Manual clamber

Is it possible to manually camber? I tried disabling auto camber in the settings and then it seemed like I couldn’t clamber onto ledges anymore. I tried to clamber by jumping and holding A. It didn’t seem to work with ledges that I definitely clambered when the auto clamber was enabled. Is it a different button now? I was using an Xbox controller on PC. I haven’t tried it on Xbox yet.

You have to press twice so instead of jump and hold you jump then jump again.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> You have to press twice so instead of jump and hold you jump then jump again.

Perfect, thank you

Did that work for you? I was still having problems after turning autoclamber off. I’m used to tapping the jump button twice to clamber, as I used that setting in Halo 5, but I couldn’t manually clamber at all.

> 2533274867869186;4:
> Did that work for you? I was still having problems after turning autoclamber off. I’m used to tapping the jump button twice to clamber, as I used that setting in Halo 5, but I couldn’t manually clamber at all.

Pressing twice does seem to help but occasioally it would still miss and you wouldn’t clamber. Seems like you need to be closer than clamber from H5 too.

Thanks for responding. Guess I didn’t have the right timing/placement. Will have to try again!

> 2533274867869186;4:
> Did that work for you? I was still having problems after turning autoclamber off. I’m used to tapping the jump button twice to clamber, as I used that setting in Halo 5, but I couldn’t manually clamber at all.

Yeah, it worked for me. It definitely feels that like you have to be more precise with it than in Halo 5, where as long as you were holding A, you clambered. I still like it better than doing it automatically though. Sometimes I want to jump without climbing a nearby ledge. Since clambering leaves you vulnerable, I want to control when I do it.