Mantis usability

Doesn’t it seem like the Mantis is rather easy to eliminate? It always seems like when even 2 players team up against it it dies so easily. They really should have raised its base armor. Maybe firepower as well… or a real ground lock on ability would certainly be beneficial…

i can get more kills with a suppressor

considering it’s high level, it’s an instant sell for me

> 2533274837368362;1:
> Doesn’t it seem like the Mantis is rather easy to eliminate? It always seems like when even 2 players team up against it it dies so easily. They really should have raised its base armor. Maybe firepower as well… or a real ground lock on ability would certainly be beneficial…

ONI variant is probably way better. I have not see a mantis once, but in any human vehicle ONI variant can take way more damage

Even the Oni Mantis is disappointing. Yes, it has more armor - but, if your own team runs into you with a vehicle, your shields will break and you have the risk of being splattered (really). The chaingun is unchanged from the original, save for it might take a little bit longer to reach the point it needs to cooldown. I was hoping for an oni-turret on the chaingun to make it efficient, but that isn’t the case.

The rockets still take longer to charge than you’d like them to, only they get the ability to lock onto ground targets. It has some usefulness (you can hit a sniper standing on the West Armory from the Spire with these missiles) but it seems that the missiles will only track one target, hindering their effectiveness. All around, the Mantis - and all variants - is a very disappointing vehicle.

> 2748402094025503;4:
> Even the Oni Mantis is disappointing. Yes, it has more armor - but, if your own team runs into you with a vehicle, your shields will break and you have the risk of being splattered (really). The chaingun is unchanged from the original, save for it might take a little bit longer to reach the point it needs to cooldown. I was hoping for an oni-turret on the chaingun to make it efficient, but that isn’t the case.
>
> The rockets still take longer to charge than you’d like them to, only they get the ability to lock onto ground targets. It has some usefulness (you can hit a sniper standing on the West Armory from the Spire with these missiles) but it seems that the missiles will only track one target, hindering their effectiveness. All around, the Mantis - and all variants - is a very disappointing vehicle.

it isn’t invincible, nor should it be

I think if they just increased the radius of the radar while operating vehicles it would greatly improve the duration you’re actually able to use the dang thing I fell like as soon as I spawn one I get jacked immediately because by the time someone shows up on the radar they’re already on you…

Zipster- I completely agree, imagine my disappointment when I unlocked the clearance for the regular Mantis which happens to be Ultra Rare… It is just a massive target as a distraction at best… and reload rocket time is ridiculous… I can kill much easier and more with an ultra ghost for crissake, even a regular one!

Is it just me or does the Mantis’ machine gun do less damage than even a SAW?

That being said, I think the vehicle’s biggest issue is not being particularly durable. This is just compounded by the fact that it requires Req Level 7, when it can be taken apart by things much lower than that level…

Yeah the vehicle-jacking is off the charts! Its like, wtf?? I have this thing for 30 seconds… what a waste. They should be more mobile and have better movement speed so jacking it isn’t so freaking easy let alone grenade tagging.

I just want to get the clearance for the Phaeton and Banshee’s. Been buying gold packs but still no cigar.

> 2533274811430050;10:
> I just want to get the clearance for the Phaeton and Banshee’s. Been buying gold packs but still no cigar.

@SR37 you should be grinding bronze/silver to get your common/uncommon out of the way

> 2533274907732220;11:
> > 2533274811430050;10:
> > I just want to get the clearance for the Phaeton and Banshee’s. Been buying gold packs but still no cigar.
>
>
> @SR37 you should be grinding bronze/silver to get your common/uncommon out of the way

Yea I know but since they added those gold pack bundles my credit card has taken a hit.

> 2533274907732220;11:
> > 2533274811430050;10:
> > I just want to get the clearance for the Phaeton and Banshee’s. Been buying gold packs but still no cigar.
>
>
> @SR37 you should be grinding bronze/silver to get your common/uncommon out of the way

This. I just got my Banshee cert last night at SR45. I’ve bought gold packs but never gotten anything considerably better than the silver packs at their best.

Gold packs seem to give MORE of the uncommon/rare stuff, but don’t appear to give better gear droprates.

As for the Mantis’s durability, I can’t say. Vehicle collision damage is still stupid and totally reversed (can’t splatter enemies, but tapping allies destroys them). Mantis spawns are rare – hard to get, hard to work with, painful to lose.

its sad

> 2533274873204041;13:
> > 2533274907732220;11:
> > > 2533274811430050;10:
> > > I just want to get the clearance for the Phaeton and Banshee’s. Been buying gold packs but still no cigar.
> >
> >
> > @SR37 you should be grinding bronze/silver to get your common/uncommon out of the way
>
>
> This. I just got my Banshee cert last night at SR45. I’ve bought gold packs but never gotten anything considerably better than the silver packs at their best.
>
> Gold packs seem to give MORE of the uncommon/rare stuff, but don’t appear to give better gear droprates.
>
> As for the Mantis’s durability, I can’t say. Vehicle collision damage is still stupid and totally reversed (can’t splatter enemies, but tapping allies destroys them). Mantis spawns are rare – hard to get, hard to work with, painful to lose.

As long as there are uncommons and rares… your chances of getting the good stuff is extremely low until those are cleared out.

Use it like this guy and you’re golden…

The Mantis is perfect in regards to mobility but that’s it. Everything else needs a buff.

• Why is a REQ 7 vehicle killed by a single grenade (Why is any vehicle killed by a single grenade?!?)? - Armor is non-existant - Damage is minisculeOnce I’ve completed the commendation requirements for the Mantis, it will become an instant sell for me.