Mantis pilots surviving a hijack?

This is something I’ve been noticing a lot lately, but a player will hijack a mantis from behind, plant a grenade, and jump off. Then the pilot will exit the vehicle, the grenade will go off and sometimes fail to destroy the mantis, then the pilot will just jump back in.

I kind of feel like this isn’t intended behavior, since if the grenade goes off while you’re inside it’s an instant kill and the mantis is destroyed but if you jump out before the grenade explodes the mantis and pilot survives… But what do you think?

I haven’t seen it happen myself, but a clip of it would be neat. Is this happening in Warzone or BTB?

> 2717573882290912;2:
> I haven’t seen it happen myself, but a clip of it would be neat. Is this happening in Warzone or BTB?

I just had it happen to me a few minutes ago in Warzone, I put this post up while waiting to respawn. I snuck up behind it while in camo, planted the grenade, and as I was jumping off the guy got out of the mantis and only had his shields taken out.

I’ll go into Theater and take a clip of it.

It’s a glitch which I thought was patched

Here we go; clip of me hijacking the mantis and the pilot jumping out before the grenade explodes.

I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.

> 2533274811336073;6:
> I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.

If only that’d happen when my hannibal gets hijacked. It seems like a magnet for enemy spartans whenever I pilot one xD

> 2533274850869596;7:
> > 2533274811336073;6:
> > I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.
>
> If only that’d happen when my hannibal gets hijacked. It seems like a magnet for enemy spartans whenever I pilot one xD

My Hannibal sadly still explodes, but my hijacker get instant karma in the form of bullets from yours truly :slight_smile:

Yeah I remember I managed to jump out whilst being hijacked once a long time ago, killed the dude and got back and in. Was really strange, though I wasn’t complaining :stuck_out_tongue: this was like 6 months or more ago

> 2533274811336073;8:
> > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > 2533274811336073;6:
> > > I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.
> >
> > If only that’d happen when my hannibal gets hijacked. It seems like a magnet for enemy spartans whenever I pilot one xD
>
> My Hannibal sadly still explodes, but my hijacker get instant karma in the form of bullets from yours truly :slight_smile:

I ‘unno why, but the RNG Gods have been really kind to me lately and I’ve got two dozen H.Manitses so I’ve been calling them out whenever I feel I can get away with using one. On the other hand, the elusive ONI Wasp continues to avoid my grubby little hands :’(

That’s awesome that you got some payback on your hijacker though~

> 2533274850869596;10:
> > 2533274811336073;8:
> > > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > > 2533274811336073;6:
> > > > I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.
> > >
> > > If only that’d happen when my hannibal gets hijacked. It seems like a magnet for enemy spartans whenever I pilot one xD
> >
> > My Hannibal sadly still explodes, but my hijacker get instant karma in the form of bullets from yours truly :slight_smile:
>
> I ‘unno why, but the RNG Gods have been really kind to me lately and I’ve got two dozen H.Manitses so I’ve been calling them out whenever I feel I can get away with using one. On the other hand, the elusive ONI Wasp continues to avoid my grubby little hands :’(
>
> That’s awesome that you got some payback on your hijacker though~

The RNG gods are giving me ONI Wasps in almost everyother daily login pack. I feel very grateful even though I don’t like the ONI Wasp that much.

> 2533274811336073;11:
> > 2533274850869596;10:
> > > 2533274811336073;8:
> > > > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > > > 2533274811336073;6:
> > > > > I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.
> > > >
> > > > If only that’d happen when my hannibal gets hijacked. It seems like a magnet for enemy spartans whenever I pilot one xD
> > >
> > > My Hannibal sadly still explodes, but my hijacker get instant karma in the form of bullets from yours truly :slight_smile:
> >
> > I ‘unno why, but the RNG Gods have been really kind to me lately and I’ve got two dozen H.Manitses so I’ve been calling them out whenever I feel I can get away with using one. On the other hand, the elusive ONI Wasp continues to avoid my grubby little hands :’(
> > That’s awesome that you got some payback on your hijacker though~
>
> The RNG gods are giving me ONI Wasps in almost everyother daily login pack. I feel very grateful even though I don’t like the ONI Wasp that much.

I’ve got twenty gold packs leftover from the sale just waiting to be opened. I refuse to open them until I can see confirmation the ONI Wasp doesn’t have like a 0.012% chance at dropping*.* I get a lot of Ultra Rare / Legendary’s out of daily logins as well. They seem to have relatively fair odds at shiny things, which I approve of!

No shhhh. This is how you keep your streak going

It could be he equipped the wheel man armor mod. Your grenade would have killed him even while he was bailing out but I guess the added armor was enough to survive the nade. Or it was an unfortunate glitch/exploit.

It’s a glitch that has been present since halo 4. You should look up how to do it. It’s pretty useful :slight_smile:

> 2535464801356957;13:
> No shhhh. This is how you keep your streak going

Lasers it is then :stuck_out_tongue:

The vehicle should be destroyed. I planted a grenade on a hannibal scorpion yesterday, and it failed to destroy it.

> 2533274811336073;6:
> I sometimes just don’t die when I get boarded in a Mantis. I just get ejected. I have noticed it almost always happens when I am in a Hannibal Mantis.

Wheelman?

A bigger problem is wraith/mantis pilots surviving warden melees even if the vehicle is destroyed. It’s happened too many times in WZFF where the warden takes a swing at my wraith, blowing it up, but I fly out the back, generally unharmed. While I appreciate the second chance, wouldn’t you agree this is odd?

if you eject the same time as the hijacker jumps off you live. even so they patched mantises being boarded from the front i think this shouldnt be changed because camo. but the mantis should get destroyed.