Pros:
-Fast killtimes
-Machine gun in right arm
-Missile launcher in left arm
-Stomp ability crushes small vehicles and infantry
-Can only be boarded from behind
-Faster than a Tank
-Has shields
-Doesn’t take one spartan laser to kill(NOTE: We don’t know if the tank is a 1HKO yet with spartan laser or not)

Cons:
-Highly Visible
-Very large and obstructs rear view of the screen
-Missiles do not lock on(from what we’ve seen)
-Entire vehicle shuts down when EMP’D
-Cannot defend itself when being boarded
-Shields recharge very slowly
-Any power up trait that the player had does not apply when entering the Mantis
-Turret Overheats quickly

Also, I’m sure that there’s more technical information about it that will be revealed in this week’s bulletin.

Now I believe that atleast 90% of my current audience has played a game called, Halo:Reach. In that game the vehicles were not over powered but some aspects of these vehicles were heavily abused, but a player with experience could definitely use them well.

For example, a Banshee can definitely be powerful when a player uses the banshee tricks often and they are in an open space. They can easily spawn camp with the vehicle, but every shot counts towards destroying the Banshee and most of the time players refuse to work together to destroy it, but instead complain and whine about it. Though from experience I know that it can be frustrating to destroy for a variety of reasons.

Let’s take the Scorpion tank now. Can be pretty stationary, get it up top a nice hill from a great angle and you can see the entire enemies base. It’s a sniper rifle with splash damage. A player with good eyesight and timing could easily take out infantry cross map. It has a rotatable cannon, which allows it to attack enemies from the rear as well, and it has a turret so that both roles can be fulfilled. While the main cannon shoots from behind, the turret can shoot infantry ahead of the tank. Now the simplest way to take out a tank is ofcourse with a sniper. One shot to take off the hatchet/cockpit, then another one to snipe the one driving the tank. However with bloom you can easily miss the second -Yoink- if you panic and the tank will destroy you. The tank’s main cannon has a lack of vertical maneuverability compared to horizontal which can allow enemies to board it from the front. But wait, the tank can crash into a wall and sacrifice some health by shooting a missile at the wall to pick off the enemy OR the turret can shoot off the enemy in time. In Halo 4 an EMP will finally shut down the main cannon.

One can see how easily vehicles can be OP despite any nerfs to it. If you still have doubts, a ghost can take out a Scorpion rather easily(as I have done so before). As stated previously, the tank’s main cannon can hardly move up and down, so a ghost can get to the sides of a tank and shoot it repeatedly until it explodes.

I think the Mantis is not over powered and anything seen in the trailer was exaggerated to ofcourse make the first usable mech in a Halo game, and Frankie’s favorite vehicle look epic(which it is) The Mantis has it’s weaknesses and strengths and it is to be noted that the Eurogamer build is a month old, so nerfs/changes may have been made to the Mantis whether this is good/bad news for the majority.

Great post, but i think there are a lot of mantis posts already.

Anyhow, it’s really good what you did there

EDIT: Judging by youtube videos, it has a really slow missiles reload .

I can’t wait to use it but I’ll probably only get one kill before I get wiped.

Wonder if it’s gonna be a fight for which team member gets to use the Mantis lol.

I like your analysis you seem to have put a lot of effort and thought into it.

All true, just one thing i think ppl will love u can easily kill the mantis with just 2 mere spartan laser shots :slight_smile: besides emp and hijack.

Lol this hijack looks badass its like the guy in the pic is using rasengan xD

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=halo%204&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDoQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neoseeker.com%2Fnews%2F20968-halo-4-brings-back-halo-3-map-valhalla-now-named-ragnarok%2F&ei=cUBqUMSrE9KH0QHb6IGYAQ&usg=AFQjCNGuXY7C-CDelbzPEey09Q2Fp7-cMA

> I like your analysis you seem to have put a lot of effort and thought into it.

Thank you, I just question why people say it’s overpowered when it is meant to be a heavy vehicle, it’s like saying the SAW is overpowered as a heavy weapon.

All you gotta do is have Mobility on, have a Plasma Pistol and some Pulse grenades and you’ll be set to wreak havoc on all kind of Mantis–Yoink-.

> All true, just one thing i think ppl will love u can easily kill the mantis with just 2 mere spartan laser shots :slight_smile: besides emp and hijack.
>
> Lol this hijack looks badass its like the guy in the pic is using rasengan xD
>
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=halo%204&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDoQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neoseeker.com%2Fnews%2F20968-halo-4-brings-back-halo-3-map-valhalla-now-named-ragnarok%2F&ei=cUBqUMSrE9KH0QHb6IGYAQ&usg=AFQjCNGuXY7C-CDelbzPEey09Q2Fp7-cMA

lol nice Naruto Reference, now I know what I will scream out when I stick it XD

Lol xD

> All you gotta do is have Mobility on, have a Plasma Pistol and some Pulse grenades and you’ll be set to wreak havoc on all kind of Mantis–Yoink!-.

Customizable loadouts will really change up how we play the game.

With PP and stickies in loadouts vehicles will be more or less death traps. I know I will certainly enjoy killing em

Personally, it seems like it gives too much power to one Spartan, with missiles and a machine gun. The tank lost its coaxial HMG for that exact reason. . . but only time will tell considering few to no one here has actually played with it.