game has seen in my opinion.

I agree, the maps are getting a little stale. I would love to get more maps.

> 2533274826044245;2:
> As far as maps go, so many just seem like the exact same thing as each other, just a different skin. I would love to play ranked/social on some classic maps. Its unfortunate because i feel like halo 3 had many amazing maps, yet in halo 5 i can’t really pin point one map that stands out or that is enjoyable in btb/arena. They are all kinda blah. Halo 5 forge maps should be way more utilized, i have no idea why they aren’t? Maybe there is a reason, would love an answer tough. Halo 3 throwback maps were the best maps this game has seen in my opinion.

I couldn’t agree more with you.

In Halo 3 I knew all that maps in and out, all the best spots, all the names.

In Halo 5, if you talk about a map by name. I have no idea what map you’re talking about. They’re all “meh”.

I know the game is done with content updates as a whole, but with the rotational playlists coming in & out, is it possible to utilize the forge maps? The halo community is incredibly talented when it comes to remakes & map design. Only makes sense to use whats right infront of you? But im sure this is easier said then done. If even possible at this point. But it would keep things fresh

I stopped playing swat more for the fact that they put to many variants into the playlist rather then what maps were in rotation. I feel like 343 worried more about what pro’s thought I were good maps vs. What the community thought was fun. I’d love to see the maps you mentioned reintroduced back in, along with the removal of h1 pistols. Maybe it’s a good thing they don’t do that though because I would never get off my xbox. Does any body else feel like there are to many gun modes? I think dmr, br, and pistols is enough. I don’t think h1 pistols and h2 br play well. Of course that is my opinion. Don’t get me wrong halo 2 br is fun, but there is more of a skill gap with H5 br that I find more rewarding. Also, I don’t get who keeps pushing Orion and Pegasus in game modes they (again in my opinion) are garbage.

I would like a social SWAT with more maps very much.

> 2533274989460468;1:
> Any news on getting more maps added back into SWAT? It’s easily my favorite way to play Halo, but it gets really old playing the same few maps again, I had so much more fun when Stasis, Overgrowth, Molten, Riptide, Fathom, and more were still included.
>
> If they are hesitant to put more maps in for competitive reasons, lets have a social version of SWAT with lots of maps and a ranked version with only a few maps.

yeah, some other arena maps would be cool

agreed, personally i don’t understand why they don’t put all map for all time…

i prefer to get a lof of different map than always the same .

> 2533274929765385;6:
> I stopped playing swat more for the fact that they put to many variants into the playlist rather then what maps were in rotation. I feel like 343 worried more about what pro’s thought I were good maps vs. What the community thought was fun. I’d love to see the maps you mentioned reintroduced back in, along with the removal of h1 pistols. Maybe it’s a good thing they don’t do that though because I would never get off my xbox. Does any body else feel like there are to many gun modes? I think dmr, br, and pistols is enough. I don’t think h1 pistols and h2 br play well. Of course that is my opinion. Don’t get me wrong halo 2 br is fun, but there is more of a skill gap with H5 br that I find more rewarding. Also, I don’t get who keeps pushing Orion and Pegasus in game modes they (again in my opinion) are garbage.

I agree with you. It should only be BR Swat, DMR Swat and Magnum Swat. Although I hate magnums.

Not H2BR or Halo CE Pistol. That you could put in action sack or something.

> 2533274848842493;10:
> > 2533274929765385;6:
> > I stopped playing swat more for the fact that they put to many variants into the playlist rather then what maps were in rotation. I feel like 343 worried more about what pro’s thought I were good maps vs. What the community thought was fun. I’d love to see the maps you mentioned reintroduced back in, along with the removal of h1 pistols. Maybe it’s a good thing they don’t do that though because I would never get off my xbox. Does any body else feel like there are to many gun modes? I think dmr, br, and pistols is enough. I don’t think h1 pistols and h2 br play well. Of course that is my opinion. Don’t get me wrong halo 2 br is fun, but there is more of a skill gap with H5 br that I find more rewarding. Also, I don’t get who keeps pushing Orion and Pegasus in game modes they (again in my opinion) are garbage.
>
> I agree with you. It should only be BR Swat, DMR Swat and Magnum Swat. Although I hate magnums.
>
> Not H2BR or Halo CE Pistol. That you could put in action sack or something.

I’m actually liking the BR less and less. Although it can be good in close quarters, at range it misses all the time for me.

I would like a SWAT with BR and DMR on the same loadout, and then Magnum SWAT.

I don’t expect 343 to make new maps, but bring back all the maps they already made. Take Mercy out and put in Fathom. Would be nice if 343 rotated maps in and out every month or so.

They took out the maps because people were supposedly quitting out of them too much.
I find that hard to believe considering swat used to be all I played and some maps taken out I hardly if ever saw anyone quit, while maps that are still in I saw people quit from constantly.

The H1 pistol should be removed. It would be fine for social swat, but for a ranked mode it’s far too inconsistent. The H2 br is fine to me. It’s accurate and It’s swipe kills are amazing.

I am a die hard swat kid. I’d love to see some more maps. Molten, Riptide, Fathom, even Overgrown. Even some forge maps like they did in H4 would be appreciated. The playlist is getting stale. I’d like to see the H5 BR improved for swat because getting a distance kill with it can be tedious. I also thoroughly enjoy H2 BR swat as well. H1 swat should be removed. It just doesn’t seem accurate enough especially at higher ranks where speed and accuracy are key. I’d love to see swat stay a ranked playlist but if they would make both a social and Ranked Swat, I feel like a lot more of the community would be pleased. Just more maps is all I want. I’ve been playing MCC when the maps are getting too stale.