Map Selection/Radar is Broken

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t there 7 maps within arena slayer? If so, why is it that after playing almost 3 hours worth of arena slayer, I’ve managed to play on “The Rig” 80% of the time? I’m not a master at map design, but I REALLY don’t like the map. I’m not sure why you would emphasize certain maps within the hopper when people are just now picking up the game and finding what they like. I’ll probably put the controller down if I have to play on “The Rig” one more time. Please address this. I’m hoping 343 made a single strong map that relates to “The Pit” and “Guardian.” I can’t do another Halo that has such bland standard maps.

Two unrelated ideas. But from what I’ve seen so far, radar needs to cover more distance to accommodate the faster pace of the game. Theres no point in having a radar if the spartan shooting me doesn’t show up on my radar, even though he is clearly right in a reasonable range to be detected.

Also bump your sensitivity up. I played on 3 for all the other games prior. I’m on 5 now because everyone runs away and moves crazy fast.

Map rotation is probably random and random is something that most people don’t understand. Random can mean you get the same map 4 times in a row or not even once for 2 hours. That doesnt mean a map is emphasized. I played a lot last night and i got a super balanced selection.

They went over the change to shorter radar distance in a recent video, and they provided a good explanation and reasoning for it.

I also bumped my sensitivity up to 7.

Are you leaving the lobby after the game? is there even a lobby? (have not played yet)

Yeah, they discussed how with feedback from the Beta and the Pro-team, they cut back the radar distance from 30 to 18 feet. You should check out the video, I don’t remember exactly which one it was, but I think it was one of the Sprint videos.

> 2533274831330690;1:
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t there 7 maps within arena slayer? If so, why is it that after playing almost 3 hours worth of arena slayer, I’ve managed to play on “The Rig” 80% of the time? I’m not a master at map design, but I REALLY don’t like the map. I’m not sure why you would emphasize certain maps within the hopper when people are just now picking up the game and finding what they like. I’ll probably put the controller down if I have to play on “The Rig” one more time. Please address this. I’m hoping 343 made a single strong map that relates to “The Pit” and “Guardian.” I can’t do another Halo that has such bland standard maps.
>
> Two unrelated ideas. But from what I’ve seen so far, radar needs to cover more distance to accommodate the faster pace of the game. Theres no point in having a radar if the spartan shooting me doesn’t show up on my radar, even though he is clearly right in a reasonable range to be detected.
>
> Also bump your sensitivity up. I played on 3 for all the other games prior. I’m on 5 now because everyone runs away and moves crazy fast.

I play on 1 sensitivity (since 2001), yet seem to be on top of leaderboards a fair amount of time. It’s all preference and what you can handle.

I noticed the radar is useless as well. You’re dead before you can even see anyone on it. After about 30 minutes, I stopped using it entirely.

After about an hour of playing arena last night, I managed to not play on Fathom a grand total of 2 times, so the current hopper system definitely is NOT working.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> Are you leaving the lobby after the game? is there even a lobby? (have not played yet)

No, you get something called Intermission for like 20 sec and then it continues searching automatically with your party.