Map Packs Being Required

Does 343i Have any plans to make map packs a requirement (after a certain time period) to play in certain hoppers. I have all the map packs from every Halo game so far and I purchased the LE of Halo 4 and I would really like to see these maps more often. I know there is a hopper in Reach for them but there is never more than 800 players in it. I know some people may not be able to get them day one or week one, but if you can afford $60 a year for XBL I think you can purchase the maps. Also I do not think it is right to punish your customers who have given you additional money. Again, I just want to know if there are any plans because some of the best maps in Reach, I felt, were in the map packs and they were very hard to find in Matchmaking. Invasion on Breakpoint. Hardly ever found that.

I think at least they should always keep a dlc playlist up if they are going to release map packs and not required people to have it.

To counter you, I don’t think it’s right to punish those people who bought the game but don’t care for the DLC. I stopped playing Halo 3 because I didn’t have the DLC maps. Only like 2 playlists were playable without them. Stupid move imo.

> To counter you, I don’t think it’s right to punish those people who bought the game but don’t care for the DLC. I stopped playing Halo 3 because I didn’t have the DLC maps. Only like 2 playlists were playable without them. Stupid move imo.

^^ This…As much as having the maps should be rewarded, also not having the maps should be rewarded.

I think they should have a MM option for players with all maps; so like instead of choosing best connection, or skill level; you can look for all maps.

Well, it is a lot more realistic to consider it with H4. The amount of people who got the LE/season pass is overwhelming. But in order to not (…) the players over who did not decide to buy DLC, I believe there should be a search option which should prioritise matches with people who have DLC too.

EDIT: ^ you just beat me to it! Great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue:

There is nothing worse than having all the dlc maps and never getting to play them (reach). (okay there are worse things)

I don’t have a strong opinion on how to best fix it, but I know on Reach I felt kinda robbed when they removed the DLC playlists.

Reach robbed us… I bought every map pack, dumb move never play them…

Should be required for playlists like invasion. Or anywhere with no forge maps, but at least half of the lists should be free to play

> > To counter you, I don’t think it’s right to punish those people who bought the game but don’t care for the DLC. I stopped playing Halo 3 because I didn’t have the DLC maps. Only like 2 playlists were playable without them. Stupid move imo.
>
> ^^ This…As much as having the maps should be rewarded, also not having the maps should be rewarded.
>
> I think they should have a MM option for players with all maps; so like instead of choosing best connection, or skill level; you can look for all maps.

I was gonna say that in my original post I just forgot about it. I said that when Reach first came out and I bought the first map pack. I actually would take it one step further and have a list of maps and gametypes and you check off the ones you want to play and you won’t get anything but those gametypes on those maps. I would rather spend an extra two minutes searching for a game I wanted to play then find one right away and not enjoy it. I mean, I did pay for this, I should get out of it what I want. But yes, a search parameter like that would be awesome and most welcomed by me and my friends.

I like the way it’s handled in the Call of Duty games. I never feel like I’m forced to buy the DLC, but if I do buy them I still get to play on the new maps more often than not.

From my experience in Cod, it will load a DLC map and if you don’t have you get kicked. I suppose it is a good way to kind of make people want the DLC but I think it is a dirty business tactic. I haven’t play a lot of CoD, but that’s what happened to me when I did.

How much is a map pack? 10 bucks? People can afford a 60 dollar game, and 60 dollars a year for a live membership, they can afford a XBOX 360 console, but they can’t afford the map packs? People who pay 343 should be rewarded over those who do not. I hope it becomes similar to Halo 3 and forces out the cheapskates playlist by playlist.

I don’t ever want see map requirements again. Also, why did you assume everybody is paying for a full year of live? I haven’t been able to afford live for about 6 months now & the only reason I’m getting Halo 4 is because I got lucky. I’ll probably only be getting 3 months of live aswell.

My friends & I used to play Gears together all the time. Once the map packs hit & certain playlists were blocked from us they all left the game & sold it. I myself am going to sell Gears this week due to the very same reason. Map requirements annoys the people who don’t want to support DLC & the people who just can’t afford it. It’s not a good way to handle the packs.

DLC playlists are a much more viable option (as long as they don’t delete them -__-)
anyways. It keeps everyone happy if it’s done right.

I can understand the OP post, I did purchase the LE of Halo 4 and would like to play the maps that I have purchased; however, I don’t want to see anyone else who also paid for the original version of Halo 4 get hosed because they didn’t want to purchase the maps or couldn’t afford to.

I like the idea of having the ability to select for the connection whether you want the new map packs as a selection.

Also if I’m recalling correctly, I do like the way MP was handled in COD Black Op; if you had the new map packs it would automatically place you in a group of players that all had the map packs that way it was an option for everyone. Now if you played with a friend who did not have the map packs it would ultimately bring you back to standard launch maps that would never include the new ones since your friend did not have them.

If you don’t have them you don’t get to play them, but it shouldn’t affect a playlist; don’t limit players to a specific playlist because they don’t have the map packs. Just split everyone up silently behind the scenes in that playlist.

> I don’t ever want see map requirements again. Also, why did you assume everybody is paying for a full year of live? I haven’t been able to afford live for about 6 months now & the only reason I’m getting Halo 4 is because I got lucky. I’ll probably only be getting 3 months of live aswell.
>
> My friends & I used to play Gears together all the time. Once the map packs hit & certain playlists were blocked from us they all left the game & sold it. I myself am going to sell Gears this week due to the very same reason. Map requirements annoys the people who don’t want to support DLC & the people who just can’t afford it. It’s not a good way to handle the packs.
>
> DLC playlists are a much more viable option (as long as they don’t delete them -__-)
> anyways. It keeps everyone happy if it’s done right.

But if you don’t have XBL than not having the maps won’t effect you.

You by now should have a pretty clear idea of how 343 will integrate DLC maps into the playlists. Don’t expect any of the core playlists to ever require DLC maps. They might implement DLC-only playlists for short timespans; if they do, don’t bet on them lasting longer than a few months.

I must admit I had buyers remorse over reaches map pack purchase. I did not feel like I was rewarded for my purchases. But I really didn’t learn, I bought le and will just be hopeful that the are integrated more.

Like I said earlier, just always keep a dlc playlist up at all times for people who have it, it’s the best solution to the problem.

IMO the maps should be required in select playlists. I felt cheated when my paid for DLC wasn’t readily available in my favorite playlists, rather they were relegated to two exclusive dlc only playlists which were not my favorite in any manner.

> IMO the maps should be required in select playlists. I felt cheated when my paid for DLC wasn’t readily available in my favorite playlists, rather they were relegated to two exclusive dlc only playlists which were not my favorite in any manner.

Just looking at this from a busniess perspective it would make sense to “reward” people who buy the maps since they have given you extra money. And video games are a business at the end of the day.