Map ground pound to melee button

Just a suggestion, I use the Halo 4 controls on the Halo 5 beta and haven’t really used one of the new abilities called ground pound - evidently it can be aimed, but because my crouch button is mapped to B there’s a problem for me keeping my thumb on the right thumbstick. So just a suggestion for the final game here - allow the option to map ground pound to press and hold the melee button (which, for some players like me, is mapped to RB) so the thumb can be used to aim. Or, map the aiming of ground pound to the left thumbstick.

I feel it should be melee too. It only makes sence.

How would you do air assassinations then?

I would be ok for it to be re-mapped to D-Pad up

Just freaking remove GP. It’s the most useless Spartan Ability after slide.

I wish I could just take it off in the setting, like the air stability move.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> How would you do air assassinations then?

Double-tapping melee, the same way you avoided animating assassinations in Reach, you’d avoid going into ground-pound while in mid-air in H5. RB was Melee, but hold RB was assassinate, so double-tapping RB always melee’d. having Melee and Ground Pound work the same way mid-air in Halo 5 would be sufficient IMO.

Melee in air, while aiming at an enemy within lunge distance should be a melee/assassination. Melee in air without aiming at an enemy should be Ground Pound. Clicking sprint in mid-air should activate the hover function, without you having to zoom in.

Good idea i hope they do this. Then it could let people crouch/trick jump again.

Not a bad idea. What if you wanna melee mid air though? Seems more applicable then getting crouch in mid air

I agree it needs to be moved so we can crouch jump again, but I’m not convinced the melee button is the best option. It would be frustrating not to be able to do a regular melee when in air.

I think it should just be moved to down on the d-pad

> 2661949065475413;3:
> How would you do air assassinations then?

> 2533274815058613;11:
> I agree it needs to be moved so we can crouch jump again, but I’m not convinced the melee button is the best option. It would be frustrating not to be able to do a regular melee when in air.

Agreed 110%. Melee doesn’t seem like the best button to map it to.

> 2533274812240562;12:
> I think it should just be moved to down on the d-pad

I’m good with it as crouch, but this works for me too.

Normal melee - tap RB
Assassinate - double tap RB
GP - press and hold RB

Or, like I mentioned, just map the GP aiming to the left thumbstick instead.