Mantis is useless

I don’t know what happened, but the mantis has become one of the worst vehicles in the game. The missiles do little to no splash damage, and can’t be fired one at a time. The chain gun is pathetic, and the stomp of death is gone. To make matters worse, it has paper thin armor and can be boarded incredibly easily. It is not worth 7+ reqs, and needs to be buffed to the point where it is the beast it was in halo 4.

some people complained about the Mantis being too OP in Halo 4
343 decided to nerf it,so everyone would be happy again (almost everyone)
maybe that’s why it’s so useless in Halo 5.

It needs quite a buff for Lvl 7 REQs.

• Give extra HP and extra strength to shields - Give Melee Stomp more splash damage - Remove ability to be boarded from the frontI feel the Mantis and Phaeton are quite vulnerable, considering their rarity and REQ Level

> 2533275007059966;3:
> It needs quite a buff for Lvl 7 REQs.
>
> - Give extra HP and extra strength to shields
> - Give Melee Stomp more splash damage
> - Remove ability to be boarded from the front
> I feel the Mantis and Phaeton are quite vulnerable, considering their rarity and REQ Level

Agreed. Most vehicles are on the weaker side right now. Though a good banshee pilot can wreck havoc for some time.

The Mantis’ greatest fatal flaw is having disturbingly low health. They get curbstomped by a Railgun slug harder than a Scorpion gets hurt by a Spartan Laser. I’ve killed two of them with a DMR earlier today. It seems like their shield has about the same strength as a Spartan’s shield, lol.

Their weapons are also not too great, but they are at least reasonable. The health, however, is not. If the mech’s current stats do not change, I think it should be lowered to Req level 5, with the ONI variant being level 6.

At first glance I thought the extra mobility was going to make this variant a monster!
Not even close, this Mantis falls terribly short of its Halo 4 cousin.
In addition to what’s been mentioned above;

Missiles are wildly inaccurate
Stomp has no effect on a Scorpion
Anti-air missile lock is nowhere near as effective as it would seem

This vehicle used to dominate Ragnarok in Halo 4, but honestly, I’d rather Req a Wiplash any day of the week .

> 2533274835072493;5:
> The Mantis’ greatest fatal flaw is having disturbingly low health. They get curbstomped by a Railgun slug harder than a Scorpion gets hurt by a Spartan Laser. I’ve killed two of them with a DMR earlier today. It seems like their shield has about the same strength as a Spartan’s shield, lol.
>
> Their weapons are also not too great, but they are at least reasonable. The health, however, is not. If the mech’s current stats do not change, I think it should be lowered to Req level 5, with the ONI variant being level 6.

Agreed, it’s not worth the price

agreed, the only mantis which can do something is the oni mantis

Agree

At least it’s more maneuverable than in H4

Super agree. I remember when I pulled a mantis in a req pack when the game first came out. I was so stoked but I didn’t get the certification so I just held on to this one dam mantis for so long. Then I finally got certified and was able to bust one out on the battlefield. Aaaaaaaannnnndddd… It did not last long. Really disappointing to experience just how weak they are

It may be a bit more fair if 343 just made it move a bit quicker. You could stomp easier and escape damage easier.