Maps and Matchmaking

Ok, so 343i is going to hopefully do everything they can to improve Halo Reach matchmaking. One of the first things they should do is remove/add/improve forge maps.

REMOVING

Every playlist includes at least one forge map (besides DLC only) and I do not have a problem with that, but there are some forge maps that are unnecessary. Some are poorly forged and other just don’t work with Reach. I’m not saying people don’t like to play them. There are just so many maps in matchmaking that are unprofessional and need to be removed. We all know those maps we hate. Why Bungie decided to add some of the forge maps they did, is beyond me.

A few maps that I think could be removed include:

-Kingdom
-Think Twice
-Mt. Lamblamb
-Château

Those are just a few. I just think a majority of the forge maps in matchmaking could be replaced/improved.

ADDING

After removing all the old, not-so-good, maps, 343i would need to replace them with some better ones. What I mean by “better” is not what I want, but rather maps that look and work better.

The following are a just few maps I would recommend (with links):

-PIT (Remake!)
-Sierra
-Confined
-Cynosure
-Transit (Seriously one of the best, Really unique, Check it out!)
-Camp Forman (Amazing Zanzibar/Last Resort Remake that is a must for the BTB playlist.)

And those are just a few. There are so many more that are 10x better than the forge maps in the playlist. I think playlists like Swat, Multi Team, and Snipers need more maps. Why not use some great forge maps (I really miss pit for snipers, swat, and multiteam :))?

IMPROVING:

Originally Bungie made maps in forge to demonstrate the powers of forge world. It’s been awhile since the release of Reach and some of those maps have some better remakes and fixes. Here are a few maps that have been improved/fixed:

-Sanctum: Asylum improved, by a lot.
-Altitude: Improved Pinnacle, more like Ascension from
H2.
-Recaged: An even better version of uncaged/caged.

I also think there is a better version of Hemorrhage.

Closing Statements

The maps currently in matchmaking do not bring Reach to it’s full potential. If certain maps were added/removed, I can see Reach having a bright future. I also think more forge and default maps need to be added to snipers, swat, and other playlists.

Bottom Line: Remove forge maps that are not so good, and replace them with new maps that are better looking and play better.

Btw: All Credits for the maps go to the Forgers!

Can you specify what maps need to be removed?

> Can you specify what maps need to be removed?

in my opinion? almost all of them

> > Can you specify what maps need to be removed?
>
> in my opinion? almost all of them

Not very many are out-right terrible. There are just too many.

> > > Can you specify what maps need to be removed?
> >
> > in my opinion? almost all of them
>
> Not very many are out-right terrible. There are just too many.

I’m not saying they are out-right terrible, but I think there are better maps that can replace them.