Mantis T-Bagging

This is a great little feature 343 added XD

What do you guys think about the Mantis?

I think it seems overpowered but then again they showed us the Mantis in full glory, destroying everything. I don’t think they’d show it being a terrible vehicle.

Here’s to hoping that if there are any issues, they will be fixed swiftly :slight_smile:

i see 2 things that could go wrong:

1. Noobs that can’t fight the thing will cry for a nerf just so they can destroy it BY THEMSLEVES WITH NO POWER WEAPONS/VEHICLES

2. it can’t climb stairs

What do I think about the Mantis?

That Optimus Prime would like to shake dat metal -Yoink-.

Now seriously, it seemed a bit overpowered in the trailer, maybe just because it was meant to look menacing and such…

But in Valhalla sharing map with rocket launchers, turrets, a splaser and another Mantis, I think it’ll be balanced.

Inb4 nerf.

I think the Mantis will open up a whole lot of new possibilities in Forge and customs, which is great!

Also take into account that in the trailer it gets disabled by a plasma pistol.

the mantis did appear a little over powered it also appears to combine the rocket and default hogs into one big vehicle with the ability to stomp on smaller enemys this when added to domination will equal starwars battlefront which will be quite interesting to see played on halo

I love eet

> the mantis did appear a little over powered it also appears to combine the rocket and default hogs into one big vehicle with the ability to stomp on smaller enemys this when added to domination will equal starwars battlefront which will be quite interesting to see played on halo

It may seem overpowered, but you have to remember that this is a remake of Vahalla, which had a Spartan Laser, Snipers, and Warthogs. I think it’ll be pretty balanced out.

Pro tip: Sprint away when you see it! Unless you have a Plasma Pistol.

Also, it’s nice to see Halo implementing concepts from the incredible Star Wars Battlefront series.

Now, all we need is Space Battles :slight_smile:

It does seem overpowered, and I’ve been told that it is very strong and overpowered from people that were at the Eurogamer Expo.

But they also said that you can defeat it, since there is a splazer, Banshee, Scorpion, Railgun and other stuff on the map. And there are 2 Mantises, so one could at least damage the other one to half health.
I think that decent players who can partially together can defeat it easily.

By the way, I think the Scorpion can wreck it into pieces. The one in the trailer didn’t really fight back.

I can’t wait.

It is quite powerful, but it looks like it’ll only be used on maps with enough power weapons to counter it. Ragnorak has other vehicles, banshees, scorpions, lazers, rockets and plasma pistols. It should be able to be countered and beaten with some good team coordination.

Its health looks balanced out too. It can be boarded. It can he EMPed.
It has a shielding system that has an incredibly long recharge time, and takes structure damage when shields are down. I seems to be able to survive a lazer blast (from gameplay), but it won’t last long after that unless its shields go back up. If a Banshee can evade the first rocket barrage, it has a fighting chance too.

It’s a silly casual gimmick that will ruin entire games because it’s op

… is what I WOULD say if I were a nut.

I think it’s possibly the coolest thing to happen to Halo since… well, I dunno. It’s freakin’ cool. Seriously, the first Forge map I make will most definitely be some sort of District-esque Mech-arena.

I think it’s awesome and fits right into Halo.

I really don’t think it will be overpowered seeing as there are all kinds of way to take it down if you are a skilled or smart player.
I also do not think it needs arms.

A great addition in my opinion. To me it looks like the freshness is back in Halo, a new sensation once again.

it doesn’t seem OP. It has a weak back side and it turns slowly. Team play strategy would be, power weapons on mantis, the sniper and two others should be attacking first off, with the banshee bombing the crap out of it from the beginning.

Selfish gameplay would be the only reason for this vehicle to wreck another team.

now only if you could put some jump jets on it (or not) and forge a bunch of mech fighting areanas and make that a playlist.

yea thats all i would play…forever.

it looks so awesome

Can it jump too?

> Can it jump too?

not that im aware of. it can stomp though!

> I love eet

EET(eat): A word you use when “it” just isn’t enough to describe something awesome.

I think it needs to be nerfed a bit. My guess it already has since i had heard somewhere that the build shown in the trailer and at Euro Expo was a month old.