Map Packs?

Why have Bungie and 343 both released pointless maps, sure they look nice but they offer no new gameplay features which sucks and kinda voids the reason of me getting the map packs as the maps are just too open and just unbalanced to play on.

I am talking about Defiance of course and I will say that I think they should have done a lot more as to make a good impression with the community. Anyone else feel the same way?

> Why have Bungie and 343 both released pointless maps, sure they look nice but they offer no new gameplay features which sucks and kinda voids the reason of me getting the map packs as the maps are just too open and just unbalanced to play on.
>
> I am talking about Defiance of course and I will say that I think they should have done a lot more as to make a good impression with the community. Anyone else feel the same way?

No, I do not feel the same. Did you buy them and play them or are you basing your post off of other’s opinions and videos?

> Why have Bungie and 343 both released pointless maps, sure they look nice but they offer no new gameplay features which sucks and kinda voids the reason of me getting the map packs as the maps are just too open and just unbalanced to play on.
>
> I am talking about Defiance of course and I will say that I think they should have done a lot more as to make a good impression with the community. Anyone else feel the same way?

pointless? lol…the point is to play matchmaking on new maps instead of the same that shipped with the game. No the dont add new gameplay feature that would probably require a title update. But it does offer new strategys for each map.

What new strategies?

lol it added a new kind of invasion map, a new kind of firefight map, and bigger and badder btb map, best small map yet and a couple of other ok maps.

Yeah, I like the DLC maps over the built in maps! Can’t wait for the Noble 2 Map pack!

>

Dont agree with ya. Highlands is by far the best mp map in Reach. Unearthed is Lost Platoon from ODST on crack. If 343 sticks to maps like these they will make many ppl happy.

Scott, you’re posting on the 343 forums, the users are all going to disagree.

Creme Egg bought the maps, he has played them first hand. He hasn’t seen a youtube video where somebody is flaming it to hell.

Fanboys lol

Bungie released new things for the forge in the new maps which was pretty cool, it wouldn’t kill them to add in a new vehicle or too. The maps I have played are terrible with a few exceptions of course, the purchase is not really worth it though if the mjority of the maps are for BT. I like the way they look and all but you all may be blinded by this as the gameplay is unbalanced, especially on Highlands.

> > Why have Bungie and 343 both released pointless maps, sure they look nice but they offer no new gameplay features which sucks and kinda voids the reason of me getting the map packs as the maps are just too open and just unbalanced to play on.
> >
> > I am talking about Defiance of course and I will say that I think they should have done a lot more as to make a good impression with the community. Anyone else feel the same way?
>
> pointless? lol…the point is to play matchmaking on new maps instead of the same that shipped with the game. No the dont add new gameplay feature that would probably require a title update. But it does offer new strategys for each map.

Too bad Bungie ripped everyone off with the “shipped” maps and gave us a bunch of forged ones …

On topic: I have to disagree when it comes to the defiant map pack. I love both the maps. Especially highlands. Everyone says it’s pointless and too open in the middle. I say it isn’t. People just don’t know how to play on it. I love the Firefight map Unearthed too. It’s my favorite firefight area thus far. The Noble map pack was a waste of my Microsoft points though. I’m glad Bungie doesn’t make anymore maps for the game. They only copy and paste from campaign then add/remove parts here and there …

> Fanboys lol
>
> Bungie released new things for the forge in the new maps which was pretty cool, it wouldn’t kill them to add in a new vehicle or too. The maps I have played are terrible with a few exceptions of course, the purchase is not really worth it though if the mjority of the maps are for BT. I like the way they look and all but you all may be blinded by this as the gameplay is unbalanced, especially on Highlands.

So just because we like the new maps and you don’t, we are fanboys? That is interesting. Highlands is one of the best BTB maps Halo has to offer. It takes a lot of the good parts from other BTB maps and mashes them all together. I don’t see any harsh unbalancing on Highlands at all.

Condemned doesn’t feel unbalanced for me either. I love the layout of the map, especially when people get lost in it. LOL

I would have bought the maps when they released, but I received an early code.

> > Fanboys lol
> >
> > Bungie released new things for the forge in the new maps which was pretty cool, it wouldn’t kill them to add in a new vehicle or too. The maps I have played are terrible with a few exceptions of course, the purchase is not really worth it though if the mjority of the maps are for BT. I like the way they look and all but you all may be blinded by this as the gameplay is unbalanced, especially on Highlands.
>
> So just because we like the new maps and you don’t, we are fanboys? That is interesting. Highlands is one of the best BTB maps Halo has to offer. It takes a lot of the good parts from other BTB maps and mashes them all together. I don’t see any harsh unbalancing on Highlands at all.
>
> Condemned doesn’t feel unbalanced for me either. I love the layout of the map, especially when people get lost in it. LOL
>
> I would have bought the maps when they released, but I received an early code.

