Mantis in meltdown? :/

With the new edition of the mantis to the map meltdown, the maps seems to have a lot less warthog vs warthog battles and it is much hard to stay alive on foot.
Overall, I had a lot more fun on that map before there was any mantis’s, 3 of the 2 games I recently played on that map ended up with the winning team having 3 mantis’s and all ghosts and warthogs getting destroyed in seconds.
Tell me if you agree or if I’m an idiot.

I hate meltdown now. Mantis just screws up gameplay. Not only that, but the spawntimes for Mantis are ridiculous on Meltdown, like 15 seconds after the Mantis dies I see another one pop-up. 343 managed to wreck one of my favourite maps with the addition of the Mantis.

I hate Ragnarok because of Mantis, now I hate Meltdown because of Mantis.

Spawntime for the Mantis is the worst thing. A new one is back on the map 20 seconds after the other one explodes

In my opinion, due to the map being fairly narrow and cramped in the areas the Mantis can go, it’s easy enough to EMP the Mantis and board it quickly.

> In my opinion, due to the map being fairly narrow and cramped in the areas the Mantis can go, it’s easy enough to EMP the Mantis and board it quickly.

I’m sorry, but mantis just stays in one area, supressing any movement from the bridge, and there are usually a wealth of players with their mantis that stops you from boarding/EMP-ing.

> In my opinion, due to the map being fairly narrow and cramped in the areas the Mantis can go, it’s easy enough to EMP the Mantis and board it quickly.

Yes but it’s powerful enough to suppress the entire enemy team, and if you did manage to EMP it the guys on foot would shoot down anyone trying to pass over the bridge, because all it does is sit on the bridge.

i dont see why people hate the mantis so much, i never use it(ive been in one twice), and i rearely get killed by it. ive out-shot one on foot with my DMR before. use plasma pistol and board, thats the way to go. unless you have a powerweapon.

yes i can see where they can become annoying, but they arent in anyway as game-breaking as everyone makes them sound.

I hate the addition of the Mantis to Meltdown. Meltdown was my second favorite BTB map, then the Mantis showed up and it’s as annoying to play on as Ragnarok/Valhalla.
I like the Mantis in campaign, but it just seems annoying in War Games. Every few minutes when they spawn, the game gets slowed down so much and it becomes less of a team game and more of a big fight between whoever’s piloting the Mantis. It’d probably be a lot less annoying if there was only one, and it respawned really slowly, but I’d still prefer if it was taken out in the next update.