Map remakes: My rant

I’ll start it off with this: Why the hell does everyone want Lockout/Valhalla/Zanzibar too be remade so bloody much??? A lot of other maps deserve it more, and by the numbers of posts that just say “Lockout” you’re stereotyping the community, and leaving a bad impression on 343i’s thought into your opinion! Argh. Just pisses me off, that every remake thread is “Lockout plz, Lockout makes me nergasm”.

I say we just have new maps instead of remakes. New Game = New Maps

Wanting good maps remade is bad for the community?

It’s only their recommendation, who knows if it’ll be in the game or not.

Well it just seems that you’re being sooky because the majority of the community are asking for maps to be remade that you don’t agree with and you’re just getting upset that you might not end up having your way.

> Well it just seems that you’re being sooky because the majority of the community are asking for maps to be remade that you don’t agree with and you’re just getting upset that you might not end up having your way.

There really isn’t anything more that needs to be said, but, since I’m a loudmouth:

People generally don’t vote for maps that “deserve” to be remade (how can one even measure such a thing?), but rather the maps that they have most enjoyed over the years. On these forums, as in life, you need to accept that things won’t always go your way; simply register your own interest in the maps that you enjoy, and resign yourself to the outcome.

I’d like original maps for the original game, though Flashback DLC map pack would be great.

But the badness of Reach maps makes me think maybe it would be better if we just got remakes of tried and true maps instead of 343 trying to force themselves to bring new maps. Then again I’m not sold on the Anniversary remakes so maybe even those classics could be ruined. I dunno, do whatever.

> But the badness of Reach maps makes me think maybe it would be better if we just got remakes of tried and true maps instead of 343 trying to force themselves to bring new maps.

I find it amusing that just because people disliked certain aspects of Reach (bloom and the armour abilities, to name the most obvious), they have subconsciously extended that dislike to cover every other aspect of the game.

Halo 3 maps should only be remade after the vast amount of maps in Halo 2 that have never before been remade.

> > But the badness of Reach maps makes me think maybe it would be better if we just got remakes of tried and true maps instead of 343 trying to force themselves to bring new maps.
>
> I find it amusing that just because people disliked certain aspects of Reach (bloom and the armour abilities, to name the most obvious), they have subconsciously extended that dislike to cover every other aspect of the game.

People, some, are just on that bandwagon for hating reach, even when their reasonings don’t match up and they continue to play it.

I will never understand this…

I would rather have completely new maps. Not so revamped versions.

Blood Gulch. Sidewinder. Beaver Creek. Death Island. thats all im asking for when it comes to Remakes for Halo 4

I would love to see some NEW maps cause the remade maps made sense cause of CEA if you look at the halo CE maps compared to the new ones its like night and day halo 3 maps are not ugly at all they all look new and don’t need to be remade. Don’t remake maps that are not that old

> > But the badness of Reach maps makes me think maybe it would be better if we just got remakes of tried and true maps instead of 343 trying to force themselves to bring new maps.
>
> I find it amusing that just because people disliked certain aspects of Reach (bloom and the armour abilities, to name the most obvious), they have subconsciously extended that dislike to cover every other aspect of the game.

While its true that some users hate on thinks they don’t realize aren’t the problem, maps were certainly an issue in Reach. Most of these maps were made “bad” by the mechanics, however. Remakes simply didn’t work with the new mechanics, but others worked pretty well with the mechanics. These maps, however, had to be longer to account for sprint. They were generally verticle maps, to make JP usefull. They couldn’t have CQC areas, otherwise AL would dominate.

All this came down to a major lack of variety. It’s hard to say that any map was better, because they all played the same.

Hasn’t experience taught you guys that very rarely are remade maps as good as you remember? Remember all the rage at Blackout?

> Hasn’t experience taught you guys that very rarely are remade maps as good as you remember? Remember all the rage at Blackout?

Last Resort was great, almost as good as Zanzibar. /Opinion.

> > Hasn’t experience taught you guys that very rarely are remade maps as good as you remember? Remember all the rage at Blackout?
>
> Last Resort was great, almost as good as Zanzibar. /Opinion.

Hence rarely.

Double Post.