Mantis literally almost unstoppable....

So every time i get on Ragnorak the Mantis seems to always rape way more than it should. I was in it for the first time and went 36-0. It took a Sniper, a banshee, a spartan laser, and the other mantis to take me down, not to mention the constant DMRing you get from people. Why did they think a walking base was a “smart” idea?

IDK but I hate the Mantis. If you have a laser and a well-coordinated team, you can definitely kill it, but if you’re just in a party of a few people, you’re never going to take it down.

To counter a Mantis. Plasma pistol- O: What? Really!? You can have them in your loadouts- mind=blown.

The mantis is anything but unstoppable, you were just playing against noobs.

Any player with a Plasma Pistol can beat a Mantis 1v1 with little to no effort.

usually my team just goes full force on it and its gone within a few seconds

Taking down a Mantis is no harder than a Scorpion. Plasma pistol, jump on the back, plant grenade. Done.
Of course if you keep trying to rush it, you’ll get owned. But if you play it smart it’s very doable.

Another good question would be why did they think that Perks, High Aim Assist, High Bullet magnetism, large hit boxes, Personal Ordinance was a good idea? But yeah the Mantis seems a little strange, I’m not fond of using it, but it does seem to do a fair bit of damage compared to the other vehicles on Ragnarok.

Mantis is a walking death trap. EMP them, then hijack. Or, hide and wait for them to pass, then hijack. They turn around so slowly that its almost impossible to not hijack it this way.

yah but its not that hard to avoid encounterments that close… its simply playing the map smart with it. If someone who gets in has somewhat of a brain they have no problem avoiding the Plasma Pistol…

Unstoppable? Not at all.

The Mantis’ don’t last that long in the Ragnorak matchs I’ve played. A good team coordinated effort brings it down pretty fast. Once those shields blow and its caught in the open. The only thing that’ll make it unstoppable is if the enemies don’t know how to counter it. Racing up close with a Warthog just gets the hog smashed, running up from the front to board it justs ends in a pool of blood. Either distract it and sneak around, or use the variou spower weapons from Ordinance and the map to hit it from range.

I don’t see it as that big a problem so far.

[deleted]

> To counter a Mantis. Plasma pistol- O: What? Really!? You can have them in your loadouts- mind=blown.

yah but its not that hard to avoid encounterments that close… its simply playing the map smart with it. If someone who gets in has somewhat of a brain they have no problem avoiding the Plasma Pistol…

To all the players that complain about this being unstoppable. SHOOT IT WITH YOUR GUNS. The DMR is especially effective at taking it out long range, don’t just stand around waiting for it to find you, you’d be suprised how many i’ve taken down/assisted with a starting weapon.

Use your minds :S

in my experience of playing against the mantis is that it isn’t that overpowered. If you have a team that works together it’s fairly easy to take it out. A good way that i found to take it out is to circle it with the warthog whilst the turret shooting at it.

TC you just play against BKs.
I’m already 3/5 on my commedations for killing mantises, and I don’t even touch vehicles when I do it.

With my BTB loadout, on foot, with no power weapons, I can effectively kill every vehicle in the game with ease except the Scorpion (Well the method is the same but harder to excecute)

In all honesty I’ll probably be one of the first people to get the vehicle destruction commedation (Sucks that you need mongoose kills too)

People ought to know by now how to counter vehicles without lasers or rockets, you just played the group that lacks the ability to learn and adapt.

> > To counter a Mantis. Plasma pistol- O: What? Really!? You can have them in your loadouts- mind=blown.
>
> yah but its not that hard to avoid encounterments that close… its simply playing the map smart with it. If someone who gets in has somewhat of a brain they have no problem avoiding the Plasma Pistol…

Um no, only if you’re an idiot who shoots them as they’re looking at you. Hit them from the flank and they can’t dodge it.

Am I the only person here who understands basic teamwork?
“Hey teammate, shoot the mantis from the right flank, I’ll go left”
Teammate goes right, starts shooting then uses light shield once aggro is pulled
While mantis is still looking right, I EMP it from the left
Both me and my teammate throw our plasmas at it, destroying it

Problem solved…

Vehicles are only strong if you lack the basic sense to counter them.

This is the problem with Ragnarok, there is literally too many vehicles for the map. Once one team gets a lead with a Banshee, Mantis and Sniper… it’s game over. Such a bad decision. There should be no Banshees and one Mantis in the middle of the map.

they first said it wasn’t going to be in the multiplayer in the first place due to balancing issues, but i see they’ve thrown out balancing issues due to laziness, and finding another game to rip off

> This is the problem with Ragnarok, there is literally too many vehicles for the map. Once one team gets a lead with a Banshee, Mantis and Sniper… it’s game over. Such a bad decision. There should be no Banshees and one Mantis in the middle of the map.

So if you KNOW that that is a potential issue, why not make the effort to counter it?
That’s what my clan does, and the ONLY time we’ve lost on Ragnarock was when we joined in progress as the losing team and it was too late to make a comeback.

Here’s the thing with the mantis. You aren’t supposed to try and fight it with a DMR. Hell, you aren’t supposed to fight it with a banshee. Would you fight a scorpion with a banshee? No. So don’t fight a mantis either, unless you’re a very skilled pilot and prepared for some serious pain. The only things equipped to kill it are the spartan laser, the rockets, and a warthog if you have a skilled driver and gunner. You really don’t want to go toe to toe with one, and if you try to, or sprint straight forward and are suprised when you find one standing in your way, that’s the fault of the player, not a balancing issue. After all, the mantis is slower than a player, so if you’re killed by one, it’s because you weren’t paying attention or made a bad decision. Simple as that. It’s not overpowered, provided you have the wits to take it down. Stealth, power weapons, or run like hell; Those are your three options.