People say highlands is unbalanced and messed up because they claim it has to many power weapons making battle in the middle pointless. Makes me laugh :slight_smile:

trying not to be a fanboy here but they are still new at manageing halo and are still limited in the things that they can do for the game.

you also have to remember with a TU how controvertal it is on what should change especialy AL and bloom, and takeing sides is a bad thing to do right away and probobly want to see both sides of the argument over here. and it does take a long time to make a TU for a game.

on a positive note the special helmet hasnt beeen released so it might be released as the new recon in a TU with vidmasters . and unlike bungie they go to forums to hear what people have to say about the game

> > > Fanboys lol
> > >
> > > Bungie released new things for the forge in the new maps which was pretty cool, it wouldn’t kill them to add in a new vehicle or too. The maps I have played are terrible with a few exceptions of course, the purchase is not really worth it though if the mjority of the maps are for BT. I like the way they look and all but you all may be blinded by this as the gameplay is unbalanced, especially on Highlands.
> >
> > So just because we like the new maps and you don’t, we are fanboys? That is interesting. Highlands is one of the best BTB maps Halo has to offer. It takes a lot of the good parts from other BTB maps and mashes them all together. I don’t see any harsh unbalancing on Highlands at all.
> >
> > Condemned doesn’t feel unbalanced for me either. I love the layout of the map, especially when people get lost in it. LOL
> >
> > I would have bought the maps when they released, but I received an early code.
>
> People say highlands is unbalanced and messed up because they claim it has to many power weapons making battle in the middle pointless. Makes me laugh :slight_smile:

I have to say though with a lot of power weapons it is hard to get a vehical going like a warthog with the power weapons, snipers and DMRs. just my two cents on the matter

The fanboy thing was me joking to my friend, sorry if you took that seriously.

Maybe you like the maps but I have played Highlands three times and every time it’s just a big camp fest with the snipers and vehicles spawn killing my team. I haven’t played the Firefight map yet so I can’t comment but your opinions are your opinions I suppose. I for one just dislike the huge maps.

> The fanboy thing was me joking to my friend, sorry if you took that seriously.
>
> Maybe you like the maps but I have played Highlands three times and every time it’s just a big camp fest with the snipers and vehicles spawn killing my team. I haven’t played the Firefight map yet so I can’t comment but your opinions are your opinions I suppose. I for one just dislike the huge maps.

the problem i have with highlands is the snipers, snipers on both bases have almost complete cover and see everything on the map. with hemmoridge however it is less bad because of all the hills it’s harder to snipe from base and you have to go out to get ammo once you run out putting you at risk, but the walls on the side of the canyon are also less covered and their are rocks around the map provideing cover, but on highlands people in the middle have no cover except for the pelican in the middle of the map and weapon respawn times means you dont even have to leave and put yourself at risk to get ammo.

on top of that their are a ton of other power weapons which have quick respawn times.

this is why vehical combat is so hard to do on the map

Map packs add to existing gameplay features, they don’t add new features. If you want new features, buy the next game. If you want to continue enjoying what you already have with new strategic options and great scenery, get map packs.

> > The fanboy thing was me joking to my friend, sorry if you took that seriously.
> >
> > Maybe you like the maps but I have played Highlands three times and every time it’s just a big camp fest with the snipers and vehicles spawn killing my team. I haven’t played the Firefight map yet so I can’t comment but your opinions are your opinions I suppose. I for one just dislike the huge maps.
>
> the problem i have with highlands is the snipers, snipers on both bases have almost complete cover and see everything on the map. with hemmoridge however it is less bad because of all the hills it’s harder to snipe from base and you have to go out to get ammo once you run out putting you at risk, but the walls on the side of the canyon are also less covered and their are rocks around the map provideing cover, but on highlands people in the middle have no cover except for the pelican in the middle of the map and weapon respawn times means you dont even have to leave and put yourself at risk to get ammo.
>
> on top of that their are a ton of other power weapons which have quick respawn times.
>
> this is why vehical combat is so hard to do on the map

The respawn times for the Sniper and Rockets are too quick. I never run out of Sniper ammo, and could go on just using the sniper, with that being said no one goes into the middle, for it’s pointless and certain death!

since when do map packs offer new gameplay?
new play methods, maybe. but not an entirely new gameplay.

and you must’ve seen the videos and screenshots of the new maps.
condemned is not that big and open.
it’s an objective map. no doubt.
and highlands… they said it themselves it was based on maps that they liked i.e.; timberland/blood gulch and i am sure some valhala. so you can’t complain if you didn’t catch on to the size of it.

I love Timberland, Blood Gulch, and Valhalla too!!! XD Best maps. Add Highlands too.