MAP FEEDBACK THREAD: Condemned/Uplink (Defiant DLC)

The final moments aboard Orbital Gamma Station, a human communications space station.

Discuss your thoughts on the Halo Reach Defiant maps, Condemned and Uplink, here.

I like Condemned and Uplink, but they’re both broken for competitive play (Uplink’s a bit better since it’s more compact). Space needs to be soft-killed, but unfortunately that kills the only good spot on the map for a neutral power weapon. In the forge variant I made I had like 5 different teleporter channels to try and facilitate movement, take from that what you will.

Great map, but the low gravity area needs to have normal gravity.

The map itself is fine, although I wish there was no low grav. The problem is it doesn’t fit anywhere. It is too big for 4v4, and too small for 8v8. It works best for 6v6 but there is no non-DLC playlist that could use it in 6v6, making its usage limited.

Uplink does not show up in the Premium Slayer playlist, apparently because it is too small for 6 versus 6. So, for all practical purposes, it unfortunately appears to have disappeared from regular play. No one else seems to be bemoaning this.

There is hope for Uplink! Yesterday I played on it twice in Team Slayer.

> The map itself is fine, although I wish there was no low grav. The problem is it doesn’t fit anywhere. It is too big for 4v4, and too small for 8v8. It works best for 6v6 but there is no non-DLC playlist that could use it in 6v6, making its usage limited.

Good for you, they made a Squad DLC playlist :slight_smile:

Uplink has a Plasma Pistol on it that doesn’t show up in matchmaking. It only shows up if you save the map after playing on it, and then either go into Forge or Custom Game. It’s in Communications, at the bottom of the golden stairway near the hologram. This needs to be fixed, but as much as I’ve pointed it out, it keeps getting ignored.

Condemned

I liked this map a lot. Unfortunately it only works for 6v6, as 4v4 is too small and 8v8 is too big. This really doesn’t allow for many playlists with this in it to play well. I thought the low gravity was going to ruin it for me, but honestly, it is very fun and I do not have a problem with it. Their are no exploits that I know of, and I don’t think there is much to fix.

> Condemned
>
> I liked this map a lot. Unfortunately it only works for 6v6, as 4v4 is too small and 8v8 is too big.

I disagree. It plays okay in 4v4 and quite well in 5v5.

Comes up in team slayer, and swat so far, no complaints.